Organizing Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
is there a way to transfer photos in your personal gallery to a folder without losing comments? i'm trying to organize my photos to seperate my diaper ones from my personal photos.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't think so, since I think you have to reupload the pictures to your profile gallery

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Frankly, albums were not supposed to be enabled, and I'm leaning towards turning them off entirely.
The only reason I haven't done so yet is that I don't want people to lose their saved stuff.
There's no reason to have two systems (gallery + profile albums) which do essentially the same thing.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Are you talking about the main gallery - the one accessible from the menu at the top of this page, where it says "galleries"?
In that gallery, when you to go one picture, you should have a series of symbols at the bottom, like this:

The move one looks like a folder icon with a pencil (or just move your mouse over the icons until you find the right one). After that, it should be pretty self-explanatory.

If, however, you're talking about profile gallery, then I can't really help you - I don't like that gallery to begin with (like Moo), and have only used it once for uploading a picture to be shared with a social group.

Peachy

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
just checked out my photos and the move icon is the one i'm missing.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Which one is it, I can do it for you (as long as it's not a personal album)

Role
Private
Frankly, albums were not supposed to be enabled, and I'm leaning towards turning them off entirely
Are you talking about personal (private) albums? The one's that have a password protect on them?

I've just moved most of my photos into one because I wanted to be more restrictive over who sees them. I think they are a great idea to share your photos whilst still having very select privacy.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
No, he's talking about the forum's built in albums (the one you can see in the profile) (which for me is for some reason collapsed and I can't restore it.)

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Frankly, albums were not supposed to be enabled, and I'm leaning towards turning them off entirely.
The only reason I haven't done so yet is that I don't want people to lose their saved stuff.
There's no reason to have two systems (gallery + profile albums) which do essentially the same thing.
One important thing: Pictures in social groups have to come profile albums, I have no idea why that's the case, but it means that profile albums go then no social groups will have pictures!
(Unless it's possible to change the settings somehow to allow non-profile album pictures to be used in social groups).

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
You'll have to wait for Peachy or Moo. Because I can't put stuff in YOUR albums.

Peachy

Banned
Role
WHere do you want those pictures moved? Remember that you'll have to create new albums first if you want them moved there,because from whatI can tell, you only have one subalbum - "Xtreme Fit" or something like that.

Also, the "move" icon doesn't work for me. I can, however, move pictures via the "edit pictures"-button. Maybe you can try that too - click on "edit picture" and you may be able to choose the gallery from that page. Give it a try.

Peachy

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
WHere do you want those pictures moved? Remember that you'll have to create new albums first if you want them moved there,because from whatI can tell, you only have one subalbum - "Xtreme Fit" or something like that.

Also, the "move" icon doesn't work for me. I can, however, move pictures via the "edit pictures"-button. Maybe you can try that too - click on "edit picture" and you may be able to choose the gallery from that page. Give it a try.

Peachy
yes, exactly that. i would like to seperate the photos of myself and such from my diaper photos.
i tried the edit function, but all i could do was organize them by gallery section, not folder options.

Peachy

Banned
Role
yes, exactly that. i would like to seperate the photos of myself and such from my diaper photos.
i tried the edit function, but all i could do was organize them by gallery section, not folder options.
You have to create folders first before you can move your pictures to the new folders! Have you done that yet?!

Peachy

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
ok, just figured it out. thanks guys.
i had the process out of order. first i needed to make the folder and then go into the photo clicked edit photo and then onto the change catagory? pull down menu.

Peachy

Banned
Role
ok, just figured it out. thanks guys.
i had the process out of order. first i needed to make the folder and then go into the photo clicked edit photo and then onto the change catagory? pull down menu.
That should do the trick. Unless the folder already exists, it won't show up in the pull-down menu, and there is no option in the "edit photo"-page that would allow you to create a new album to move it into.

Peachy

Status
Not open for further replies.