• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Oregon Trail

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

secretdl26

I remember the original Oregon Trail. I haven't played it in forever but I have had many a discussion with my friends about how awesome Oregon Trail was and how far each of us made it.

My science teacher also has the "You Have Died of Dysentery" shirt.

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
I love the Oregon Trail! Still have it, I'll pop it in every once in awhile.

"So-and-so got sick and died." Boy did I ever HATE it when that happened.

--The Silent Assassin--

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
None of my guys died from being sick. One of them drowned though

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
OMG, I used to play that game in school in like the 5-6th grade or something around there. I wonder if I could get it running on Vista 64bit XD.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
OMG, I used to play that game in school in like the 5-6th grade or something around there. I wonder if I could get it running on Vista 64bit XD.
The link I have is the actual game to play.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Arrrrgh! My whole party died (at different times) but I MADE IT (yeah)

Pojo you are not in the top 10 but your score would have you about 6th

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Pojo you are not in the top 10 but your score would have you about 6th
Darn, it showed me as 5 on the top scores, I guess there isn't a way to have them update for everyone.

I was proud of myself:

Last edited:

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Oh. My. Gosh!

I remember this from like, seven years ago!!!

I loved this game! It used to be all that we played during any Computer-oriented school activity.

I must have been on a Mac without realizing it.. :)

Anyway, I just got on the Top Ten. :D

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I like the first CD PC version better. One time I was in computer class and I was already at the end of the game before the teacher finished explaining how to play the game, or what items/classes to start off with.

That was my speed run. :p (My partner got SOOOO pissed off)

Gil

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
This was one of the most popular games every created for the Macintosh platform. I remember seeing this like 10-11 years ago, but I've never played it.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I tried this today and I named one of my people "Yo Mama" and it happens they were the first ones to die, I was speed running it.

So it said "Yo Mama is gone." :laugh:

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
We played Oregon Trail 2 at my elementary school. :p
That was freaking amazing.

D

daria7483

I played it last night. I didn't do fantastically, traveling as a carpenter. I always name my wagon party members after my friends and boyfriend, and my boyfriend kept getting exhaustion. At least he didn't die, but my best friend did. She drowned when our wagon tipped over crossing one of the later rivers. We also lost 500 pounds of food at that time, and since I was having some trouble hunting (I don't remember it being that hard! When I played back in the day, I think it was just click on the animal to shoot it) this meant we had to get by on "meager" rations for the rest of the way. Anyway, somehow I still managed to be able to put my name on the top score thing at the end. Also, we only passed one gravesite, much to my disappointment.

I remember in grade school our teacher would get pissed at the boys for hunting too much and leaving carcasses everywhere. I think she was trying to teach conservation but it was only a computer game.

B

BabyWolf

I wonder if I could get it running on Vista 64bit XD.
You need a utility called DosBox. Vista drops 8 and 16-bit support, and that game runs in 8-bit DOS. I was able to get a few old DOS games running perfectly with it.

D

daria7483

I got it to run on Vista 64-bit, using Firefox. I don't think I have DosBOx.

I, well, after reading this thread, was really desperate to play a more updated version of the game. I downloaded a free trial OT 5 onto my new computer (which has Vista) and when that didn't work (it kept saying it couldn't find the file oregon.dat), I tried to re-download it on my old computer, since I downloaded and played it already about a year ago. But somehow the trial version knew I'd already played it on that computer (even though I'd uninstalled the old trial version) and just kept saying the trial had run out.

Sooooo, out of desperation (I REALLY was craving OT) I went to Target and bought the game for $20. It still wouldn't run on my new computer but I installed it and played it on my old one. Twice :) Anyone got any ideas to help it run on my new computer? It said on the back of the box that it should run in Vista if you had enough RAM, which I definitely do.

Anyway, that's twice in the past two weeks that Adisc has prompted me to stimulate the economy. The first was the root beer thread.

Icey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, Little, Carer
I loved this game, I was a pro at the hunting part if the game!! I had a knack of getting to the end with every one still alive & healthy or on the mend!!

Another game I loved to play was called Number Munchers, learned a lot of good math skills from that game!!

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Sissy
Oh yes, I defiantly remember playing this back in 5th and 6th grade. I used to go into the computer lab at school all the time during lunch/recess (I was just that awesome)

Status
Not open for further replies.