Status
Not open for further replies.

notarealname

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Hey guys and gals,

I'm ordering from ABU for the first time, and was wondering on shipping, etc.

I'm going to use the Fed/Ex Home Delivery Service, and according to:
Shipping Information @ ABUniverse.com - The Worlds Best AB/DL Superstore

It is going to take 4 days to get to me. Does anyone know the reliability of the above information? Does it usually take a longer or shorter amount of time?

I NEED them to be here sometime between this saturday, and a week from today, and since there is no shipping tomorrow, should I place my order today?

Any general tips?

Thanks,
-notarealname

Possibly Insane

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey guys and gals,

I'm ordering from ABU for the first time, and was wondering on shipping, etc.

I'm going to use the Fed/Ex Home Delivery Service, and according to:

It is going to take 4 days to get to me. Does anyone know the reliability of the above information? Does it usually take a longer or shorter amount of time?

I NEED them to be here sometime between this saturday, and a week from today, and since there is no shipping tomorrow, should I place my order today?

Any general tips?

Thanks,
-notarealname

For me, they've always arrived on time. Both when I lived in Seattle, and now that I live in NYC.

Pawlf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
I've ordered from them a couple times, and they ship pretty fast and customer service is pleasant to deal with. The second time I ordered from them, the tracking number status on FedEx's website showed my package was delivered. I didn't receive it so I had to contact ABU and they immediately contacted FedEx on my behalf and tracked the package down for me. It was delivered to the wrong address and I was freaking out thinking that it might have been opened. Luckily when I received my order the very next day, it was still sealed tight.

I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

Fruitkitty

ADISC Content Editor
Staff
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
There are a lot of really good reasons not to order from ABU, but their ability to use FedEx correctly is not one of them.

TheHarryPotter

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have dealt with them all of twice now, it seems like they do arrive when they are said to arrive. I have timed it at least here in Virginia to be around 7-10 days from coast to coast.

Garzilla

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Your shipping times will depend on when you order and where you are located. I have not had an issue with them getting the order out the door quickly, although it is unreasonable to order at the end of the day and expect it to go out the same day. So order earlier in the day.

zilawt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I had my order shipped within 3 business days, even on a saturday. I can honestly say I'm glad to have ordered from ABU. Squeak! :3

notarealname

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Thanks for the info guys, I ordered them last night, and if my calculations are correct, they will be here Saturday, when my parents (still in High School) aren't home.

Now I just have to worry that they get here too soon (you know, when my whole family will be here, my parents will rip open the box, and my secret will be out).

:3

Garzilla

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Thanks for the info guys, I ordered them last night, and if my calculations are correct, they will be here Saturday, when my parents (still in High School) aren't home.

Now I just have to worry that they get here too soon (you know, when my whole family will be here, my parents will rip open the box, and my secret will be out).

:3

Well you can take the risk of telling them that you are expecting a package and that you would prefer they not open it. Technically speaking you are an adult and they have no right to open a package that is specifically addressed to you.

notarealname

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Well you can take the risk of telling them that you are expecting a package and that you would prefer they not open it. Technically speaking you are an adult and they have no right to open a package that is specifically addressed to you.

Strict parents, like mine, would say, "You've ordered a package? WHATS INSIDE?"

AKA I don't have any privacy here, except when they are gone and on my tech devices.

Garzilla

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Yea I know the feeling but you are still an adult. The choice is to remind them that you are now technically and legally an adult and that you would appreciate a fair bit of privacy. If you word this well, and not as abruptly as I have above, they might get it.

A some point they will need to allow you enough autonomy and show you that you can be trusted so that you will develop the tools needed to deal with life on your own. Usually this should happen before 18 but as long as it happens it is good.

I would literally ask them, if you never trust me how am I supposed to grow up?

There is one major disclaimer. Now that you are an adult they could easily kick you out so it is important to use some care in how you approach the situation.

What often happen, although this might be different in your case, is that the parents continue to look at the kid as a kid even though they have become an adult. Because this process happens over time they don't notice the sudden technical nature that you have become an adult, they just see you as the same kid that you were yesterday and that you have been for some time.

flysquishy

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Do you have access to wheels? If so FedEx will hold your package at a local shipping location for you to come and pick it up. Could work to protect your secret if the shipping is off by a bit. Once you have the tracking number check the FedEx website for info. Typically they hold it at one of their FedEx staffed locations and I think they might also hold packages at Kinko's.

notarealname

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Ordering from ABU PART 2!

Hey guys and gals,

I made this post (http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-talk/69915-ordering-abu.html) about ordering from ABU, their reliability, etc...

ANYWAY, time for an update.... On Monday night, knowing they wouldn't ship on Christmas, I went ahead and ordered some cushies (Woo :3 ) to be delivered to my house, hopefully arriving when my parents are gone.

Only one problem.... I've been on the tracking page on their website and I get...

Our records indicate order number (MY ORDER # HERE) was placed on Monday, 12/24/2012.
Tracking information has not yet been added to this order in the online tracking system, which does not necessarily mean that no progress has been made processing your order.

Well shiznits... What do I do now? I really need the tracking info, and I emailed them last night, which I've heard things about their customer service, but literally what do I do????

I need that tracking info (More as of a security net to know WHEN they are coming...)

Anyone else have similar problems?
What do?

Thanks,

Notarealname

YOU HAD ONE JOB ABU!

notarealname

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Do you have access to wheels? If so FedEx will hold your package at a local shipping location for you to come and pick it up. Could work to protect your secret if the shipping is off by a bit. Once you have the tracking number check the FedEx website for info. Typically they hold it at one of their FedEx staffed locations and I think they might also hold packages at Kinko's.

I do have a car, and thought about this option, but I've already ordered, so...

- - - Updated - - -

Part 2:
http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-talk/70047-ordering-abu-part-2-a.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Siddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
If the order was placed on monday they may not ship it till the next day, but ABU and the FEDex may have been closed on Tuesday and Wednesday. Plus Shipping company may not post the information right way. I seen them take a extra day or two day to post where the package is and that from amazon and EBay.

Just give it some time around this time of year is the busiest time for shipping things.

Also you should keep the post under one thread you did not need to make a new one just to update

Last edited:

notarealname

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
If the order was placed on monday they may not ship it till the next day, but ABU and the FEDex may have been closed on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Fed/Ex was open yesterday, I checked cause I wanted everything to be timed perfectly... Additionally, ABU's Customer Service was online yesterday, which leads me to presume that they were open too.

Just give it some time around this time of year is the busiest time for shipping things.

Yeah, I'm just having a little panic attack with this being my first time and all...

Also you should keep the post under one thread you did not need to make a new one just to update

Oops. :wallbash:

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
yeah.. it takes 1-3 days to get a tracking number and 1-2 days after that to get a location.

I order online a lot (in general for any business)

Only exception is when the businesses is set up for rushing. (Amazon is very good with dealing with this) When you ask for 1 day for something... you get it in one day ... getting a tracking number before it comes is pretty hard XD

Sometimes they just accurate projections as opposed to a live update to give you an idea. Works well.

Garzilla

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I do have a car, and thought about this option, but I've already ordered, so...

- - - Updated - - -

Part 2:
http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-talk/70047-ordering-abu-part-2-a.html

You might be able to contact the shipper, either online or by phone, and have them hold the package at the station. This would be a good thing to do anyway because there will be an anticipated delivery date.

By the way, I have seen lots of packages delivered faster than the expectation set by the retailer, and even some delivered before the anticipated delivery date.

Siddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Well i made a order this morning and they just shipped it. So you should have gotten a email to say it was shipped too. have you? Also what did you order?

notarealname

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Well i made a order this morning and they just shipped it. So you should have gotten a email to say it was shipped too. have you? Also what did you order?

Cushies, and as of now, I just checked. Still nothing.

I emailed customer service (lol), but haven't heard from them either.

I have no tracking number or anything.

- - - Updated - - -

abu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.