Status
Not open for further replies.

BobJones4480

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So I’ve finally moved out to my own apartment so I can do what I like with diapers etc. however, as I’m still in college, my parents still have access to my finances as they will put money in my account for groceries etc. with that access they can see where I spend my money and are not a fan of abdl I’m the slightest. So my question is how to order discretely. I’m trying to order from rearz but they are from Canada and can’t accept visa gift cards for that reason. Does anyone have experience ordering things with money loaded onto your PayPal balance. Does your bank statement only show that you put money into PayPal or does it show up further after that. Or do y’all have any other suggestions. And how discrete is the packaging from Rearz. I just need to know the best way to order things discretely from the bank side of things and how discrete the packaging is. My apartment has a mailroom where you pick it up yourself so I don’t have to worry about roommates receiving my package.
Thanks

Reactions: Backwords
try paypal or a credit card

it doesn't show anything further for me other than that money was transferred to paypal, or that you auto payed a credit card

If you purchase through PayPal, the bank will just show "dda pur xxxx" or something where the x are a few letters corresponding to the name of the business, so it'll be really hard to tell it's from rearz.

Ereid2k19 said:
If you purchase through PayPal, the bank will just show "dda pur xxxx" or something where the x are a few letters corresponding to the name of the business, so it'll be really hard to tell it's from rearz.
I’m specifically talking about doing it through a loaded balance on PayPal

For Rearz try https://cooshietooshiez.com/ they are an authorized reseller and based in the US. They also take pre-paid debt cards that you can get from stores like Walmart and target.

Reactions: Backwords and jasonbutsmall
I have my own credit card at college so they can’t see it. But I’d recommend getting a Visa gift card as the charge would likely say “Walgreens” or “gift card”. As for shipping I try to use amazon hubs for pickup if I use that site. I have roommates and this greatly helps for shipping. For more discreet shipping ideas a PO Box can be as low as $19 for 3 months.

I get it! The big question is how your existing account is being funded? If you mostly fund this account through your own deposits you have a lot more leverage than you think. If this is an account that Mom and Dad fund and want to track everything you spend money on it is a whole different ballgame. I'm going to assume that at least some of the money is from your own deposits, an amount that when you withdraw from an ATM your parents don't ask questions.

Here are some thoughts and ideas:

1) Yeah prepaid cards suck and Paypal still has to be funded. Are your parents going to care that you are funding a Paypal account? Would they question $50-$100 being withdrawn from an ATM? You can put that money on an Amazon GC, that is one prepaid card you can use and I think Amazon sells Rearz. You can tell some white lie that you got an Amazon offer on campus during move-in week and they gave you bonus points or an extra gift card and that you are using it to buy something on Amazon for your apartment. Not sure how clever your Parents are.

2) If you have incoming deposits at the moment consider splitting them 50/50 between the existing account and a new account. Perhaps there is a bomb ass credit union on campus that will give you a free student checking account, maybe a $50 bonus and explain to your parents you are just taking advantage of a bonus or an opportunity to become financially independent.

3) If you have lots of leverage (say you are the primary funder of the account and the only reason your parents have access to your online banking statements is so they can deposit money for gas and groceries or pay a phone bill) then suggest that you would like these bills to go on a credit card. Whether it is one they authorize you to use, co-sign for, or you individually get on your own. Explain they can help you build credit on responsible purchases and neccessities. Relinquish them off your checking account or move your money to the bank on campus or a credit union. Pitch your folks on the fact that your becoming financially savy.

Bottomline, don't think that you need to be glued to a checking account that your parents got you at age 16.

Reactions: KittyMerriweather, Backwords and TheBigHamm
BlizzardKid said:
I get it! The big question is how your existing account is being funded? If you mostly fund this account through your own deposits you have a lot more leverage than you think. If this is an account that Mom and Dad fund and want to track everything you spend money on it is a whole different ballgame. I'm going to assume that at least some of the money is from your own deposits, an amount that when you withdraw from an ATM your parents don't ask questions.

Here are some thoughts and ideas:

1) Yeah prepaid cards suck and Paypal still has to be funded. Are your parents going to care that you are funding a Paypal account? Would they question $50-$100 being withdrawn from an ATM? You can put that money on an Amazon GC, that is one prepaid card you can use and I think Amazon sells Rearz. You can tell some white lie that you got an Amazon offer on campus during move-in week and they gave you bonus points or an extra gift card and that you are using it to buy something on Amazon for your apartment. Not sure how clever your Parents are.

2) If you have incoming deposits at the moment consider splitting them 50/50 between the existing account and a new account. Perhaps there is a bomb ass credit union on campus that will give you a free student checking account, maybe a $50 bonus and explain to your parents you are just taking advantage of a bonus or an opportunity to become financially independent.

3) If you have lots of leverage (say you are the primary funder of the account and the only reason your parents have access to your online banking statements is so they can deposit money for gas and groceries or pay a phone bill) then suggest that you would like these bills to go on a credit card. Whether it is one they authorize you to use, co-sign for, or you individually get on your own. Explain they can help you build credit on responsible purchases and neccessities. Relinquish them off your checking account or move your money to the bank on campus or a credit union. Pitch your folks on the fact that your becoming financially savy.

Bottomline, don't think that you need to be glued to a checking account that your parents got you at age 16.
I am the primary. I work and get direct deposit. They only just reimburse certain expenditures

BobJones4480 said:
I am the primary. I work and get direct deposit. They only just reimburse certain expenditures

Oh you are golden then. Just buy the Amazon GC at a Walgreens or CVS.

What I did in college was open a bank account in the city I went to college in at a local bank. No one knew the account existed except for me. I would fund it with small cash deposits, $20 or whatever at a time. It had its own debit card so I could do whatever I needed from that account and it was invisible to anyone else.

Reactions: BlizzardKid
Abu and tykables accepts money orders. You order online, select the money order payment form, print invoice then send them money order. Then they ship to you or you can have shipped to a Walgreens or fedex location for you to pick up.

Either preloaded on PayPal or open up a separate bank account problem solved

Amazon gift cards

I grew up when there was no discreet shipping in my college years ('05-'10). Billing was the least of my concerns. It was my roommates opening up the box thinking that I ordered us a Margarita Blender.

Maybe buy a prepaid visa card to use for purchases..

BobJones4480 said:
my parents still have access to my finances as they will put money in my account for groceries etc. with that access they can see where I spend my money

I’m trying to order from rearz but they are from Canada and can’t accept visa gift cards for that reason.
BobJones4480 said:

1) Certain gift cards can be used for "international" purchases (anything billed outside the US). You just have to look on the back of the gift card package.
I have successfully used them before to pay for an online game that is outside of the US.
To further save you a few dollars, you can also get and use a refillable "gift" card.

2) If you are the primary account holder & all your parents do is deposit funds then they should not have access to the account statements.
Unless of course they are either secondary on the account or they have the login information, which they do not need to transfer funds into it.
If any of this is true, then see #1 above :)

3) If you transfer funds to your paypal acct (which I assume is yours alone) then all that will show in the bank account is the transfer.
Once the funds are in your paypal account, any transactions there can not/will not be visible through your original bank account.

4) If you order through Amazon, most times, but not always, you will see on the right something like "this package shows whats inside" during check out and there will be an option for it to be packaged inside a plain amazon box. Seems most AB/DL companies also sell on there as well.

Last edited:
Try downloading Cash app or Venmo, and sending some money over to that card for transactions you’re hiding. this is what I use :p

Most Walmarts and other grocery stores sell PayPal gift cards, use cash to buy them, you will have to pay a activation fee and I believe you just enter a code on the back and it loads money onto your PayPal

When you transfer Money to Paypal, the Bank account just says xx$ has been transfered to Paypal.
If you then spend the money with Paypal, it will only show up on your Paypal account. Unless your Parents also have access to your
Paypal, you should be Safe.
I do all my discreet purchases only with Paypal. Even when Paypal pulls the Money from my Bank Account, it only shows the amount.
Not what you have paid for and not the Site where you paid something on.
But I live in the EU, might be something different over in US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back