Ordered Diapers for the first time, and still a little freaked out :')

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legolas

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
Since I was about 9 I've had an interest in our favorite happy pants. This interest eventually grew into a fetish and finally crescendoed into me sitting down and actually ordering for the first time in my life. While part of me is glad that I finally just got it over with, I guess I subconsciously dreaded the day when it would finally happen :sweatdrop:

It's strange because I really have nothing to worry about realistically. My girlfriend and I are in a very healthy loving relationship, in which she has vocalized interest in participating in ABDL/Babyfur activities with me. Beyond that, my folks and I have a very strong understanding of privacy, and will not check my mail or burst in on me while changing myself for the first time!

I made the decision that I had made myself wait long enough and would do this for myself, if for no other reason. I splurged on a bag of ABU Space with Babyfresh scent specifically because I want to be able to fall in love with diapers from the very first moment, and they were recommended the most from my friends! I briefly chatted with ABU on Twitter, voicing how nervous I was towards ordering, and they did a wonderful job of talking it out with me. :hug: I've never really been spoken to in a "little" sense, where the other person treated me like I was actually young in a very loving way, not demeaning!

I guess out of everything, I think I'm just nervous because I'm still not over the shame of being in diapers? It's one of those things that just hard wired into us, to look at an adult wearing diapers and say "look at that freak!" :sad:

I really REALLY want to get into it, and I know I will as soon as I get myself all taped up, but do you all have any advice?

Thanks for reading my massive text-wall of a post! You're all beautiful :grouphug:

~Legolas

Ahh I remember the first time I ordered online as well. I was nervous as well. If you were worried about someone opening your package I would redirect it to a local ups or fedex office for pick up. That's what I have always done and never had issues. But that doesn't sound like its an issue for you.

I completely understand the shame you feel about diapers. I still feel that way occasionally even though I feel I've accepted this part of who I am. Only advice that I can give you there is to remind yourself that there is nothing wrong with wearing diapers. For alot of us I truly believe its hardwired in our brain. We don't choose to be this way anymore than someone chooses to be gay. It's just part of who we are. So there is no reason to feel ashamed of it. :3

Legolas,

I am so excited for you - I am! You get to start out with an incredible diaper (the ABU Space). I'm certain you will fall in love with it. I started with store bought Depends for my first. Still loved the experience, but what a sucky diaper.

As far as the shame part goes, well yeah it's a pretty common reaction. Just try to put things into perspective. Youre not hurting anyone. Youre not hurting yourself. Unlike a tattoo, you can take it off. People do FAR more embarrassing and shameful things in the privacy of their own rooms.

Anyway, enjoy your first experience.

Congrats Legolas, no advice to give sorry but just know you are accepted here and it is wonderful you are being you.

I am going to try the Space ABUs next as well and don't think you could have picked a better starter to fall in love with!

Congrats as well. I think once you put one on, things will take care of themselves. And the more you do it, the less guilt there will be, hopefully. It took me quite a while, especially when I was younger, but the drive and want always took precedence over the guilt. And think about it. How lucky you are to having an accepting girlfriend and accepting or non snooping parents.

I know exactly how you feel, in most regards. It was less than 2 weeks ago that I ordered my first sample pack of adult diapers, and I was freaking out up down and sideways about it. Although, in my situation I DO have parents (whom I still live with) that are a little bit invasive at times, as well as a father who is relatively conservative in his views on the world. This left me extra worried about the whole ordeal.

While I have yet to actually be open about my desire to wear adult diapers with my immediate family, with whom I live, I know it's going to have to happen eventually, and it terrifies me. I have no idea what the reactions are going to be, and not knowing is the worst of all.

You are very lucky to have a significant other who accepts you and your desires to wear diapers, let alone one that is willing to indulge with you! I personally have someone to whom I am very, VERY close, and love dearly, but who lives much further away than I would like. Luckily, I have told him about my diaper-loving side already, and he seems to be fine with it, which is a big weight off my shoulders. I hope someday we can finally be living together!

Anyways, speaking of big weights being lifted, and as for the "shame" feeling, I personally felt a WHOLE lot better when I finally put on my first adult diaper less than a week ago. I was afraid I would suddenly feel stupid, silly, ashamed, etc. once I got into a diaper, but it was just the opposite. All my anxiety about whether I would be terribly wrong about my desire to wear melted away, along with a good portion of my doubts about being accepted by my family when I finally decide to be open about it with them. Feeling comfortable with yourself is definitely the first, and most important, step you can take towards taking on such a lifestyle change.

Bah, I'm rambling now! I need to get to bed...

But I hope everything goes well for you, and I hope you enjoy your first diapers! I myself just ordered some samples of ABU Space to try out, and see how they compare to the Bellissimo samples I just got done with. I'm excited, for both of us! :3

paddedtiger89 said:
I know exactly how you feel, in most regards. It was less than 2 weeks ago that I ordered my first sample pack of adult diapers, and I was freaking out up down and sideways about it. Although, in my situation I DO have parents (whom I still live with) that are a little bit invasive at times, as well as a father who is relatively conservative in his views on the world. This left me extra worried about the whole ordeal.

While I have yet to actually be open about my desire to wear adult diapers with my immediate family, with whom I live, I know it's going to have to happen eventually, and it terrifies me. I have no idea what the reactions are going to be, and not knowing is the worst of all.

You are very lucky to have a significant other who accepts you and your desires to wear diapers, let alone one that is willing to indulge with you! I personally have someone to whom I am very, VERY close, and love dearly, but who lives much further away than I would like. Luckily, I have told him about my diaper-loving side already, and he seems to be fine with it, which is a big weight off my shoulders. I hope someday we can finally be living together!

Anyways, speaking of big weights being lifted, and as for the "shame" feeling, I personally felt a WHOLE lot better when I finally put on my first adult diaper less than a week ago. I was afraid I would suddenly feel stupid, silly, ashamed, etc. once I got into a diaper, but it was just the opposite. All my anxiety about whether I would be terribly wrong about my desire to wear melted away, along with a good portion of my doubts about being accepted by my family when I finally decide to be open about it with them. Feeling comfortable with yourself is definitely the first, and most important, step you can take towards taking on such a lifestyle change.

Bah, I'm rambling now! I need to get to bed...

But I hope everything goes well for you, and I hope you enjoy your first diapers! I myself just ordered some samples of ABU Space to try out, and see how they compare to the Bellissimo samples I just got done with. I'm excited, for both of us! :3

That's super exciting! Glad to hear I'm not the only noob here XD For real though, I hope things work out in your favor. I have a feeling they will ;)

To everyone else, thank you so much for the support, it really means the world to me. I took a long hiatus from the forum, and I'm so glad to see that everyone is just as welcoming and wonderful as before I left <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back