Opinions on Huggies Drynites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnonTDL

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm thinking of buying some today but what are your opinions on them and does anyine know the waist size?

TheAnonTDL said:
I'm thinking of buying some today but what are your opinions on them and does anyine know the waist size?

i binge bought a bunch of those last year and wasn't impressed. they barely hold anything and leak really really fast. you'd be better off buying real diapers. also, if you're a guy they'll work even worse because man parts really get in the way with those. but you wouldn't lose a lot of money if you bought one bag to try them out

Waist size isn't really an issue with these. The elastic is insane! I have a 38" waist and 44" hips, and they pull right on (they ride low, of course, landing mainly on my hips). The big trouble, as cuddlekitty46 mentioned, is the lack of space. Or, more precisely in my case, the narrow crotch of the diaper. It's so narrow that a guy's guy-parts really challenge the leak guards to stay tight to the skin. Some of us can just get away with it. Some others--like me, unfortunately--will have major leaks almost immediately upon starting to wet. They just don't work!*

(*TMI: I've found that if I shave my hair completely off down there, I can get away with using these. But I generally don't go that far with my trimming.)

I have a 28" waist and they work very fine on me and I have enough room :)

With boy parts and a 34" waist I find these fit, and work very well for whatever you want to do in them~ Just don't flood them if they are already wet.

I wear L/XL size.

Cheers everyone. I don't intend on messing them atm as these will be my first diapers. I didn't get them today as again I couldn't find the courage to do so but hopefully will do soon.

I find they work well, they hardly leak maybe because I am small in size, I like the designs and they absorb 2 wettings

Cottontail said:
Waist size isn't really an issue with these. The elastic is insane! I have a 38" waist and 44" hips, and they pull right on (they ride low, of course, landing mainly on my hips). The big trouble, as cuddlekitty46 mentioned, is the lack of space. Or, more precisely in my case, the narrow crotch of the diaper. It's so narrow that a guy's guy-parts really challenge the leak guards to stay tight to the skin. Some of us can just get away with it. Some others--like me, unfortunately--will have major leaks almost immediately upon starting to wet. They just don't work!*

(*TMI: I've found that if I shave my hair completely off down there, I can get away with using these. But I generally don't go that far with my trimming.)

I find that the girl ones work better for me. there cute *blushes*

DrunkBear said:
I find that the girl ones work better for me. there cute *blushes*

Yeah, that's the only kind I ever bother with. But, for me, it's not a matter of function (neither works well for me). Rather, I've always preferred babyish diapers, and the camo/ninja/sports-type themes on the boy pull-ups are just totally the opposite of that! The girl themes are way more "little", IMO.

Given that baby diapers have been unisex for so long, I was a bit skeptical when male members here mentioned that girls' GoodNites worked better for them. Given that the L/XL GoodNites are aimed, in part, at pubescent teens, one would sort of expect the boys' version to have a bit more room up front for boy-bits, but nope! Both versions are sized and cut exactly the same. I did finally hold them up to a bright light side-by-side, however, and I confirmed that the padding in the boys' version is more toward the front. So! I can believe that the two function differently as far as absorbency goes, and I'm not surprised that the girls' version would be better for certain ABDL uses. If, as I do, you mostly wet while upright, then gravity is going to take your wetness right to where the all of the absorbency is in the girls' version: In the crotch area. If, on the other hand, you actually use these for bedwetting--no flooding, lying down--then I'd expect the boys' version to work best for boys and the girls' version to work best for girls. I'd be interested to hear more experiences, though!

Cottontail said:
I did finally hold them up to a bright light side-by-side, however, and I confirmed that the padding in the boys' version is more toward the front. So! I can believe that the two function differently as far as absorbency goes, and I'm not surprised that the girls' version would be better for certain ABDL uses. If, as I do, you mostly wet while upright, then gravity is going to take your wetness right to where the all of the absorbency is in the girls' version: In the crotch area. If, on the other hand, you actually use these for bedwetting--no flooding, lying down--then I'd expect the boys' version to work best for boys and the girls' version to work best for girls. I'd be interested to hear more experiences, though!

Depends on where you point I suppose.

They used to be perfect, however I now find that as soon as they start bulking out when getting wet, it causes them them to pull away from my skin therefore causing them to leak

bambinod said:
Depends on where you point I suppose.
I've wondered, but then as neither version works well on me, it's tough to tell the difference. When in baby/youth diapers, I do generally point up and go slowly, as that seems certain to make better use of any frontal absorbency than pointing down would.

The drynites are pretty nice honestly. They still have that signature cozy feel that most diapers have, and the best part is they don't lose that when being wet

Oh I really love drynites for their snug really comfy fit and how squishy they go when completely soaked!!!!

The cloth-like cover can be carefully peeled off but the actual plastic underneath is rather thin and somewhat fragile though.

they don't hold much but they are amazing in every other way absolutely loved them when I tried them they felt super comfortable and fpelt like real pants and and the seat felt realy nice I was so excited that I was up most of the night

yurguardianangel said:
The cloth-like cover can be carefully peeled off but the actual plastic underneath is rather thin and somewhat fragile though.

I've found that it can tear the plastic moisture barrier. Using a hair dryer or heater fan blowing on the outer cover as you remove it can help loosen the glue so it has less chance of tearing the plastic barrier.

If you are talking about the 8-15 years then they fit me as a guy alright heck even the 4-7 years fit OK. I have a pretty small waist though like less than 30" maybe around 28? can't remember exactly but they don't hold heaps. One wetting and you're good (at least for me) much more than that and you will realize that the seat of your pants are wet because the pee has gone out the side. They can hold a lot for what they are but what they are isn't really a lot. I try to get then when they are on special at $10 and I almost always buy the girl ones. A) because they are cuter especially the 4-7 Frozen drynites and B) because I think they do work better as the core that absorbs the most are down between your legs with the girls not near the top of the nappy like with the boys.

Cottontail said:
Waist size isn't really an issue with these. The elastic is insane! I have a 38" waist and 44" hips, and they pull right on (they ride low, of course, landing mainly on my hips). The big trouble, as cuddlekitty46 mentioned, is the lack of space. Or, more precisely in my case, the narrow crotch of the diaper. It's so narrow that a guy's guy-parts really challenge the leak guards to stay tight to the skin. Some of us can just get away with it. Some others--like me, unfortunately--will have major leaks almost immediately upon starting to wet. They just don't work!

but you have to consider that they made them for 8-15 year olds they have a smaller body than us they wasn't made for adults like us be cool if they did tho in my case I love them in any other way they felt amazing I absolutely love them

If you've never worn before and are thinking of wearing g these make a greater "starter diaper". They're the only diapers I've ever worn due to my living situation, and I find they work quite Well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back