Opening up to my wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

babybod95

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi 👋🏻 recently I opened up to my wife about my love of diapers and wearing them unknown to her, she has been fantastic and very supportive and understanding of my DL we sat and had a really long chat about it showing her my diapers and I’m so happy to have a supportive partner in life. I’m not interested in AB well not yet anyway 🤣 has anyone else found the same with there life partner

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 62443, Lumos, DPLuvAB and 11 others
Nope, my wife was the exact opposite. Not supportive at all and wishes it would go away.

• Sad
Reactions: Nervosa, tam1623, Jk95 and 2 others
PaddedInHaslet said:
Nope, my wife was the exact opposite. Not supportive at all and wishes it would go away.
That’s a real shame she cannot support you and your wishes, where as mine said just don’t ask me to wear 1 !

Congratulations. I'm so pleased it has gone well for you. It's an amazing feeling to finally be able to share it with your wife. I opened up myself 2 weeks ago today and we've been talking things through and I've been helping her understand the various intricacies of being a abdl, how everyone falls into a certain place within the spectrum and where I place myself within that spectrum (Mostly DL) and what that means to me and her.

It's gone really well so far and I think we're really close to her being comfortable for me to wear for the first time around her.

I carried my secret and never shared it with anyone during my 42 year existence so it was quite a challenge to finally come out but it's the best thing I did.

Something I never saw coming was the ultimate level of intimacy that came once I shared this with her. We were already really close but since sharing this side with her it's taken our intimacy to a completely different level.

Well done for getting the courage to tell your wife. It's so bloody scary. I'd love to hear how you get on in the coming weeks.

• Love
Reactions: DPLuvAB, tam1623, littlemoosey and 6 others
Aww cheers yeh it so much better than I was expecting too I was shiting myself before I spoke to her about it which I knew I shouldn’t of been as I knew deep down she would be ok with it but it’s that fear of the unknown but very much like yourself we had very much similar conversations all about it and me wishes and desires. Yeh I’m certainly keep everyone updated how we get on with it 😁

Reactions: Subtlerustle and ItsTimmyTime
babybod95 said:
Hi 👋🏻 recently I opened up to my wife about my love of diapers and wearing them unknown to her, she has been fantastic and very supportive and understanding of my DL we sat and had a really long chat about it showing her my diapers and I’m so happy to have a supportive partner in life. I’m not interested in AB well not yet anyway 🤣 has anyone else found the same with there life partner
I’m very happy for you, I told my wife about 3 months ago, the first week was hell, I thought I’d ruined 30 years of marriage, but once she had thought it through, we had another good talk about it, she realised I really wasn’t hurting anyone or doing anything wrong, she’s been brilliant. she wants nothing to do with nappies. I’m not into AB either, I just love wearing nappies, good luck 😁👍🏻

Reactions: Forced and babybod95
PaddedInHaslet said:
Sorry to read about your situation, it is difficult for some to understand how we feel. I hope things change for the best for you 👍🏻

babybod95 said:
Aww cheers yeh it so much better than I was expecting too I was shiting myself before I spoke to her about it which I knew I shouldn’t of been as I knew deep down she would be ok with it but it’s that fear of the unknown but very much like yourself we had very much similar conversations all about it and me wishes and desires. Yeh I’m certainly keep everyone updated how we get on with it 😁
That's the thing isn't it. We know our wives best so only we can kind of gauge how they're likely to react however there's always going to be that element of doubt.

I don't know about you but I did a lot of work on myself before coming out to her. Learning about self acceptance and finally ridding myself of any shame or embarrassment before moving on to finding the best way to explain this to her.

I think I had to learn more about my abdl myself so I could actually explain things better to help her understand.

It's an exciting road ahead now. I can't believe the point we're at now, it's beyond my wildest dreams. I could never have imagined sharing this with anyone, ever! But after 12 years of marriage I came to the realisation that this will always be a part of me and I couldn't carry on going through life pretending that it wasn't.

Now my wife and I get to explore this new journey together, and were both looking forward to what may follow 😊

I wish you both all the best in your exploration going forwards 🙏🙏

Reactions: tam1623, dogboy, Subtlerustle and 1 other person
warmfeeling said:
I’m very happy for you, I told my wife about 3 months ago, the first week was hell, I thought I’d ruined 30 years of marriage, but once she had thought it through, we had another good talk about it, she realised I really wasn’t hurting anyone or doing anything wrong, she’s been brilliant. she wants nothing to do with nappies. I’m not into AB either, I just love wearing nappies, good luck 😁👍🏻
Yep I’m right with you 👍

Reactions: warmfeeling
babybod95 said:

Glad it turned out well for you.
Briefly, as I’ve told my story many times here, wife of 20+ years found a used disposable, I had to come clean and after a time she became my (very good) caretaker.
We split sometime after, due to me not being able to keep my dick in my pants and falling in love with someone else 🙄

Reactions: tam1623 and warmfeeling
It went extremely well for me. She won’t wear or change me but has no problem with me wearing. Now she is more surprised when i am not diapered than when i am. She really enjoys giving my padded bum a pat or two when we are out in public. Every now and then she will help relieve some tension when i am thoroughly soaked.

Reactions: warmfeeling and BabyBeeGee
It must be the hardest thing telling a partner. I respect everybody who has done this!

I'm on my 24/7 journey and even telling friends is hard. I'm making for effect with wearing think, crinkly nappies in front of them and not being bothered with wearing. This will cement my diaper dependency.

Last edited:
Reactions: warmfeeling and babybod95
I opened up to my wife a few months back (a bottle wine helped) and while a little confused as to what her role was in all of this she was so happy I felt able to share this with her. Now, she is happy to include this part of me into our life, if only in the safety of our bedroom. But, the AB side of me is cared for, changed when wet, bottle fed and nurtured.
I'm genuinely so lucky, and I know it. She even asked if I wanted her to find out more herself about it so she would understand what I needed from her.
Definitely a keeper and a carer.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 66727, ItsTimmyTime, littlemoosey and 4 others
bobbilly said:
It must be the hardest thing telling a partner. I respect everybody who has done this!

I'm on my 24/7 journey and even telling friends is hard. I'm making for effect with wearing think, crinkly nappies in front of them and not being bothered with wearing. This will cement my diaper dependency.
It’s not easy but I can imagine telling friends can be just as hard as they could judge in the wrong way but by sounds of it you have good friends

Reactions: BabyBeeGee and bobbilly
Congratulations babybod. It really does take courage. I shared my secrets with my lady before we got married and 40+ years later we're still together and incredibly happy. But like you, I was absolutely terrified of rejection but figured that I couldn't hide such a fundamental part of who I am from her. But I'm acutely aware of just how fortunate I am. Many folks have partners who just can't handle it, despite the fact that everyone has a secret or two or has a passion that's not mainstream. My heart goes out to those still in the closet so to speak.

• Love
Reactions: warmfeeling and babybod95
babybod95 said:
It’s not easy but I can imagine telling friends can be just as hard as they could judge in the wrong way but by sounds of it you have good friends
My friends live in the group home I live in too. I'm 37 but need support for mental health disabilities. The other people here have intellectual disabilities and autism so makes wearing easy.

Reactions: warmfeeling, babybod95 and BabyBeeGee
bobbilly said:
My friends live in the group home I live in too. I'm 37 but need support for mental health disabilities. The other people here have intellectual disabilities and autism so makes wearing

Sounds like you have great support from friends when you need it then 👍😁

Reactions: warmfeeling
I tould the wife about my DL side a little over a year ago and it has been fantastic. I can wear anytime. It can stay on during naughty time, she has even tried it twice out of curiosity. She is now a member of this site and tould me the other day she wished I had a little bit of the AB side so she can interact a bit more with it. She has been amazing.

• Love
Reactions: ABDLlover, babybod95, Deleted member 60371 and 4 others
PaddedInHaslet said:
That's the response I expect. Not looking forward to it. Actually I expect it to go much worse. Much, much worse.

• Sad
Reactions: babybod95 and chamberpot
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back