Status
Not open for further replies.

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
What is the purpose of online users if it only takes back to 2013? I always look at it to see who is online and I have friends who are online but shows they were last online 4 weeks ago, 10 months ago, etc...That system can be confusing if you click on someone and turns out they really are not online.

I'm talking about the currently active users at the bottom ADISC menu page.

Last edited:

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
They are really online, but they're using Tapatalk, which doesn't update the last online status of their profile.

mazdasarefun85, for example, shows as online on the homepage, but their profile shows them as last online in July.
I checked in the database, and they have a login session active within the last hour, using Tapatalk, so it is the profile last login time that's wrong - not the list on the homepage.

Also, the "most users online ever was" text just tells you the date/time when the most users were ever online.
The display of users under that is the list of people currently online, having nothing to do with that date/time.

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
But when I used tapatalk before in the past it reset my online status before when I went back to my computer. Does each device vary and differ from online progress?

oreocookie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
But when I used tapatalk before in the past it reset my online status before when I went back to my computer. Does each device vary and differ from online progress?

The key there is when I went back to my computer

If someone uses ADISC (or any vBulletin community actually) primarily via the Tapatalk app that field rarely gets updated. It's actually an annoying flaw in the plugin itself. I used to host a vBulletin board with the plugin and it drove people nuts that one guy showed as only logged in once on the day the plugin was activated despite making thousands of posts via the app after that date. It confused the crap out of them :)

I think I still have the patches I wrote for the plugin running around somewhere that I made after I got tired of people commenting on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.