One step closer -or- Orchiectomy

NinaAlex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I've recently (12th of August) had an orchiectomy.

The surgery itself wasn't long, I was awake an hour later, and while pain was quite bad the first day, it got much better by evening.
The next day, pain was minimal and easily managed with OTC meds.

I had some smaller issues wearing diapers, since I didn't want the fresh scars in contact with the urine, so I used waterproof sticky bandages over them, which worked really well.
About a week later everything had healed enough to stop using those, and now, 2½ weeks later I barely even remember what it was like having those two organs that I never wanted.

This has resulted in what I had hoped for, because it allowed me to stop my antiandrogen (cyproterone acetate), which I had suspected to play a big part in my depression, and being off the stuff for three weeks now, that suspicion had been shown to be correct. My depression is just more or less gone. I still have a low mood here or there, but it doesn't last.

I'm really happy with the results. Much better, not perfect, but the waiting list for that step is very long, and I can see myself waiting now, where before, it seemed like an impossible time to wait for.

Reactions: Legoboi, PrincessRaccoon, Happy2BeInNappies2 and 10 others
I also had the experience that I felt much better after orchiectomy without the T blockers. They are doing so much more than just blocking T production.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I would love to have a orchiectomy

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, KittyninjaW and rbm
NinaAlex said:

The surgery itself wasn't long, I was awake an hour later, and while pain was quite bad the first day, it got much better by evening.

I had some smaller issues wearing diapers, since I didn't want the fresh scars in contact with the urine, so I used waterproof sticky bandages over them, which worked really well.
About a week later everything had healed enough to stop using those, and now, 2½ weeks later I barely even remember what it was like having those two organs that I never wanted.

This has resulted in what I had hoped for, because it allowed me to stop my antiandrogen (cyproterone acetate), which I had suspected to play a big part in my depression, and being off the stuff for three weeks now, that suspicion had been shown to be correct. My depression is just more or less gone. I still have a low mood here or there, but it doesn't last.

I'm really happy with the results. Much better, not perfect, but the waiting list for that step is very long, and I can see myself waiting now, where before, it seemed like an impossible time to wait for.
I'm so happy for you NinaAlex, and you do not have to be 'perfect' to be happy.

diddly said:
you do not have to be 'perfect' to be happy
With not perfect I meant that there is still a part of my body that simply doesn't feel like it's supposed to be there.
The Orchi fixed the other parts that are not supposed to be there, but I'll likely have to wait at least 1½-2y, after fighting my insurance to approve the surgery, to get that last problem fixed.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, autinico and rbm
NinaAlex said:
With not perfect I meant that there is still a part of my body that simply doesn't feel like it's supposed to be there.
The Orchi fixed the other parts that are not supposed to be there, but I'll likely have to wait at least 1½-2y, after fighting my insurance to approve the surgery, to get that last problem fixed.

That’s a long wait, but you are one step closer now so hang in there and the time will soon pass, and when you wake up after the surgery 🙂

I didn't have my orchiectomy yet. My parents wants me to be a full girl with a vagina, especially my Mom, but she doesn't know what the risks are.

Reactions: BabyBobbie and rbm
Forgive my ignorance, after the berries are gone, what happens to the twig?

NewAdultBaby4 said:
Forgive my ignorance, after the berries are gone, what happens to the twig?
Not much but without T it can shrink a bit.

Ursula234 said:
I didn't have my orchiectomy yet. My parents wants me to be a full girl with a vagina, especially my Mom, but she doesn't know what the risks are.
Thats your choice alone

Reactions: rbm and GatoChihuahua
NinaAlex said:

im so happy for you ive wanted mine gone since i was 25 good luck and enjoy

I have thought about having an orchiectomy for years and even complete nullification but I doubt I will ever be brave enough. Perhaps if I had a full time Mummy to look after me? I have to admit it greatly appeals but the reality might be differnt.

Reactions: rbm and autinico
PansyPetal said:
I have thought about having an orchiectomy for years and even complete nullification but I doubt I will ever be brave enough. Perhaps if I had a full time Mummy to look after me? I have to admit it greatly appeals but the reality might be differnt.
There are a lot of things that go along with orchiectomy. I had a bilateral orchiectomy close to fifteen years ago now (for medical reasons, not as part of transitioning).

For transgender (MtF), it seems to be a big step forward, they are losing the organs that produce testosterone and create many of the secondary male characteristics. They no longer need to take testosterone blockers and need less feminizing hormones. Tucking becomes easier, underwear can fit better without the testicles.

For someone who is male and not looking to transition, it can cause a host of medical issues. The lack of hormones in your system can contribute to weight gain, depression, a loss of muscle mass, lower sex drive, lower energy levels (to the point of falling asleep midday), and loss of bone density. I know because I had my testicles stop producing T in my late 30's and I went through a lot of these issues. From there, a bad reaction to binding agents used with replacement T therapy caused severe orchialgia which led to my orchiectomy.

Fortunately I was done having children and wasn't that broken up over the loss of them, it didn't define me as who I was as a person. Maybe some of that stemmed from my younger crossdressing days when I found people would treat you based on how you presented yourself and the type of person you were overall.

Do not go actively seeking orchiectomy unless you have fully researched the effects of it. For the trans community, undergoing orchiectomy is less of an issue as the hormone therapy used in transition helps avoid the problems of no hormones, but for someone who doesn't take that therapy there can be plenty of issues.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua, Constantlydamp and rbm
AnalogRTO said:
There are a lot of things that go along with orchiectomy. I had a bilateral orchiectomy close to fifteen years ago now (for medical reasons, not as part of transitioning).

For transgender (MtF), it seems to be a big step forward, they are losing the organs that produce testosterone and create many of the secondary male characteristics. They no longer need to take testosterone blockers and need less feminizing hormones. Tucking becomes easier, underwear can fit better without the testicles.

For someone who is male and not looking to transition, it can cause a host of medical issues. The lack of hormones in your system can contribute to weight gain, depression, a loss of muscle mass, lower sex drive, lower energy levels (to the point of falling asleep midday), and loss of bone density. I know because I had my testicles stop producing T in my late 30's and I went through a lot of these issues. From there, a bad reaction to binding agents used with replacement T therapy caused severe orchialgia which led to my orchiectomy.

Fortunately I was done having children and wasn't that broken up over the loss of them, it didn't define me as who I was as a person. Maybe some of that stemmed from my younger crossdressing days when I found people would treat you based on how you presented yourself and the type of person you were overall.

Do not go actively seeking orchiectomy unless you have fully researched the effects of it. For the trans community, undergoing orchiectomy is less of an issue as the hormone therapy used in transition helps avoid the problems of no hormones, but for someone who doesn't take that therapy there can be plenty of issues.
Thank you for your informative comment. To be honest I cannot see myself ever taking this step for the reasons you so clearly explain.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua
Girll jealous. I've been wanting an orchi for so long. Spironolactone has been terrible for my health

I am also very happy with my orchi, done in 2017
Before that ive been using also many many years cyproterone
Personal i didnt notice any diffrenece between cyproterone and orchiectomy

Back