one of the worst mistakes i ever made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo2500

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
well, i guess that the worst mistake of my life is now I'm addicted to Cigarettes
now. that was pretty stupid of me to.

Mysterious

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Well, there are ways to get off of them, just, it wont be easy, that's for sure. Good luck at stopping if you plan to.

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
or stop worrying about it...

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
There is only 1 way to get off them, that I can attest to, on your next smoke notice the time, wait at least 20 min, (or longer if you can) untill the next.

Keep increasing the time in between cigs. you should be able to get off them in a few weeks or less, didn't work for me on the first try, had one cig and gave it another go.

That was more years ago than I care to remember, and I still haven't had one since.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Been there done that. Twice! I quit at 24 then a girl got me started again at 36. After George Harrison went I quit again at age 40. Tips, avoid Marlborough products as they boost the nicotine. Smoke a brand you don’t like. Every time you go to light one up convince yourself to “skip this one” and wait till the next one to light up. After a time you’ll get down to 4 or 5 a day. That’s cold turkey time.

Good Luck!

Nam

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
What convinced you to start? If I may ask.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I quit cold turkey. I went through a Spring, pollen and all, and couldn't stop coughing. I got mad at myself for smoking, so I crushed my pack of Marboro's, threw them away, and never looked back. I still have dreams, though, where I'm with friends and I'm smoking. How weird! Anyway, if you really want to quit, you will.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
there's always something to do in place of it. just get creative. i don't know if its true, but it seems like people in mass smoke more than elsewhere.
also, your mind has more power over your body. just believe you can do it and try relieving stress (or whatever reason why you smoke) in an alternative manner.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Well... the good thing is now there are more ways to quit than ever. There are even stop smoking hotlines so you can call in and talk to someone if you need help.

Considering you are underage... I would seriously tell your parents. They might get angry at first... but they can help you quit.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I've went cold turkey twice. Three days - that's all you need to get over the physical addiction, after that it's all mental.

Sleep, find stuff to do, hang out with people that don't know you smoke.

If you want to gradually stop, then break habits. I smoke in my room, I forced myself to go downstairs... I had one when I woke up, I waited an hour. Thats the toughie part, lets say you have a smoke before you go to bed, not reaching for it is hard.

You can do it if you try.

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
You should ask yourself first :

Do I REALLY want to quit?

Because, in all decency, if you ask most smokers who are trying to, their answer usually is ''No, I'm doing it for the family/(something else)''

[Well, unless one is pregnant or has a child under 6yrs at home]

If your not quitting for your own self, then it's not worth quitting for anyone else.

However, if you really do want to, for your own health, then thats a good start.

My tip if to cut it cold turkey directly for 3 days. If you can survive 3 days, you can survive for a long time, trust me.

On the other hand, if you can't manage that, take to roll ups. They take longer time (No more smoking while walking) last longer (money wise) and when your bored you might not end up rolling it up ('I'm to bored to roll up this, urghh'') When you get to 2-3 a day, drop it.

I am telling this from the experiences I've had from friends who quit. A friend of mine succesfully stopped thanks to the above technique.

Either way, I wish you the best of luck in your attempt to quit.

Leo2500

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
i finally quit!!!!!!!!!! :) i got help from my girlfriend ( i owe her so much for this )

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Sure there is, Pojo.

The moment you make the choice, You've quit. However, to say you are not addicted and smoke-free may take a while.

Just to let everyone know too... I have been cutting back and went cold turkey, started again and I've been going up and up. I got something called "Champix" two days ago. It has worked great, it isn't nicotine, it gets rid of the cravings and the pleasure you get from a cigaratte. Someone may want to try that... only thing is that if you don't have coverage then it is very very expensive, luckily I get it free.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Sure there is, Pojo.

The moment you make the choice, You've quit. However, to say you are not addicted and smoke-free may take a while.

Just to let everyone know too... I have been cutting back and went cold turkey, started again and I've been going up and up. I got something called "Champix" two days ago. It has worked great, it isn't nicotine, it gets rid of the cravings and the pleasure you get from a cigaratte. Someone may want to try that... only thing is that if you don't have coverage then it is very very expensive, luckily I get it free.

I consider quitting being completely done with it...Not addicted, no more smoking...Just making the choice, doesn't really seem like you've quit...I make lots of choices, but I don't consider them official until I have done them

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
i finally quit!!!!!!!!!! :) i got help from my girlfriend ( i owe her so much for this )
I hope you stay smoke-free from now on!

My mum quit cigarettes recently after many years of the habit. She didn't have any reason to (excluding the deteriating health aspect). I asked her why, she simply said she had "Got fed up of them..."

You've got my support. Using my Mother as an example no matter how long you smoke it's still very possible to break free from the addiction entirely so long as you have the will power to achieve the goals you set yourself no matter how trivial they seem.

andrew90

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I smoke on and off..

For some reason I was never addicted to it though**... prbly the gene thing

** seriously...

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
My parents smoke.

Most of my aunts and uncles smoke.

My grandpa smokes.

Some of my cousins smoke(the ones I relate with best incidentally).

I smoke.

Can you see a pattern there?

Pretty hard to quit when it runs in the family.. but I'm trying..

I hope you remain smoke-free, cause it the way to be! :D

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Smoking doesn't "run" in the family, sorry Chromos, but thats a load of Bullshit.

My mom smokes, her boyfriend smokes, every single one of my friends smoke, and all my neighbors, and I'm still able to quit.

Don't blame your habits on others, its YOUR choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.