one hundred pushups - who's with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daria7483

I've been looking to improve my upper body strength lately, and a friend recommended the one hundred pushups website. The idea is, you take an initial test and then based on the results of that test, you start off doing a few pushups spaced apart and, working on pushups three times a week, gradually build your upper body strength until you can do 100 at once.

As I am pretty weak (I can do girly pushups though) I could only do a couple and wound up in the first level. So I started today, doing four sets of two pushups each, and then three pushups for the last set. It's not time-consuming and you can take breaks between the sets, so I'm hoping I won't have much reason to procrastinate. I'm not real optimistic about my ability to make it to 100, but I figure I can at least tone my arms some.

So, anybody want to try this with me and share their progress? I find it easier to stick with these things when you know someone else is going to be asking you how it's going.

Last edited:

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Sounds cool, I'll do it.

EDIT: Column 2.

Last edited:

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Sure, I'll start on Monday and do the program on Monday, Wendsday and Friday. I can do around 12-15 so i'll be a level 3.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I'd do it, but I can already do 100 push-ups in one go.

I'll work on 200 though.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'm in Daria, and I'm level 4...not too shabby for the old man on the block, though I don't think we want to make Happy Lurker mad at us. 100 is most impressive. I've been wanting to get back into some exercising, and this might help. I wonder if there is a site like that for sit ups. I used to be able to do 50 sit ups in 3 minutes. We had to do if for gym.

By the way, two of our 3 kids went to Tech. Our son graduated in 97 or 98, can't remember, and our daughter graduated in 2001, and then taught English as a grad assistant the next two years. One of them must have been there when you went, though it's a big university. Go Hokies!

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I could give it a shot...I would suggest lifting weights a little bit too, since just pushups isn't much of a workout...

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
In the PE class at the school I was at we started off with 5 sets of 10 push ups then as the year went on we went to 10 sets of 10.

In sit-ups we did like 150 at the end of the year. For the ones who could keep up anyways. I noticed a big change even half way into the school year, I loved that class.

D

daria7483

By the way, two of our 3 kids went to Tech. Our son graduated in 97 or 98, can't remember, and our daughter graduated in 2001, and then taught English as a grad assistant the next two years. One of them must have been there when you went, though it's a big university. Go Hokies!
Sounds like your daughter was teaching English when I was there...that would've been weird if I ever ran into her, although I only took one English class and my teacher was male.

All right, you guys are obviously way stronger than I am. Tonight wasn't bad at all, Saturday will be a bit harder. I'm kind of excited about this though.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I got a bench a friend gave me its in the room me and no one else enters, the home gym room! We got a exercise bike, treadmill, the press bench and some other thing that I have no idea is. Anyways the steel bar thats used for the weights can only support like 35 pounds. I just need to get a new bar and some more weights.

Anyways I turned out to be level 3 on my test.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well they are like...$5 for like 5lb ones...And you don't have to use official weights...But I'm just saying it can help...
It's a waste of money, considering it doesn't make as many muscles work out as push-ups, and it costs money! Which I don't have!

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I could bust out 100 pushups and 100 situps pretty easily in high school... JROTC training. I dunno how many I can do now... I'll have to find out.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think I could have when I was younger, but since I retired I lost alot of strength in my chest and arms.

At one time I had great upperbody strenght, form doing motor work, but not now.

If you don't use it ya' loose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.