• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I've noticed that there have been several squabbles in the flash chat lately over people's chosen font clours. "Too Bright." "Too Dark." "Can't Read." Yadda yadda yadda.

A simple fix for this would be to pick a background of a single colour (preferably black) and stick to it.

I really like the flash chat... it seems to be more active and have more interesting conversation than the IRC channel does. It just gets confusing when everyone has the same colour text. People want their own colour... and I can understand that.

If we stuck with one background everyone could pick a colour and it wouldn't matter. I lean towards a black background b/c it offers the widest selection of colours.

Is this even possible to do? Can we get it done?

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
That's possible, but I'd need more information about what you'd like it changed to.
When in FlashChat, go to the "Options" button, then the "Themes" tab.
Try out the different themes, ranging from Mac OS X, to Windows XP, to Olive Green, to Black, Pink, etc.

Personally I think the black one is rather nifty, but the background image makes it look evil. How about that... but without the background image?

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
the black theme is the one I use anyways... however I am not above putting it to a vote b/c I know other people have their opinions too.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
a light background would be best I think, like white or a subtle grey. But then I rarely go in flash chat so whadda I know :dunno:

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I like the default theme. I can't remember what it's called, but the blue one, that you get your very first time going in the chat room.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
The blue is okay... but the problem with that is then noone can have a blue font... and there are lotsa shades of blue out there. Plus certain colours like yellow or red clash horribly.

We should stay with either black or white... b/c those only eliminate one colour each.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Forgot to mention too... If you have a hard time reading others fonts on the background you choose, you can always have everyone else's font show up the same color as yours.

Attachments

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
That is a valid point too Mandi.

But then everyone's posts all look the same and are hard to read... especially if the chat moves fast.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
You get used to it... I had a hard time at first, but after a couple of days it doesn't matter much.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Pojo has an idea!! What about having a certain color that automatically corresponds to the font you choose...I'll give an example: Say you choose red font...Then your font will have another color background, but just around what you say...Sort of like what you can do to the AIM font...While I typed this though, I though of problems of this >__>

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
That would never work Pojo.

Typically you choose a font colour that works with your background. It's other people that have the problem seeing your font... not you.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
:(...Just a thought...I'd prefer to just have the black background...Still with the option to make it transparent

F

FullMetal

We could change the default, I would be up for doing that, but it would have to be a general consensus (maybe someone wants to make a poll for the different ones we have.) That, or change it yourself. We could also due a white background like IRC, that way everyones color can be seen by everyone, but again, a vote would be necessary. I do not mind in any case, it is all the same to me. But, yes, it is annoying asking people to change heir color all the time.

FullMetal

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I would personally just block changing text colors as i did in irc when people were squabbling about it... but i suppose thats rather out of the question for the flash chat.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
It's really not all that hard to tell who's talking with a white background and a black text, or vice-versa if you must.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
I vote for black, or gey background. White won't work because anytime you use a /me action, it shows up in white. So it would be invisible on a white background. So if we did white, we'd have to change what color displays when you use /me.

Black or grey would be best, me thinks.. that away only shades of grey, or black will conflict, and nothing else will be affected.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I vote for black, or gey background. White won't work because anytime you use a /me action, it shows up in white. So it would be invisible on a white background. So if we did white, we'd have to change what color displays when you use /me.

Black or grey would be best, me thinks.. that away only shades of grey, or black will conflict, and nothing else will be affected.
I'm sure if they chose a white background, the /me would show up in black or something, instead.

No grey though, I personally hate grey, lol. There are certian colours that are just really ugly on grey.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
To have this done... we would realisticly have to lock the chat into one particular theme... not just change the background. If we had a white background... naturally the actions would be in black.

This being said... I am putting a poll with options for black & white... just so we can make some progress on this and not debate it so much.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
I know that, Mandi. I was just trying to work with that we have, but I'm cool with a white background too. I'll vote for whatever poll option has the majority of the votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.