Votes: 15 12.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
This is a thread dedicated to the topic of gay marriage, since I saw that the other one was closed. Here, we can talk about the situation, share our opinions, and discuss possible actions.

I'll start with the current situation in the state I live in: Wisconsin, USA.

Unbelievable:eek:

Julaine Appling has managed to make a career out of bigotry.

The fact that there are people supporting this law astounds me. Why are there people who go so far out of their way to protest against other people's civil rights?

The article states that we here in Wisconsin have the strictest laws around. That is something to be ashamed of compared to some other redneck states (no offense to anyone living there).

Thoughts, comments, concerns?

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I think it's :bsflag:, Why do people care if gays want to marry or not? It's not like it's going to kill someone. This is just showing there own ignorance. I don't know what my bf and I are going to do when he moves from New Zealand to Brandon, FL but chances are we will go to Canada to get married.

That is something to be ashamed of compared to some other redneck states
Total agree with you, the south really needs to change.

-Education sucks comparded to the north.
-Forclosers are at an all time high
-We still have really raceist states (i.e. Mississippi)

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
In my opion marriage is a religious institution. Since the first amendment guarantees the right to freedom of religion gays are guaranteed the right to marriage. (thats my opion once again)

To the poll am i ok with gay marriage? I don't really know if i am OK with it. I have no problem with it either way so i guess i dont take a stance.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think that if someone loves someone else enough to want to get married, then they should be allowed to...Even if it's a religion thing, it's the spouses' choice on whether they want to be damned to Hell (if it's real)...When the government denies gay marriage, it's like they are pushing Christianity, which would be violating the 1st Amendment

Last edited:

RevLegna

Contributor
Role
This Is halarious. make it known!

YouTube - DOES GOD HATE GAYS??

this is like one of my favorite videos, it makes a great point, i even shared a couple fun bible facts about the bible XD
(like the one abut sex during a woman's period, lol)

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
I think that if someone loves someone else enough to want to get married, then they should be allowed to...Even if it's a religion thing, it's the spouses' choice on whether they want to be damned to Hell (if it's real)...When the government denies gay marriage, it's like they are pushing Christianity, which would be violating the 2nd Amendment

1st amendment-Freedom of religion
2nd amendment-right to bear arms

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I think he means the seperation of church and state.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I can't see why, if 2 people love each other, even though they are the same sex, why they can't be married and have the same legal rights as any other married people.

I think the world should wake up already, there is nothing wrong with being gay.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Sure gay people should be able to get married... or at least something very close to marriage.
I mean, if the church says that homosexuality is wrong, then I wouldn't have a gay marriage in a church... But the government can't deny gay people the right to marry.

In the UK we have civil partnerships, which gives the two people the same rights and responsibilities as married people. So I guess I can be proud of my government for at least one thing. ^_^

Jaiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think it's important that a state treats its citizens equally, especially when we're talking about something as basic and established as this. Accordingly, whether you want your relationship with someone of the same sex or the opposite sex recognized shouldn't effect your legal status in relation to tax structures, custody rights or anything of that nature.

Personally though, I don't think marriage itself is particularly important. It's very tied in to old religious and cultural values as much as legal ones, and I think that a lot of those arguments could be avoided by changing how we structure these things. I would like to see secular and legal civil partnerships open to all as the basic framework of a union - so anyone can enter into a partnership with anyone else regardless of sex and everyone is treated equally, and then marriage as an additional top-up, if you will, which can be performed by whatever religious body you can find to do it, but which affects none of the already established legal status. I know marriage is regarded as important by a lot of non-religious people as well these days, but it just seems to me to be a convenient way to give most everyone what they want - equality under the law for all and the dominion of faith over marriage.

On a related note, I wonder if anyone has any thoughts about this news story concerning a woman who works as a registrar and refused to conduct same-sex unions. I've little sympathy with her; she's entitled to her beliefs, naturally, but not to use them in a professional setting to overwrite the rights of others. I do understand there is a slightly tricky situation in that she took the job before the new laws were introduced but I'm afraid if she is unwilling to perform what is required of her, she shouldn't be kept on.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Hmmm that news story is tricky...

Although really she shouldn't be a registrar if she can't do the job any more, maybe the government could have been a bit more sensitive and could have thought ahead and realised that this might have happened... But at the end of the day, if you can't do the job, you can't do the job! If your pilots go blind, you have to let them go. Same with this.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I fixed it...No clue why I was thinking the 2nd...Guess I was tired :D

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
If two people want to declare their love for eachother and dedication to eachother before a government official and therefore be able to reap all of the tax and insurance benefits I don't have a problem with it.

I wonder if less gay marriages end in divorce than straight ones do?

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Well certainly less end in divorce, because there are simply less gay marriages. percentage wise, now that's something I don't know...

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I have no problem with gays getting married. If they love each other enough, then they should be allowed to get married and have all of the beenfits.

Role
Incontinent
Being a lesbian myself, I certainly have no problem with gay marriage. I wish Florida would recognize same sex marriages. As it stands, only California and Massachusetts are the only two states in the US that recognize same ssex marriages. I wonder if my GF and I could fly out to California and get married and then come back to Florida. Anybody know if that is legal?

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I used to live in both states. Born in San Diego (also lived in Sacramento), lived in Clearwater. I have no clue though. There has to be a wiki though. *gits all curious-like and looks*

Status
Not open for further replies.