On the fence; is this tee shirt okay to wear in public?

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I ordered a few tee shirts from some various ABDL vendors on Etsy... they are subtle, cute and don't say ABDL or anything... I have no problem wearing them in public.

I thought this one represented my inner child and the harmless sweet side I have, but is it too weird for a 30 yr old dude to wear in public? I've had it in my cart for a couple days ... but then I wondered if people would misinterpret the message and think that I think little kids are as sweet as a puppy?

I dress normal (skater shoes, camo shorts, hat..) and I don't really care what people think.

picss.jpg

Here are the two tees I did order. I am into astrophotograpy and astronomy so if anyone questions it I'll just explain I liked the shirts, I like space, and telescopes (OTA + Tracking Mount + DSLR).

s2.jpg
s1.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Rezzu and checkingoutall
Cool shirts! Rock them and be proud!

Reactions: nwm and neophyte
Cool and cute shirts!!!

Reactions: nwm, littledub1955 and neophyte
why wouldn't they ne ok in public? Where exactly in public? Some places are not that evolved and you might get the same garbage or insults that are thrown at gays.

Reactions: neophyte and KTBFFH
Still think they're cute. Don't see why they would result in name calling. They're not offensive in any way that I can see.

Paddy2020 said:
Still think they're cute. Don't see why they would result in name calling. They're not offensive in any way that I can see.
Agreed!

Pretty sure no one cares right now. Too busy not dieing.

Thanks you all rock! The space ones don’t worry me because they are freaking awesome! Just the puppy one being misinterpreted or too weird (ABDL aside).

Im so not worried about anyone who would try to make fun of my tee’s 😊

I would suggest wearing pants with the shirt, and maybe shoes, if you decide to go out in public.

• Haha
Reactions: AJFan2020, checkingoutall, nwm and 3 others
I love the shirts but I think some people will see you as a "little". Then there's the whole pedophile thing and you know how some people are. If they were mine, I'd only wear them in my house because some people jump to some big conclusions. Just my two cents.

Reactions: littledub1955, RedPandaDL, neophyte and 1 other person
I wouldn't wear childish shirts to some places, like red neck rural bars would be a very bad idea. I wear Sesame St shirts made for adults around town and have never really had an issue, people either like it or they don't care. I also have a very long ZZ Top style beard. People probably think I am a bit odd, and that's ok.

dogboy said:
I love the shirts but I think some people will see you as a "little". Then there's the whole pedophile thing and you know how some people are. If they were mine, I'd only wear them in my house because some people jump to some big conclusions. Just my two cents.

That was my fear with the puppy one; it’s obviously not the case with me but I can see how it is questionable.

I think I’ll sadly pass on the puppy!

As for the space ones I think my overall demeanour and appearance will quickly extinguish any doubts someone may have about my shirt.

It sucks that women (adults) can get away with wearing just about anything (pink, rainbows, unicorns, teddy bears) but a man is expected to be masculine.

Last edited:
Reactions: AJFan2020, dogboy, KTBFFH and 3 others
neophyte said:
Thanks you all rock! The space ones don’t worry me because they are freaking awesome! Just the puppy one being misinterpreted or too weird (ABDL aside).

Im so not worried about anyone who would try to make fun of my tee’s 😊
My first thought on seeing the puppy shirt was "furry" or "pet" which would work great, in the right setting, lol.

But for vanilla folk I would think girls would find it cute. Guys? Who knows.

I could prob see myself wearing it or the explorer one out, but ya "girl" here & gets to wear cute stuff, lol

Last edited:
Reactions: neophyte
I like them all!

Go for it. I highly doubt anyone will bat an eye. I’ve got my eye on the ABU Peekabu Bernie hats. Then there is this slick look...

ive only had one instance where someone disliked it mind you they were really drunk and they said my clothes were toddler XL otherwise nothing but compliments escpessially from irl mommies 😂

• Haha
Reactions: ShyBoo81 and nwm
In general I wouldn't worry about any of them - but you do need to use a little discretion too.
As pointed out for example - if I planned on going in to a Red Neck bar I likely wouldn't (although even there I seem to have a nack for getting away with things not many could, but still...[mostly they seem to quickly, not be able to put a finger on what exactly, but get I do have some disabilities]).
Most other places I see no problem though - but being all over the U.S. it can also depend on the area you are talking about.

Reactions: littledub1955
neophyte said:
I ordered a few tee shirts from some various ABDL vendors on Etsy... they are subtle, cute and don't say ABDL or anything... I have no problem wearing them in public.

I thought this one represented my inner child and the harmless sweet side I have, but is it too weird for a 30 yr old dude to wear in public? I've had it in my cart for a couple days ... but then I wondered if people would misinterpret the message and think that I think little kids are as sweet as a puppy?

I dress normal (skater shoes, camo shorts, hat..) and I don't really care what people think.

View attachment 49152

Here are the two tees I did order. I am into astrophotograpy and astronomy so if anyone questions it I'll just explain I liked the shirts, I like space, and telescopes (OTA + Tracking Mount + DSLR).

View attachment 49153
View attachment 49154
I love the explorer one and the blast off one ❤️ I myself have looked at both of those! And want them!
The puppy one isnt my style but still is super duper cute. I say rock whatever you want! I always walk around like im a boss in my clothes regardless of their meaning and people usually sense that feeling.
My abu hat has gotten me some cool comments that have made my heart flutter! You would be surprised honestly.
Wear what makes you happy and these are not vulgur or obcene be unapologetically you please! 😁❤️

Last edited:
Reactions: ShyBoo81, neophyte and Kittyinpink
I wouldn't. It's okay for a girl to wear, but people will think you're weird if they see it.

I think they are very cute! I can't see anything wrong and I doubt anyone would care... Better be prepared with quick answer like .... Really? Dunno was cheap t - shirt , can't remember where from!!

Reactions: BearTale and Paddy2020
Back