I GOT.... CONTACTS!!!!

Yessssss ^^ I'm not blind anymore =D

*does a little dance*

Yey ^^

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Congrats! One of these days I'll stop being a big baby and learn to stick my finger in my eye. Until that day I guess I'll be stuck with these glasses :(

How's the difference in peripheral vision? I've been told it's a night and day difference from glasses.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'm eye phobic. I don't think I could ever wear contacts, but congrats to you.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
errm no thank you... no implants for me.

I HATE YOU ATSU :(

I want contacts.. I look much sexier without glasses, LOL. I look so geeky with glasses...

D

daria7483

I'm eye phobic. I don't think I could ever wear contacts, but congrats to you.
I'm pretty eye phobic...I have a hard time putting drops in and I always flinch when I'm at the eye doctor and they do that thing where they blow a puff of air into your eye. But I can wear contacts. It took me a few days to get used to them but now I could never imagine going back to just wearing glasses.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
*me peers through his glasses*

Contacts would probably be better for me, been as only one eye has problems. However, I couldn't cope with putting them in.

Anyway, nice for you to be able to see. Now you realise how awful the world is too look at again.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I heard of permanent contacts but I am willing to bet it costs a LOT.

So I wear glasses to read far away stuff like street signs and such. There are many types of eyeglass frames right now and to me they even improve your look. You are all just not taking time to look at different eyeglasses to see that its not as bad as 20 years ago was. Glasses are freaking stylish now.

Also with contacts if you get pulled over by the cops they are going to ask where your glasses are and then you will need to pull out your contacts. That is if you were dumb enough like me when I took my permit test yesterday and had to wear your glasses. They make note of corrective lens.

X

xdeadx

Congrats! One of these days I'll stop being a big baby and learn to stick my finger in my eye. Until that day I guess I'll be stuck with these glasses :(

How's the difference in peripheral vision? I've been told it's a night and day difference from glasses.
It's pretty cool. And the best thing is I can still wear my shades. The peripheral is much better as well... Cause with glasses, there's no difference in peripheral. =P

At first we were gonna get glasses again, but I can't see very well while playing football so we just decided to go with contacts ^^ The only bad thing about them right now that I've found out is putting them in. It gets aggrivating when I drop them sometimes. Or right when I am about to get it on it folds up.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I've never even heard of such a thing...unless you mean laser eye surgery...
No these a put behind you natural lens, you younger guys won't be able to get them, they are for the older generation.

They do this when you have cateract sergery, so you don't need glasses aftewards, but they come in single and multifocal, the the multifocal are not that effective a freind got his right after I got mine and he is wearing readers now.

I have single vision, which means I do not need to wear glasses for seeing anything more than a foot away from me, however I wear reading glasses for close work.

As soon as I am confident that they have the laser stuff strightened out I will have laser and then I won't need readers.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't think I could permanent contacts ever...I have astigmatism...I have regular ones though =D

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I also have terrible astigmatism. If I don't wear glasses for awhile my vision gets better. Only problem is I have to go a couple days basically blind - and even after that my vision still isn't good enough to drive or watch TV from a reasonable distance :(

ballucanb said:
They do this when you have cateract sergery,

My mom had something similar when she got a severely detached retina. They basically gave her a fake lens and re-attached her retina (which had peeled back). It took a lot of recovery (almost a year until she had her sight fully restored) but now she has much better sight in the eye that had the problem.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Congrats and thanks for reminding me. (I need to get darkened ones as shades and caps aren't allowed in school)

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
Yeah I have had contacts for a few years now, the whole toughing your eye thing gets really easy. I wake up throw em in blink a few times and I am on my way takes my about a minute. Be careful though I have had to walk around with an eye patch a few times cause I didn't cut my fingernails and I scratched my eye.

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I have no doubt all the computer use is damaging my vision. It may even get as bad as 20/20 someday. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.