• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

OMG! I just watched the cutest damn thing in my life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover
Wow, I was sitting here watching America's Got Talent, and this little four year old girl named Kaitlyn Maher sang her heart out, and you cant help but get a massive smile on your face! I mean, she could sing yea, but just her attitude, in the little interview thing before she went on was just, one of those "Awww!" moments. I mean, she was so nice, and said she liked to make people smile, and that singing made her smile. I mean, if I am ever feeling down, I will just think of this! Im not sap by ANY means, but NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, cannot admit, that no matter what, this makes them truly happy! The sad reality is, she is not the $1M act. And the fact that shed be a Vegas show, well, its just not there. And the judges told her this, and she just stood there, and smiled and said thank you! OMG! I think she deserves the one million bucks, but theres no way, a child of only 4, should be an act in Vegas. So yea, well, thats my little rant, just thought i'd let ya know!

Heres, a little link! Enjoy!
YouTube - Kaitlyn Maher (Semi) - America's Got Talent

Role
Incontinent
That was one cute kid! Did you notice as they were talking to her, she kept saying thank you for everything, whether it was the right time or not. I'd be really proud if she were my kid. Somebody's got an angel on their hands.

Role
Diaper Lover
I thought this was a thread about me :(
Sorry, Pojo!! lol.
That was one cute kid! Did you notice as they were talking to her, she kept saying thank you for everything, whether it was the right time or not. I'd be really proud if she were my kid. Somebody's got an angel on their hands.
I know, couldnt agree more!

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
OMG, she was adorable...and TALENTED, too! It was just 'another cute kid' she could really sing!

Brought tears to my eyes just watching her....and I noticed she brought tears to Sharon Osbourne's eyes, too!

Absolutely adorable!

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I hate to say it... but give it 10-15 years and she'll be just like any of the other teen stars... all wrapped up in the fast life of sex, drugs, and booze. I do not support parents who would exploit their child like that just for the money.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well I disagree with Darkfinn, I'm ceritanly not going to say shes going to end up like every other teen star, and we can't say for sure her parents are exploiting her for money. She could very well enjoy it.

Now she was cute, but, eh. The whole lisp-thing annoyed me, which is probably one of the reasons I don't like kids. I'd rather hear the original "Trees of Green, Red roses too" opposed to "Twees of gween, wed woses tew."

So yeah - she's cute, but I'd rather not listen to her sing.

Edit: Just found this too, I think this was much better singing than the first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2vNM5jyuD4&feature=related

teddy564339

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
It would have been cuter if she was holding a plushie while she sang. ;)

Personally, I thought she was pretty good for a 4 year old, but nothing amazing.

Role
Diaper Lover
It would have been cuter if she was holding a plushie while she sang. ;)

Personally, I thought she was pretty good for a 4 year old, but nothing amazing.
Which is why she will most likely not go thru the next round. Her cuteness has gotten her this far, but it will only go so far...

Role
Incontinent
I don't watch that show she was on, but last night when I turned on my TV, it just happened to be on, and I saw her get voted into the next phase of the contest. So yes, her cuteness, and talent, helped her to go on. It was kinda funny too, when they announced her as winner, I think she thought she lost and started to walk off the stage. Then all the other contestants hugged her. It really was cute.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Whats this red stuff coming out of my ears!? Is, is this blood?

But honestly I don't like little kids. Could be that I tried to avoid all little kid things in my childhood just to try and force out that thing we call TB/AB/DL.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
I'm watching it, and she's so cute =0. But I think she shouldn't have gotten this far, I'm sorry. Even though she is so nice and stuff, she is very off key a lot of the time, stops a lot, breathes too much, and her voice cracks. I'm sure in a few more years she would get first place, but this it to early for her.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I feel bad for anyone who was off the show because of her. A lot of people have had years of practice, and she probably hasn't had any.

I know that I would feel depressed if she got farther than me, because I know it's only how cute she is, and not because she's good, I wouldn't really think of it as unfair, just it would make me feel bad, because I know I am a good singer, and have had years and years of practice, much longer than she has.

Now, if she was a natural that would be different, if she could sing amazing without any practice, then I would be glad for her.

Although I do think she is very cute =D.

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
I agree with Samaki. She was adorable, but that in and of it's self is not enough to get one through the rest of your life. Even if she was amazing and not just very good she dose not yet have the lung capacity or strength of vocals to maintain a stellar performance. She should have been on the show in a few more years.
That aside I think the parents of any child put on a show like that should really be looked at very hard. We have seen what happens to children when Mommy takes them to beauty shows, and talent compactions from day one. Of course they will say the love it that is all they know. They only know being petted over and getting attention. The last thing that we need is another Jean Benet Ramsey whose life if not ended early by some crazy person will be messed up by having a complex.
Look at ever other Child star; few come out with a stellar career. Hollywood is paved with names of child stars that were placed there because Momma and Daddy wanted the attention. Then when they are beyond being cute they have no real basis of qualifications.
True Shirley Temple went on to be well known by her married name, but lest us thing of others. McCauly Culkin, the one that plaid Dougie (he is on some poor excuse for a sitcom now), Britney Spears (nice morals there), and many others. I mean look at the cast of Saved By the bell and they were teens, or Boy Meets world. Or Mary Kate and Ashley, they may have money but they are no longer in anything, or any other person from Full House.
The ones that get the most out of the deal are solely the parents. They have the power of finances until the child comes of age, so that child may never see a dime. Do we really want to take another child’s childhood away from her?

Let alone those that have worked so hard only to be out done by a C quality song only because it has a cute face.
I Love the you tube, and she was great for her age, but her parents should have though enough about her future and not their own to let her mature in her abilities.

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
That little girl made me think of Nikka Costa, another singer that started out at a very young age, when she was only 9 y/o, with the famous song "On My Own" - recorded in Italy in 1981 - that quickly became one of the hits of the moment.

YouTube - Nikka Costa - On my own(original clip)

Her father was a famous musician, and surely he played a great role in starting her out as a singer, but in her case, after some years far from the scenes, she went back to singing releasing several successful albums and collaborating in advertisement campaigns and movie soundtracks.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Since I am a musician by trade, and have taught a lot of singers, I think she is an amazing talent. But Mandi is right, and a lot can happen between now and when she become 18. The voice changes as we age, sometimes it gets better, and sometimes it gets worse.

The young group I was more impressed with was the girl and two brothers, the one where the little kid plays stand up bass. They were really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.