OMG Even Cloth-Backed Diapers are Plastic with a Cloth Top Outer. Meaning ALL Diapers are ACTUALLY Plastic! FASCINATING!!!

ABDElsa

TheFrozenABDL
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
P.S. I've been wearing diaper for quite some time so the top sheet is coming off. ABU Didn't make a poor quality Diaper or anything. It's just that you really shouldn't wear the same Diaper the entire day! Even if you haven't soiled it! Because as evidenced by this picture, it WILL start to fall apart as you are wearing it!!!
IMG_20230709_000111135.jpg

• Love
Reactions: PlastiBrain, Diprs2 and bigtoddler96
There are cloth disposable diapers that are truly cloth through and through. When I was visiting Europe, I got some Tenas from a pharmacy that were like that and I've used cloth disposables before. I prefer plastic backed so my experience with cloth pamps is pretty minimal.

But I think what your noticing is the difference between a cloth diaper vs cloth backed. Cloth backed I'm pretty sure means exactly how the Little Kings, Alpha Gatorz, and Goodnites are made. They have a plastic shell with a thin cloth layer over it. Cloth (not cloth backed) is actually a cloth non-plastic material throughout it, no thin cloth layer that can peeled off of the plastic shell.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2 and ABDElsa
I wish they were more options for cloth-backed ABDL diapers such as a baby blue ABDL diaper that's cloth-backed.

• Love
Reactions: BabyLink9, Diprs2, TigerDL and 1 other person
bigtoddler96 said:
I wish they were more options for cloth-backed ABDL diapers such as a baby blue ABDL diaper that's cloth-backed.
Yeah as far as I know for that you'd just have to go the medical Diaper route, because they make both plastic and cloth backed Diapers in white, green, orange, and blue. I've worn one of each color at some point.

Reactions: Diprs2
ABDElsa said:
Yeah as far as I know for that you'd just have to go the medical Diaper route, because they make both plastic and cloth backed Diapers in white, green, orange, and blue. I've worn one of each color at some point.
But I wanted a ABDL diaper that's mostly baby blue and cloth-backed since ABDL diapers are better than medical diapers. Most of the cloth-backed medical diapers suck.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Diprs2 and ABDElsa
bigtoddler96 said:
But I wanted a ABDL diaper that's mostly baby blue and cloth-backed since ABDL diapers are better than medical diapers. Most of the cloth-backed medical diapers suck.
I know that's why I said I don't know of any Baby Blue Cloth Backed ABDL Diapers. Recently there's been these new ABDL Diapers from a company called Trest that come in white, pink, green, and blue, but they're plastic back. So, still not what you're looking for.

I discovered this myself. The printing is actually on a plastic film that covers the inside of the diaper. I guess printing on plastic sounds a lot easier than printing on cloth but until I noticed this I never really considered where the design came from.

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa and Diprs2
Yes ....You can peel off the mesh clothlike cover over the diaper print. It takes some time and detail because you could risk ripping the diaper. Yes underneath is a plastic layer like the original plastic diapers with an actually brilliant print. I have some "Elena of Avalor" Pull Ups that are like plastic diaper Pull ups now! Ill try to put up a pic soon.

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa and Diprs2
All diapers, even the ones that are cloth-backed, have a layer of plastic, or else there's nothing to contain pee!

For most cloth-backed diapers though, companies make the plastic layer thinner because the cloth cover reinforces it so they don't "need" as thick of a plastic layer. But this can lead to leaks.

Todaler, rep for Tykables, explained the difference here: https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads...to-get-wet-on-the-outside.173871/post-2264323
todaler said:
All cloth backed and breathable diapers still have a plastic layer in them... But why do they? Well most medical brands use a thinner gauge plastic on the inside because the cloth cover adds strength to it. The downfall is if they have a thinner gauge plastic the SAP crystals can poke small holes in them and allow liquid to seep though. This can happen if you are more active, rub the diaper, or use it to a higher capacity. Tykables Animooz, for example, uses the same plastic that we use in our other products like the Little Builders rather than a thinner gauge to avoid this issue.

• Wow
Reactions: ABDElsa
NabePup said:
There are cloth disposable diapers that are truly cloth through and through.
Which ones?
As far as I'm aware, and apart from the fluff, they're all plastic.
I think I recall a brand being touted as truly containing cloth material (but not wholly), as if it that meant natural, but without having one in hand, to feel and test, who'd know?
I await, cigarette lighter in hand.

TigerDL said:
All diapers, even the ones that are cloth-backed, have a layer of plastic, or else there's nothing to contain pee!

For most cloth-backed diapers though, companies make the plastic layer thinner because the cloth cover reinforces it so they don't "need" as thick of a plastic layer. But this can lead to leaks.

Todaler, rep for Tykables, explained the difference here: https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads...to-get-wet-on-the-outside.173871/post-2264323
Fascinating! Thanks for sharing.

The reason why I haven't tried a cloth-backed ABDL diaper yet is because there's still not a lot of options and I wanted one that's either baby blue or pink. I would wear them more often if they were more good options.

bigtoddler96 said:
The reason why I haven't tried a cloth-backed ABDL diaper yet is because there's still not a lot of options and I wanted one that's either baby blue or pink. I would wear them more often if they were more good options.
I know, you said that already. Like 3 times at this point. Could you comment something else please? Or just don't comment anymore if that's all you have to say. Because ngl it's been a bit annoying being notified about the same kind of comment by ADISC. Whenever I've gotten a notification from ADISC about you, I go in expecting a new engaging comment, but it's just the same comment. In some ways posting the same comment multiple times is considered spam. Remember the rule on here that says no spam, engaging posts and comments only? Well this is becoming less engaging and more like spam. Sorry not trying to be rude, just getting annoyed so, I am asking nicely. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: DloverUK
MikeDJ said:
I have some "Elena of Avalor" Pull Ups that are like plastic diaper Pull ups now! Ill try to put up a pic soon.
Interesting project for sure. My only concern would be that the diapers would be weaker and more prone to tearing if, say, the keys in your pocket press against them. I noticed when I discovered this for myself just how flimsy the plastic layer is. I think the cloth mesh on the outside might also serve to protect the plastic film from damage somewhat.

• Love
The Seni Quatro large size have light blue stripes that are kinda cute. Not sure if all sizes have the same colors.

• Love
ade said:
As far as I'm aware, and apart from the fluff, they're all plastic.
Even the fluff is mostly plastic in most adult diapers now. You see it more in the Chinese diapers and it's polyester fibers with some natural fibers added in to help absorption. Most European manufactures still use a higher ratio of natural fibers and is the reason they perform better.

• Wow
Reactions: ABDElsa and ade
Labrador said:
Interesting project for sure. My only concern would be that the diapers would be weaker and more prone to tearing if, say, the keys in your pocket press against them. I noticed when I discovered this for myself just how flimsy the plastic layer is. I think the cloth mesh on the outside might also serve to protect the plastic film from damage somewhat.
Yes the plastic is not as strong as a true plastic diaper. They look so much better though as a plastic surface. The print looks so much more vibrant. I did peel off the mesh on my sons Incedible Hulk Pull Ups . They looked so much cooler as plastic pulls ups. They also held up over night when he wore them.

• Love
I usually wear training pants and plastic pants in the daytime and cloth diapers and plastic pants to bed.

• Love
MikeDJ said:
They looked so much cooler as plastic pulls ups. They also held up over night when he wore them.
You’re braver than all the parents I know. But if they work, all the better! I did notice that the colors look brighter without the mesh.🙂

Last edited:
  • Love
That's interesting. I honestly thought they were really cloth backed like all of the current baby diapers, or at least that were around in the early 2000s.

• Love
Back