OMG Crazy Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
So my laptop kinda broke.

It was only 4 months old, turned it on the one night (bout a week ago now, actually, exactly a week!) and there was a BIOS password.

After researching we found out it was either a security bug with that model... or some dumb f*ck I know put the password on.

So needless to say I bought a new one. The last week we tried everything, taking off the battery, booting up with software to get around it, EVERYTHING. NOTHING worked!

So I decided to sell it.

The one guy says he wants it. Told him I did everything to try to fix it, so he either has great parts, or if he can get around the BIOS password, a great working computer. Buddy was certain he could get around the password.

So he comes picks it up this morning... pays for it.

I got an email. Basically calling me a con-artist and a liar. My mom went and read through ALL of the emails sent back and forth, and we came to the conclusion that hes just bitter he couldn't fix it.

I never lied to the guy, not once. He then calls my house 6 times in a row...

Dudes crazy. >.<

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
How creepyish...I hate phone calls from people I don't know...Or random ones at night...Or a bunch from the same people...*Rambles on about things he hates*

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't know if this applies to laptops as well, but typically there is a jumper on the motherboard that you can set to reset all BIOS settings. Alternatively, if you can disconnect the CMOS battery for a few hours (that is, if it's not on-board) that might do it as well. But, since you already sold it [shrug].

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
It's his problem. You told him the problem. It's his fault if he can't fix it.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Chevre: No jumper switch... and I did remove the battery, ranging from 10 minutes to several hours... nothing. I just gave up. Actually, I'm really happy with the new one so I don't mind much that the other one broke.

Orms: Thats the thing... the buyer knew everything, and I mean every nitty gritty detail about it. He's just throwing a hissy fit.

Shippo: Exactly. Thats why I'm ticked, he can't throw a hissy fit when he cant fix it because he knew what he bought, just like I wasn't able to return it to Best Buy because it was broken.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I find it odd that something 4 months old wouldn't be under warranty...

eh well...

E

Error404

Shame you didn't post here. I know the bypass passwords for MOST BIOS OS's nowwa days.

Answer the phone and say "Stop phoning or I call the police" and if he still continues, block his number. You've kept completely within the law.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
That's a shame, Mandi.. disconnecting the battery should have done it.There should be a master(admin?) password that you can use that will bypass the password..

Did you try a boot disk? Recovery software? Installing a new BIOS? There's always a way around passwords..

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Why is everyone still giving her advice to fix it...She already got rid of it, so it doesn't really matter anymore...

D

daria7483

I kept waiting for Mandi to say that he did fix it, and he came across a bunch of diaper stuff on the hard drive. Anyway, yeah, he sounds like an idiot. At least you made some money. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get for it? I'm thinking about trying to sell a 7-year-old laptop.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Why is everyone still giving her advice to fix it...She already got rid of it, so it doesn't really matter anymore...
Maybe she can use the advice to get the guy out of her hair.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
That doesn't mean he can't harangue her. I mean, it's his fault, but he sounds like a jerk to me.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I tried everything, boot from disc, the harddrive, a flashdrive, tons of programs, master passwords, disconnecting the battery. Nothing worked.

He hasn't called back, so he must be done with his hissy fit.

Daria: I got 300 for it... I probably could have gotten more if I waited longer, but that isn't bad at all considering with taxes and everything I only paid 535 for it. I got more than half my money back.

As for diaper stuff: There isn't anything diaper related he'd find. Only diaper stuff I have on my computer is my website files, which I deleted, heh. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.