OMG! ab/tb/dl/babyfurs and littlefurs its getting into the public eye!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Sorry if I sound critical but the whole "zomg wer becomin pop'lar" thing sounds like hell is about to rise if some reporter has a slow news day and writes about AB/DLs/furries/gays/Bic pens/etc...

Relax! Communities like these don't just evaporate when someone writes about them in the press, and there certainly won't be a rapture if this does happen.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Well first of all like most people have said...alot of these things have already happened. CSI show on a baby, news stories on *b/dl's (like the one whotext the teen with a pic of diaper and baby stuff), once on jerry springer, and on much more places.

After taking all this into acount, I do not think it will get much worse than it is now, but only get better from here on. I would say all those tv showings about our community were all negative, because people always interpert them falsely. Like for example I actually have talked to someone about the jerry springer ab epsiode and the ab csi episode, from seperate people. They both generally had the type of reaction like "those sick people, they must molest so many kids." Which makes me angry because as we all know our fetish has nothing to do with pedophilia, which most people assume and tell eachother just because a lot of us dress up like babies and kids, and wear diapers. So they assume we must be attracted to other people who wear the same type of clothing, therefore assuming kids is what we are attracted, which that is only partially true, we are attracted to other people who wear the same stuff, but only people of our age/legal age. This is a very prevelant misconception in America I have come to notice, which makes me angry. It can be mostly blamed on the way the media and tv has portrayed us, and the other half blammed on the stupidty of most Americans.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
chill,
its just a fetish.
No news station would do an in depth story about leather bondage, or water sports. They certainly wont do it on us. SO...relax

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
Well, it's already been said, but I'll say it again, because I was going to say it anyway..

This has been happening for years. I was surprised the whole Womack thing didn't get bigger than it did, and I think you know what I mean by that. People have been laughing at, and mocking us for years, so none of this qualifies as news. The CSI episodes were just two of these mockeries. But this isn't really the producers fault for making these shows, it's the publics fault msotly. When people hear about a group of grown people who wear baby clothes, and diapers, then they will assume the worst about the group. It isn't unreasonable that they would think "Pedophiles! Rasie the flag!" as soon as they first hear about this fetish. So they may investigate it a bit, and their views on the fetish will depend on which site pops up first, and we all know what the first diaper sites that pop up on Google are.. :eek:

Even if the person who sees those sites has some common sense, are realizes those tales must be high on the :bsmeter:, the things the news says about us, and all these tales you hear on the TV and internet, wouldn't make someone just learning about it feel to good about it. Even if they didn't think we were pedophiles, then we would be considered freaks. It's all about misinformation, and misconception. There's more bad info out there, than there is good, and unfortunately, if you don't know how to look for the good info, it's tough to find amongst all the garbage floating around out there..

I could go on, but I hurt my hand earlier, and it really hurts, so I'll jut get to the point now: This has been going on ages, but I doubt their going to make movies showing a mother diaper punishing her two kids. They haven't done that with anything else, so there is no reason they should do it with AB/TB/DLism or Furryism either.. If they were going to stoop that low, they would have done it with the gays, or some other fetish group that are wierder than us. So please don't panic..

audio file

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I think betagame has a case of the galoping paronoya (sorry about the spelling)

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
people hear about a group of grown people who wear baby clothes, and diapers, then they will assume the worst about the group. It isn't unreasonable that they would think "Pedophiles! Rasie the flag!" as soon as they first hear about this fetish. So they may investigate it a bit, and their views on the fetish will depend on which site pops up first, and we all know what the first diaper sites that pop up on Google are.. :eek:

Even if the person who sees those sites has some common sense, are realizes those tales must be high on the :bsmeter:, the things the news says about us, and all these tales you hear on the TV and internet, wouldn't make someone just learning about it feel to good about it. Even if they didn't think we were pedophiles, then we would be considered freaks. It's all about misinformation, and misconception. There's more bad info out there, than there is good, and unfortunately, if you don't know how to look for the good info, it's tough to find amongst all the garbage floating around out there.
Yes this does sound logical, but unfortauntly I think the minority of people do this. I mean if someone was looking this up of course Mist Deker would show up and they would read it. After reading that, they would be so digusted an appauled they would just stop and not want to look up any sources because the fear of finding something just as bad or worse. So we do get a pretty bad name for ourselfs all because of that dumb place.

Aidy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Carer
Umm, honestly.. who cares?

I don't mind if people make jokes at my expense and use my lifestyle for a bit of entertainment.

Imagine if all gay people were offended by the jokes some shows make about them or if men were always insulted because we are portrayed as stupid and incompetent in families in all tv shows. We would have no comedy at all.

If it reaches the popular media it will be a move on the path to be more accepted. Once people know about it the annoying PC's jump in and make people speak a special language just for us so that we aren't offended and it moves on from there to people tolerating it. (Along with death threats and the like :) )

But that won't happen. It won't make the popular media (much) and it won't matter if it does.

Lizzie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Imagine if all gay people were offended by the jokes some shows make about them or if men were always insulted because we are portrayed as stupid and incompetent in families in all tv shows. We would have no comedy at all.

I'm offended by most gay jokes....

Customizer

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I KNOW!!!!11 and they will put moo in prison!

And every crime will be our fault! And Usama Bin Laden will be released when he gets caught because it was an AB's fault, not his!
Whoa there little fella. Moo is NOT Bryan Cobb, OK? :)

Don't worry. The news media in general try to avoid writing stories based on racial or sexual identification, unless that is the purpose and main point.

For all other media entities with an ax to grind, they better watch themselves or watchdogs will argue back.

Any fool who has a computer and a YouTube account can and will post his or her opinion as propaganda for agenda.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
ok guys, i been meaning to tell you about this for a while, but i've been approached by MTV to do a reality show called 'True Life: Diapered in College'. we've been taping for a few months now and the episode should air september 17th. keep an eye out for it and tell me what you think!

Customizer

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
ok guys, i been meaning to tell you about this for a while, but i've been approached by MTV to do a reality show called 'True Life: Diapered in College'. we've been taping for a few months now and the episode should air september 17th. keep an eye out for it and tell me what you think!
Yes, I'm also doing a co-op with MTV. It's called "True Life: High as a Kite."

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I'll beleive that when I see it. :squint: If you really are, good luck with that...

Also if MTV does this I will have to give them a around of applause and for kite too. Until I will hold all judgement til the facts are out.

Last edited:

MrE

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Yeah the AB/DL/Furry community occasionally pops into mainstream discussion. The biggest event was when there was a CSI episode a few years back that was based on the murder of an AB and it came into discussion when there was a public outcry about the whole thing. In my loacal goth bar there is a cartoon strip on the wall about furries as well.

This mum is telling her child every time he says he says he doesn't believe in Furries one drops dead. He then says it three times and it flashes to a furry dropping dead. I thought it was quite funny...

Sly Fox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur,
all i can say is no matter what we do or think ... we will be considdered freeks by the rest of the world ... but thats life ... and once it gets big in the media well it will be about 40 years till it dies down again (using history for the estimate) so just hang in there it might be a bumpy ride :p
-doodle
Very true... people are goign to think were wierd,crazy, etc... and Yeah... its really going to suck when that happens... ( it might wont...but the furry fandom already has enough grief on the net...they even made a CSI show with a furry on it...T_Tso yeah... its a possiblity that our fetish can wind up like that...but whos to say, only time will tell)

just if ppl wont accept it cause its diffrent, i wonder what kind of ppl they are... Cause wehre all diffrent.

Monkey

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
Very true... people are goign to think were wierd,crazy, etc... and Yeah... its really going to suck when that happens... ( it might wont...but the furry fandom already has enough grief on the net...they even made a CSI show with a furry on it...T_Tso yeah... its a possiblity that our fetish can wind up like that...but whos to say, only time will tell)

just if ppl wont accept it cause its diffrent, i wonder what kind of ppl they are... Cause wehre all diffrent.
Our fetish is already mocked on the internet, as luck would have it by the same groups that mock the furry fandom, normally babyfurs are the butt of the joke, fairly sensible choice seeing they've got the worst of both worlds. Like Mr E posted, a episode of C.S.I loosely based around infantilism has already been aired, several times infact.

Role
Private
Like Mr E posted, a episode of C.S.I loosely based around infantilism has already been aired, several times infact.
That CSI episode was terrible.

When it aired here, my parents watched it. All the way through they commented on how freaky it was and laughed at everything. Gave me a real big inclination not to tell them about it.

Monkey

Banned
Role
Adult Baby

When it aired here, my parents watched it. All the way through they commented on how freaky it was and laughed at everything. Gave me a real big inclination not to tell them about it.
My parent watched the episode as well, I was too embarrassed to watch it alongside her, I caught the re-run episode some weeks after. She had already unintentionally found adult nappies in my room, I had hoped she had forgotten about the incident since the episode first aired and not put two & two together. I had already read comments from folk in the U.S regarding how dire and exaggerated it was needless to say I agree but hey, that's the entertainment industry for you I've come to expect that sort of approach regarding any fetish / fandom that's a minority.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Riiiiiiiight...and I've been approached by the CBC (they're big on bringing the odd into the mainstream, you know!) to do a program called "The life of a forty-something overweight woman who wears diapers occasionally and even likes to be a mommy to handsome young men" It's a rather long title, but we're confident it will catch on!

What I'm tryin' to say is "I'll believe it when I see it!"

Yes, I'm also doing a co-op with MTV. It's called "True Life: High as a Kite."
Nice! Way to go, Custy! ;)

The CSI episode wasn't all that bad, really. Sure it was a bit 'over the top'...but you gotta remember the character was an EXTREMELY wealthy and extremely eccentric middle-aged man. Of course he 'hid' his 'desires' (as most ABs do) from his business associates and social network. And, of course, due to his vast wealth he was able to create what most ABs only dream of "a really rad nursery" OK the enema thing was a bit 'over the top', but then again we have to remember that this was CSI...Las Vegas style! Everything's 'larger than life' in Vegas! I really liked the scene in the AB store where the sales lady presumed Grissom was Nick's "daddy" hehehe That was priceless!

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer

The CSI episode wasn't all that bad, really. Sure it was a bit 'over the top'...but you gotta remember the character was an EXTREMELY wealthy and extremely eccentric middle-aged man. Of course he 'hid' his 'desires' (as most ABs do) from his business associates and social network. And, of course, due to his vast wealth he was able to create what most ABs only dream of "a really rad nursery" OK the enema thing was a bit 'over the top', but then again we have to remember that this was CSI...Las Vegas style! Everything's 'larger than life' in Vegas! I really liked the scene in the AB store where the sales lady presumed Grissom was Nick's "daddy" hehehe That was priceless!
I do agree, that EP wasn't bad at all. Most people freak when the spotlight hits them....in a bad way

Status
Not open for further replies.