Status
Not open for further replies.

Backinfootedsleepers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
Hey!

I know there have been some older posts on this, but they are closed. I just wanted to see if anyone has or remembers the older footed sleepers with the white vinyl feet from the 80's and early 90's. If you ever had them, I'm sure you remember the vinyl cracking after a lot of wear. The vinyl feet were warm and you could hear them as they slid against a hard floor. I wore these particular sleepers and loved them. They were different than the sleepers made today. A lot of these older sleepers also had toecaps, which were a nice feature.

I tried uploading a pic of them, but was unsuccessful. I do however have a pic of one on my profile pic/avatar. If anyone has any or had any in the past, please post any info you have on them.

pajamalover

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I do remember these,
I loved them I cant remember for the life of me when I stopped wearing. However I do remember a nightmare as well my mother had me take a bath one night and laid out my pajama for me. When I got out she had me put them on and came over to zip me up. While zipping rather quickly she caught the skin of well yeah you know. She had been going so fast that she had to call my father up to lend a hand getting my Willie out of the zip. Now as a grown man I go for the zip in the back of the pjs if not diapered while wearing them.

Did your Pajamas have the flap at the neck to cover the zipper?

Backinfootedsleepers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
I stopped wearing them in the early 90's just before they stopped making them with the vinyl feet. I wish i never stopped wearing them. Yeah those older sleepers bring back so many memories. Interesting story, but that must have hurt. I always loved when I went to my bed and a footed sleeper was lying there for me to put on and zip up. I had a few pairs growing up. I had sleepers from Montgomery Ward, A couple Dr Dentons, and I believe Carter's as well. One had the neck tab you mentioned. I wish I still had all of them. However I do have an adult sized Montgomery Ward blanket sleeper and a few different Dr Denton adult blanket sleepers. Do you remember what brands you had?

caitianx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I remember wearing footed jammies in the early 1960's when I was growing up.
Yes! I miss wearing them.

Backinfootedsleepers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
That was before my time. How were the footed pajamas back then? What materials were they made of? Thanks for your reply!

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I remember wearing them as a child. It didn't take me very long to wear holes through the feet, even though they were vinyl.

pajamalover

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I stopped wearing them in the early 90's just before they stopped making them with the vinyl feet. I wish i never stopped wearing them. Yeah those older sleepers bring back so many memories. Interesting story, but that must have hurt. I always loved when I went to my bed and a footed sleeper was lying there for me to put on and zip up. I had a few pairs growing up. I had sleepers from Montgomery Ward, A couple Dr Dentons, and I believe Carter's as well. One had the neck tab you mentioned. I wish I still had all of them. However I do have an adult sized Montgomery Ward blanket sleeper and a few different Dr Denton adult blanket sleepers. Do you remember what brands you had?

IT hurt BAD, bad enough that I still cringe when I zip up and that was 30 some odd years ago. unfortunately I do not remember the brands but I think we would have gotten them from either The Bay or Sears.

Last edited:

Backinfootedsleepers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
Dogboy,

I remember when the vinyl would crack and split. I once wore a hole in the vinyl toecap of one of my sleepers.

Pajamalover,

I'm sure it did hurt. I'm also sure others had that experience as well. Sears made good blanket sleepers back then. They also sold The Winnie The Pooh line which went up to size 16. They were popular. Sears also did their own line as well up to size 16 as well as womens adult sizes. I actually recently got an 80's Sears blanket sleeper. They were nice sleepers.

Littlekitten93

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I remember having something similar happen to me after a bath at my grandmother's when I was 6. I am overly careful now to the point of putting my hand in front to keep the zipper away..

Backinfootedsleepers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
Ouch! I'm glad I never had that happen. I have great memories in them. Actually, reading some posts on here brings back many memories. Thanks for everyone's replies! If anyone else has any stories/experiences with older footed sleepers, please post.

StargazerBleu

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Incontinent
I remember having some of these as a kid.
Do not remember if had toecaps or not tho.
I remember being disappointed when they no longer fit me.
Tho they were worn out in the feet some by then tho.

Don't have vinyl kind tho I do have several footies. ^_^

Backinfootedsleepers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
Yeah that was the unfortunate part with them. The feet would crack. They were nice and warm though. I think they stopped using vinyl in the 90's.

Vinylfeet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I have posted almost this exact same thing. To me, white vinyl feet are the gold standard of footed pjs. I love my Snug As A Bug PJs, and I have become used to the black vinyl feet, but man I wish I could get them SOMEWHERE with white. Snug As A Bug appears to be using a very durable marine grade vinyl that lasts forever, and I would gladly try that same kind of vinyl in white. But the old PJs had that thin white vinyl that was felt backed and, yes, it would crack after a while. The last time I bought that in a store was probably 1999 in the women's section. I used to go hunting for flannel footed pj bottoms with the white vinyl shortly before Christmas. Sadly, the department stores have given way to dots on the feet.

You CAN buy that vinyl still at fabric stores. I have some hoarded up. I also have everything I need to make my own sleeper except enough time. I'm not great at sewing, but I can get by. No, I can make time! Gotta have some.

Backinfootedsleepers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
Vinylfeet,

Thanks for your post! Nice screen name too! I totally agree with you! The vinyl footed sleepers were the best. What fabric store did you find the felt backed vinyl at? Was it a chain fabric store? I would love to get some and have some custom sleepers made or change the feet on a modern sleeper and add toecaps.

LittleLinus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
Vintage footed pajamas (blanket sleepers) from my childhood are possibly on of my most favorite memories of being a little boy - besides diapers:smile:. I remember having rubbing our feet on the carpet and having shock wars with my brother. I also remember being zipped up to quick by my mom.

I am actually lucky enough to own 3 pairs of the original adult sized Dr. Denton footed pajamas. I have a light blue pair that has the striped white and blue collar and sleeve cuffs as well as the slick vinyl feet. I also have two pairs that are red with the red and white striped collar and sleeve cuffs as well as toe caps and the flap that snaps at the neck.IMG_20140219_245112_956.jpgIMG_20140219_244601_627.jpg

Backinfootedsleepers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
Littlelinus,

Thanks for the pics! Those are the exact sleepers I am talking about. They are awesome! What size are they?

Littlekitten93

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Vintage footed pajamas (blanket sleepers) from my childhood are possibly on of my most favorite memories of being a little boy - besides diapers:smile:. I remember having rubbing our feet on the carpet and having shock wars with my brother. I also remember being zipped up to quick by my mom.

I am actually lucky enough to own 3 pairs of the original adult sized Dr. Denton footed pajamas. I have a light blue pair that has the striped white and blue collar and sleeve cuffs as well as the slick vinyl feet. I also have two pairs that are red with the red and white striped collar and sleeve cuffs as well as toe caps and the flap that snaps at the neck.View attachment 20140View attachment 20141

OMG... I love those, they look like the ones I grew up wearing until I was 12, when I finally was too big to fit them with the feet cut off.

Backinfootedsleepers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
I actually had a red sleeper growing up just like that with toecaps, but without the neck tab. I think it was a Carter's brand sleeper. They made them up to larger child sizes back then. Dr Dentons were awesome!

Littlekitten93

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I still have my old one, I planned on using it to make a pattern so I could do my own, then found places that sold them in my size...just without the vinyl feet

Status
Not open for further replies.