• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Old Members Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
I have been thinking lately that the old TBDLers need a place to discuss topics with each other that they only know about... or want older members to know about. To be honest (sorry newer members) I don't feel as close to you guys as I do older members. Yes, that is because I have been around the TBDLers longer but those of you don't know about stuff like
Mickals Rubber Ducky :laugh:, skypecasts, battle trains, "pizza faced army pose", Fluff, Shodai's many faces...

I know this probably won't be lauded, however I think it would be nice for us oldies.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
What's an oldie? It shifts for everyone. Not to be mean about it, but to me, you're not one. To Shodai and the like, I wouldn't be. To Peachy and the real old-timers, we're all recent interlopers if they choose to see it that way.

The reason we have fond feelings for those times is because we were welcomed and included by the community at that time. If they had been turned inwards, we'd have missed out. We owe it to the new people coming in to give them a good welcome, show them around the place and make them feel at home. That doesn't mean we can't talk about old times, but I don't think we need a special place to do so.

Last edited:

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
No, Several reasons:

Where to draw the line? what is an oldtimer ans what isn't. The events you talked about happened over a long time, some people will know some but not others... You don't even TRULY know about the rubber ducky unless you where there, which, I'm sorry to tell you, you weren't. Does that mean, you should be left out?

What are you trying to do with this, drive new members away? because that is what this'd do. If they'd know about it or not. As people would shift deep insightful convo's there.making the rest of the forum of a lower quality.

There are some new people that know more about these things then people who've been here ages.

that enough? If you want more you can get more.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Marty said it perfectly, it'd just drive people away, and make them feel very, very left out. It's too exclusive.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
it'd just drive people away, and make them feel very, very left out. It's too exclusive.
VIP

I don't want to see that sort of bickering among respected users again as a result of yet another elusive user title especially when it's ambigious as 'old member'

No one at this time who's replied to this thread was around when I begin as a member on the TBDL forum. Does that make me more of an old member than you? If so shouldn't I be entitled to an 'ancient member' forum?

(Peachys cliques forum should be named 'pre-historic')

Nothing wrong with being nostalgic in the regulars forum. Maybe the unseasoned members could learn a thing or two from forum antics long past

Last edited:
F

FullMetal

I want a FullMetal Forum, where only I am allowed!

Can I get it....can I....can I have it....can I?!?!?!

Nah, though it would be cool.

Back on topic? Yes!

I think your intentions are good but it is just another thing to complain and deal with...and we have enough of those. Why not just leave things the way they are? Other than Shodai being here, we are good the way we are! Why change that (other than shodai, we should ban him or something...)

Oh and,

The back of yo head is ridiculous!

FullMetal

DISCLAIMER!
-There were no real word hurting sent towards Shodai in the making of this post-

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
The back of yo head is ridiculous!
So listen, um, I was wonderin', CAN I HAVE YO NUMBA?

What's yo name, delicate?
Oh Yvonne, Oh damn, hold up,
Thats a french ass name, Yvonne!

Yeah my lil' croissant,
My lil' cheese... on my croissant!

Yeahhh...
Mmmmmmmm....

Mysterious

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
This would only make the place more cliquey. If you want to talk to older members about stuff, why not PM them? It's really not fair to the newer members that they be excluded because of how long they'd be here.

Role
Diaper Lover
My tiny opinion votes yes on this idea that I think is good, therefore, it will never come around.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I was also going to suggest simply PMing them.

And try to make yourself feel as close with the newer members as you do the old. I do feel like I know the older members better, but I don't really want a forum full of them. :p
I'm liking the mix, new + old. Nold.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
I say Make a forum that requires you to be member for a certain time.

Boo hoo I'm leaving the new people out.

I know there are some topic i would feel better if I could post them in an area with out the Newbs. (well they are new)

Granted it should not be something more then 3-4 months requirement.

I think the requirements should be activity, after one month you can not see the forum but after a day of being active(loging on again) you'd be let back in, positive(at least one) rep,been a member for 3-4months with a post count of more then 100... again activity and stuff would be the goal of this one kinda like the old Vip.

This would give us Non vip's A chance to have some privacy against The Creepy people that come by and some of the more questionable members(Negative users). and the newer users we may not trust at this time. (hell I do not trust all the new ones.) It would also give us a place to hang out with some of the more active and mature (kinda) members like the old VIP one did.

It would Give the members something to stay and strive for And give us older members a place to have away from all the drama that is the reg forum. Kinda like oh wait The old vip forum.

And like moo said when debating something wait for the has not it would. You do not know that. Prove it first. Make a poll for newbs only.

And it does not take much to be a reg So that is why I do not post as much personal stuff in reg.

I think it is a great idea and would encourage people to stay and post to get to know people more. (we have a lot of lurkers)

first prson to make the comment we already have the regular and VIP forum so why would we need another one. Is going to get a shoe thrown at them :mad: Not everyone can become a VIP.

Role
Private
The problem, as Marty pointed out, is that there isn't a clear and definitive line as to when a person becomes an old-timer. Gradual changes are hard to measure, particularly when they occur within a social mindset.

Comparisons can only be drawn when there's enough history there that you can look at the beginning of your time here versus the present and observe a markedly big shift in your role here. For some people that might be a few months, for others it might be many years; no one is in a position here to determine when someone becomes an old-timer.

As far as I can see, someone's status on the forum is more or less altered on a case-by-case basis by other member's personal opinions of that user. There is no collective, generalised opinion of someone - which would be the system needed to sustain a board for long-standing members here.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Well I'll be off then shall I? Clearly I'm not wanted here because of my join date. I'd ask if you would help me pack my bags, but I doubt you would want to associate with a newbie!

That is how I felt as soon as I read your post drew, corri, or whatever you want to be called now. It would, as has been said, make the ADISC even more cliquey. And the thing is, such a forum would deduct from the content elsewhere - you would end up with people who only talked in that one forum, and that would deduct from the whole.

Also, the fact that this forum was there, whether people knew about it or not, would make older members seem more aloof and separate to newbies. It would become very intimidating. Perhaps that is what you want, to frighten off new people, but it isn't what you are going to get.

Now I can understand that you might not be as close to newbies, having not known us as long, but have you tried talking to us? If you try to stick with the people who have been here longer, then of course you won't feel close to the new people - you need interaction to get close to someone.

A forum like this is basically a big two finger salute to everyone who has joined since this became ADISC. If you only want to interact with older members that is fine, but, once someone has been around long enough and posted enough to become a regular (and I think the low time and post count for this is a very god idea - it is very welcoming) they shouldn't be separated from people who were here before an arbitrary date. I know full well that when I joined there were one or two threads saying how good it was in the old days and how newbies were the problem - I know this because it almost frightened me off. This forum would just make it worse.

Without new people ADISC will stagnate, an influx of people coming in and replacing members who get bored of the site is what keeps it active. When we join we want people to talk to and are often looking for support. Lets give support, not a cold shoulder!

Been as he was mentioned, how is Jeffy? Is he still with Peachy or has Mickal got him back? (of course, newbies know nothing of Mickal's Rubber Ducky :rolleyes:)

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
Okay now for the real reason why I made this thread:

Why do we have such an exclusive group like VIP?
See how unwelcome new members would feel for a group like this... what about our members that are already here?

Role
Private
I think you're reading into it too much.

It's just another board on here and not a very active one mind you. A small bonus for getting the bold green and the heightened privacy of it makes it good place to discuss more personal/sensitive issues, knowing you'll get all appropriate/helpful/non-discriminatory responses.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
I have been thinking lately that the old TBDLers need a place to discuss topics with each other that they only know about... or want older members to know about. To be honest (sorry newer members) I don't feel as close to you guys as I do older members. Yes, that is because I have been around the TBDLers longer but those of you don't know about stuff like
Mickals Rubber Ducky :laugh:, skypecasts, battle trains, "pizza faced army pose", Fluff, Shodai's many faces...

I know this probably won't be lauded, however I think it would be nice for us oldies.
What's wrong with making new friends? Just because some of us weren't around then doesn't mean that we can't become as good of friends as you made back then...:educate:

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
You rotten kids!
*shakes cane around*
... I don't even know if I'd be considered an oldbie. But canes are too much fun to pass up. xD
*chases random people around with the cane*

Status
Not open for further replies.