• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Old and in the way. abdl at age 50

Sagebrush

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Feeling sad. Really never had the opportunity to know that I wasn't alone in this. I started seeking out and obsessing over diapers very young. With no knowledge that it's ok and I'm ok. Lots of shame. And now I still feel alone because of my age 😔. I can't be the only abdl that feels like age makes them a leper in the abdl community. Sorry for the little pity party. Im hoping to meet others my age or about, and work through these feeling's.

Reactions: CubsFanBoy
Just checking what year this is.......doing the sum........got it! I'm 48 😃😲😭😂

Lots of old codgers on this site (some of the Canadians are even from BC, not AD 😛).

Tell us a bit more about yourself.
I'm an Englander and a former manual worker (currently disabled through work and running the gauntlet of welfare).
I'm a bit of a jack of all trades with regard to almost everything, so my interests can vary wildly, but are generally on technical and engineering side of things.

I'm DL, only (or Diaper Recreationalist, as I prefer) and quirky in other ways, too (I'd probably be pigeonholed as autistic, if I was a nipper nowadays).

Welcome, by the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: CubsFanBoy, armydipr and BobbiSueEllen
I have just finished my 63rd lap around the sun and will agree that I may not fit in with the younger crowd anymore. That does not mean everyone in the younger crowd will shun me. I have met some accepting younger people and some who shy away. It is no different than any other people in life. I am finding that self-acceptance is more important than how others perceive me. Being happy with myself and by myself is an important aspect of life.

Are we misfits? Maybe, maybe for sure, that is possible. We are who we are. If we do no harm to others and accept ourselves as we are, does it matter?

Older or younger we fall outside of the social "norms". That the younger not accepting the older, or vice versa, is a part of normal society.

I think many of us have felt the shame of our desires. Accepting who we are for ourselves helps ease the shame. Loneliness can be a part of being in a unique group of people. This group is part of that unique group, young and old.

Reactions: CubsFanBoy, 49beachdipe, BuffedBaby and 1 other person
I am 44. There are lots of people in this community that are over 40 and over 50. I have not noticed that people here care too much about everyone’s age.

Reactions: CubsFanBoy
Hello and welcome to ADISC! RedPandaDL is right about this community, the ages for active members here range from 18 - 90s.

I'm glad you joined this forum and community! I look forward to seeing you in some of the threads!

This community does help with acceptance and understanding, and not feeling so alien. I always thought I was the only one who had a strong desire to war diapers, and eventually pee in them.

Reactions: CubsFanBoy and RedPandaDL
neophyte said:
I always thought I was the only one who had a strong desire to war diapers, and eventually pee in them.
I am a little curious what exactly you do to your diapers before you pee in them. 🤣. Do they still hold the pee?

Oh and I forgot to say welcome Sagebrush!

^ LoL it's a mixture of simply wearing my diaper throughout the day for comfort; and eventually I'll have an uh-oh and have to wet my diaper!!

Reactions: RedPandaDL
Hi Sagebrush. Although I don’t like to give my exact age, I’m definitely in your range. Thankfully, I discovered I wasn’t alone in this interest in the mid 90s when I first got AOL (dial-up). What I have come to understand is that, no matter how old I get, there’s always a diaper wearing toddler alive and well inside of me. I love him very much, and it is a pleasure taking care of his needs as well as my own.

One of the few advantages of growing old, is progressively caring less and less about how others judge us. When enough important people in our lives have succumbed to injury or illness, we begin to understand that something as innocent and sweet as diapers (and other baby stuff) is really no big deal.

Anyway, that’s my brief 2 cents. Welcome to the community. Hope you can get to know more of us and not feel so isolated.

Reactions: CubsFanBoy, Daddiesauce and BobbiSueEllen
Sagebrush said:
Feeling sad. Really never had the opportunity to know that I wasn't alone in this. I started seeking out and obsessing over diapers very young. With no knowledge that it's ok and I'm ok. Lots of shame. And now I still feel alone because of my age 😔. I can't be the only abdl that feels like age makes them a leper in the abdl community. Sorry for the little pity party. Im hoping to meet others my age or about, and work through these feeling's.

hey Sagebrush, I just turned 60, your not alone in this. There are allot of us Sr’s out here. Like you most of us have been this way forever. Nothing to be ashamed of.... now you have company. Lots of life stories here, read them you will realize that you are not what you thought.

Reactions: CubsFanBoy, armydipr and Sagebrush
Age doesn't make you a leper. It rarely helps but it's manageable. The lack of self-acceptance will hurt you more. You may be late to the party but it's still good. Don't waste time.

Reactions: littlemoosey
old at 50? I'm 64 and whilst the body is starting to fail here and there I still am and always will be an AB. My mummy is my fiancee or my fiancee is my mummy, the only thing making you a leper is you. get in here and mix. Or perhaps like the old Silver Cross prams, we should start a forum for silver ab's!

Last edited:
Reactions: CubsFanBoy, armydipr, Sagebrush and 1 other person
I’m 64 as well and I’ve had a fetish involving plastic pants as far back as I can remember (~3 or 4). After having a seizure about 4 years ago I began needing diapers for incontinence so age has “justified” my use of both cloth diapers and plastic pants. At first I felt apprehensive but I have the advantage of living alone so I don’t have to please anyone, as well a home healthcare worker that eased the transition into diapers. It’s been my experience that it makes it much easier for others to be at ease with you if you’re at ease with yourself (I know it’s a bit of a cliche but it seems to hold true). With some folks it doesn’t seem to matter, like my home healthcare worker, but then they’re trained to react in a neutral manner. Cheer up, getting older beats the only other option!

Thanks Zeke, I'm glad to be among like minded folks like your self.

60 for me and it's just a number.

The best thing about getting older no one cares that you are incontinent and wear nappies.

Reactions: Suzie65
I'm 72 and a totally disabled vet so your in good company here. And welcom

I'm 71 and have been actively into diapers since the age of 12. Being AB/DL isn't something that ever goes away so the idea of age just creeps along with AB/DL as it does with everything else. I tend to feel old now for other reasons, like looking into the mirror especially when I get my hair cut. I hate those mirrors.

I'm 63 years of experience and still going string, just not quite as strong as when I was younger. I agree with previous posters who dealt with shame issues, I think we've all had our share. I know I did. I let go of it a long time ago fortunately. I've been in diapers for most of my life and I'm OK with that. I sleep better, I'm calmer and happier being diapered. This community is a great source of knowledge and support. There are some really wonderful people here. Welcome and be active.

ho I'm 56 and I just keep going like the energizing bunny. not

B

Back