Ohio AB meet...anyone going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I just saw this on Daily Diapers, there is going to be a North East AB convention in Youngstown, Ohio on the 26-27 of July (Saturday and Sunday) It looks very interesting and i might plan on going there. Theres going to be fun and games like kickball, a playground, and even a rubber ducky race!! Funny thing is that the park where the event is taking place is reserved, but there is no bathroom :eek: They do have a diaper changing area for those who need a quick change and such, but the whole event seems to be very civilized and well organized. here is the link for all the info

http://www.parkplacecrib.com/NEAB_CONVENTION.html

i was wondering if anyone is planning on going to this event, also i might try to pick up a person along the way (2 door coupes arent the best for long road trips :() any takers?

Role
Private
Not my idea of a fun time (the activities planned, that is), but hey, if you think it's going to be great, then I can't stop you. :p

I personally wouldn't meet with anyone who I haven't known for a while first. Just turning up to one of these random meets could be a bit dangerous. And from previous meets like this in the past, you'll get a turnout of the older crowd. Kids these days seem to be getting educated about the internet and not to meet up with strange people.

*shrugs* Just to point it out...

Kams

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
That's about a three hour drive from where I am, although I don't think I'll be attending.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't think I would go for a few reasons.

1) I'm not 18 yet.
2) I wouldn't feel safe in another country (even if its only a few hours away) with people I don't know.
3) I don't exactly trust Daily Diapers, don't know the people, and I wouldn't feel safe.

Not generalizing (well I am a little) but being a young female, considering the messages I get over AIM sometimes, I just wouldn't want to go to a meet with a ton of older men.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
Tallest, thats four hours from me and I would seriously consider going if you were....so, are you deffinatly going?

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
The older AB crowd isnt what interests me, but i was just seeing if anyone here was going so i could possibly meet them or something. true the games are somewhat childish (if not babyish), and it is Daily Diapers/Park Place Crib, but just meeting people with an interest as strange as this is comforting yet exciting. Mainly, i was just seeing who here might go so i could meet up with some others here on the forum.

Tallest, thats four hours from me and I would seriously consider going if you were....so, are you deffinatly going?
Its not 100% confirmed, i was just trying spark some interest by posting here so some of us could meet up sometime. IDK as of now, but there are plenty of spots available now so i have a little time to decide.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
OKay, well let me know what you do decide.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Hmm.. I don't think I'd ever want to go to an AB meet. It sounds a little... creepy to me.

It's just too reminiscent of Deeker's activities. I don't mean to offend, but a meet with 45-50 year old guys from DD in nothing but a diaper and maybe sissy clothes doesn't appeal to me too well. It might sound incredibly hypocritical, but I don't identify myself as an AB/TB at all.

I believe there is a completely different mindset between an adult baby and a babyfur.

Anyway, getting back on track, I hope the people who are going have a good time and a lot of fun.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Hmm.. I don't think I'd ever want to go to an AB meet. It sounds a little... creepy to me.

It's just too reminiscent of Deeker's activities. I don't mean to offend, but a meet with 45-50 year old guys from DD in nothing but a diaper and maybe sissy clothes doesn't appeal to me too well. It might sound incredibly hypocritical, but I don't identify myself as an AB/TB at all.

I believe there is a completely different mindset between an adult baby and a babyfur.

Anyway, getting back on track, I hope the people who are going have a good time and a lot of fun.
I went to a couple of small all-comers meets shortly before joining up here and while they weren't really my cup of tea, there wasn't anything creepy about them at all. That's not saying that you couldn't get a creepy meeting like that, but I think the tone of the messages that set up the gathering and just good luck prevailed. We had anywhere from five to fourteen attendees, we met in a public place, and there wasn't anything to identify us as anything other than a meeting of regular folks. While diapers came up, they weren't the primary topic of conversation, which should be expected for balanced humans.

The problem was, I didn't know any of them beforehand, so while it was okay to get out and meet people and walk around and hit the aquarium or the like, it was hard to really get to know anyone. I think getting to know people before meeting in person makes so much more sense, but I think it's also good to understand that these more haphazard meets aren't intrinsically bad, just different, and you'd do well to have an understanding of what kind of gathering it will be before you show up.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
ive b33n seeing MORE thread about public stuff with AB/DLs
ITS GETTING INTO THE PUBLIC EYE

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
it strikes me as odd how this is going to end up. they intend on holding an ab party, have people dress somewhat normally, but in a public (and from what it seems like) a heavily frequented park.
something tells me this might not go down all that well.
oh and i wouldn't be attending.

Abercrombiestud

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I am like 25 minutes from this park and I am shocked that an event like this is going to be taken place here.

Delta

Contributor
Role
Private
I am like 25 minutes from this park and I am shocked that an event like this is going to be taken place here.
You should walk by casually to see what's going on.

I think that these kind of events more likely to attract the embarrassment fetish community and hence a public place.

Abercrombiestud

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
You should walk by casually to see what's going on.

I think that these kind of events more likely to attract the embarrassment fetish community and hence a public place.
I definitely will atleast be driving by. The pavilion area of the park is kind of private but is still accessible by the public. We had our high school graduation luncheon at this same pavilion.

Status
Not open for further replies.