Ohgoddamnit,people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Itseemsmyspacebarbrokeoff.Ineedtoknowhowtoputitbackon.Seriously,Iamnotkeepingspaceonmypaste.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
did the actual bar come off the keyboard or is it attached but not making space when you press it?

If it just fell off, you can try to press it back into the little clips that hold the bar to the switch underneath, as the keys are designed to come off. If the clip is broken, you might need some superglue.

if the bar is attached but doesn't work, it may be time for a new keyboard. Try it on another computer if one is available, to verify the keyboard is bad.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Well, I put the spacebar back on, but it takes the strength of both of my hands make a space. What else should I do?

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Well, I put the spacebar back on, but it takes the strength of both of my hands make a space. What else should I do?
something isn't fitting right. Make sure the little metal spring thing is clipped all the way in on the bottom of the key.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
something isn't fitting right. Make sure the little metal spring thing is clipped all the way in on the bottom of the key.
What little metal spring thing?

This thread has served it's purpose. My spacebar is really wobbly, but it works great now.

Last edited by a moderator:

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
This thread has served it's purpose. My spacebar is really wobbly, but it works great now.
There is a thin metal wire, this isn't under the plastic catches you should see under the space bar. Other wise it's going to act like a seesaw.

If all fails, a new keyboard is relatively inexpensive.

Role
Diaper Lover
My keyboard has no metal springs just this plastic button which might have a spring in it. On a side note, when I played Go right, Championship edition, I rigged my keyboard so it held down right arrow and jump.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
If its a laptop, it could be the ribbon cable connecting it to the motherboard, that was my problem with my old laptop. Do NOT take it apart if your computer is still under warranty, it will void the warranty.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
I had to use an external keyboard for my old laptop for a while. I broke it by spilling something on it. I eventually sent it in for repair, but it wasn't so bad using an external keyboard. :laugh: This was about 3 or 4 years ago, I estimate (don't remember exactly). And now I have a different laptop anyway. But I'm much more careful with liquids!

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Haha nice video.

I actually had to replace the keyboard on this laptop over the summer because the C key stopped working. Damned thing cost me like $80. Yay proprietary hardware.

Chris H

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I had to get rid of my Logitech G15 because a lot of the keys stopped working.

I guess that's what happens when you clutter your desks with uncovered drinks to the point where you start spilling them. RIP G15. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.