Oh shit, you can lose your kids over your AB/DL lifestyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I take it that your daughter told you she told the principal because he asked her how she got that cut so you out two and two together and knew who called them. But at least it worked out well for you and she lady wasn't corrupt.

M

Marka

Alas, CPS and related policies are pretty scary -- for real! I think I made a post about this a few years ago, but in case not: I was playing with my kids in the downstairs "rec room" of our house. I kicked a plush soccer ball just as my five-year-old daughter was reaching for it, and my toenail scratched the back of her hand. She didn't seem too bothered by it, but we put a big band-aid on it anyway. The next day at school, an administrator glimpsed the band-aid and asked her what had happened. Being an innocent kindergartner, she was completely truthful: "Daddy kicked me." Well, that was it. Her principal called CPS on me, and they came to the house.

No April Fools.

The CPS lady was apologetic, and conceded that she didn't have a lot of information and that the incident seemed almost certain to have been an accident. I told her that it was, and after a few routine questions she was out the door, never to be heard from again. My wife and I were furious and immediately made an appointment with our daughter's principal, demanding to know why she'd called CPS. Her response was that they always call CPS for such things, and that district policy (this is a public school) doesn't permit any discretion. What a bullshit excuse. There didn't have to be any discretion. She could have asked my daughter to elaborate and she'd have immediately known it was an accident. But nope! Easier just to call CPS anyway, I guess.

Having no reason to be ashamed, we've since shared this story with most of our parent-friends, and discovered that a shocking number of them have had CPS called on them for similarly trivial reasons by school administrators in the area. We apparently have a very trigger-happy bunch of whack-jobs running the school systems around here.

So, can I see CPS being called because of a diaper blog? I absolutely can. Stay sharp!

And then we have the other side of the coin... real abuse is a serious issue... one or several reports are made... it's bluffed out, or not investigated thoroughly... a child suffers much, or perhaps dies...

The bite is needed, so is increased reasoning... some people are too overworked, or lack the proper skills to better evaluate... that and an increasingly litigious and liable society makes for error on the side of covering one's ass over any practical good...

I'm sorry that it happened to you, and glad that it worked out reasonably well considering... the school probably just dumped it off to CPS to alleviate some of their burden while covering their ass...

Without reviewing what the original 04/01 prank was in this thread... the right conditions of an AB/DL issue could actually become part of probable cause to investigate... and if your child, or CPS knows of it... I'd say your not doing something quite right ...it reflects on your discretionary judgement...

I wish for a time when good sense might be common... but, the pressure is on from all sides... Having worked in various agencies that demand reporting of suspicious activities relating to vulnerable populations...of which failure to report can earn you jail time, and fines, and a place in the job-seekers line... never-minding the ramifications of actual abuse not being properly attended to... it's a fine line we walk...

I'm not intending to cover for anyone's lack of good reasoning... we got to see all sides of this, and we got to do much better! I don't think this is a tasteful laughing matter...

respectfully,
-Marka

AnalogRTO

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I've been through the thing with CPS coming out to our place as well, not fun. For me, it was because my oldest daughter (18 at the time) decided she wanted to accuse me of molesting her over a several year period. Of course, the cops and CPS had to talk to my youngest daughter about it to make sure nothing was going on there. I do still laugh about the response of the youngest when asked if anyone ever tried touching her genitals...

"Yeah. The dog likes to try and stick his nose there."

I was fully cleared, most important to me was that my wife knew from the start that it was impossible for me to have done what I was accused of.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I still find it laughable how the time people on another forum thought social services should be involved because my husband fell and hurt his back and could barely move and it would take him 20 minutes to go to the bathroom and to go to the kitchen to get our son some food and then bringing it to him while I was at work. My husband wasn't getting any better so my parents stepped in to help us and only way they could help was drive all the way out here to get him and bring him back with them until my husband got better and I was very overwhelm at the time. My husband also is in chronic pain and has seizures so that is what caused him to hurt his back because he had one in the shower and fell down and hurt his back. Then Kaiser decided to send him to a doctor for his back who didn't know what the heck he was doing so he made the pain worse for my husband and he could then barely move and it was very painful when he did and people thought CPS should be involved for all this and to this day I still laugh about it because their opinion about CPS was so ridiculous. Sometimes you have to laugh about it than be upset about it because some people are so dumb and holier than thou, and self righteous they expect you to be god.

We did have a social worker show up once when my kid was three months and it's something our state does when you have a history of a mental illness or have a disability or had to go through intervention during your pregnancy so it's an automatic thing they do and CPS gets the report and the one here took so long to get to us because it's an automatic thing so they focus on other cases they deal with and then come to you to close the case. That is what my mom told me. If I was on drugs, then the kid would be taken at birth. Washington does the same too and my mom dealt with a patient who fled the state with her boyfriend to have the baby in Montana and they wouldn't give them any information from their previous doctor. The mother was on drugs and she didn't want her kid taken so she left the state because her family said to come out to Montana and have the baby. But wrong, they reported it because they were suspicious and it turned out she was trying to invade CPS and the baby was born unhealthy due to the drugs the mom was taking and the boyfriend went to jail for it too because he took her to Montana to have the baby and the kid was still taken. But my husband was upset when a social worker came and I didn't find it a big deal because nothing happened.

CodyBaby

Preschooler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I know its April fools joke, but I would seriously think if social services were involved they could take your kids out if they found out about you're ABDL lifestyle, they won't read about it and will just assume you're a pedophile or something, they are mostly extremely narrow minded persons at social services (at least in Canada in Quebec the DPJ would get the kids out in a flash, they are so huge organization here, the people that take decisions never see the kids or the parents at all, they are in a big building and never get out of there)

Luckyfish

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Someone found out about me and reported me to social services and a social worker showed up and they had copies of my blog and now they have taken my son and will take my daughter too when I have her. Only way to get them back is to take parenting classes and to give up my diapers and deal with the urge to go all the time or feeling like I am going to wet my pants.

April Fools

My heart skipped beats, i had a lump in my throat and felt lower then the coals burning in hell.
Good one!

Role
I was about to type "I did not know that, I'm going to stop", but then I wondered why the post was so long.....and......

tall2826

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
You had me there for a bit, no harm in a joke.

Capybyra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
Actually- there's reason to be concerned if we allow our IRL identity to become "too public" of a linkage as it risks our children being bullied or worse. Imkagine the kids in a school FB Sharing cut&paste of some stuff we post here.. All it takes is leaving a shared 'puter open and the drama begins. Look at the worst and best cases. "Legal Risks"are totally defined-or not- by stuff like Age&Sexuality contexts that "could" imply risks of crime. Even if we're using this as a Safe Space for typing out past traumas or just sharing fictions- if we Squick The Mundanes far enough, yeah- they will misread fiction as plans to do evil.

I'm medically IC, first from IBD/IBS and later from Cancer. I am thusly at risk for merely NEEDING diapers etc as if the public brands any part of AB/DL etc with the Stigma of adults in diapers= sexually bad- we're all going to be under a cloud. The ludicrous nature of such accusations.. that we're perverts of whatever sort ain;t an april fools bogeyman any more- We're at risk til the world grows up a bit. Yes- even being incontinent is now a risk of scrutiny.

- - - Updated - - -

Addendum and clarification to my above: The vast majority of us are what we are- we're not bad people and our kinks are harmless to anything but our wallets. It's when media hysteria demonizes anything- we're at risk of witch hunters. So if you write ficcys that are unduly edgy DO consider self auditing where yoo publish. As the Non_fictional echo of that OP's warning is based on what happens when someone pushes an edge of fiction.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
They have to know who you are first before they can take your kids.

CodyBaby

Preschooler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
They have to know who you are first before they can take your kids.

Sorry to blow your bubble up, but they probably already know your identity, most of the modern computers and ISP use some Cisco branded material and that brand will never admit this but they have a security override that allow them to take control of any device connected to them and spy whatever is on the network, encrypted or not since the NSA is the one that allowed people to have security encrypted keys, they have their backdoor in everything at the moment, but it won't be shared anywhere, people would freak out Snowden could reveal a lot more than we think.

Oceltot

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
I didn't fall for it. It read like a typical troll/liar post. But good try. Moo's joke was still the meanest one ever.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Sorry to blow your bubble up, but they probably already know your identity, most of the modern computers and ISP use some Cisco branded material and that brand will never admit this but they have a security override that allow them to take control of any device connected to them and spy whatever is on the network, encrypted or not since the NSA is the one that allowed people to have security encrypted keys, they have their backdoor in everything at the moment, but it won't be shared anywhere, people would freak out Snowden could reveal a lot more than we think.

I don't know anyone's IP on this forum and have no way of getting them (only the mods and admins would know) so anyone from social services reading this, how are they going to figure out my identity? Ask for my IP from Moo or any other admins?They can google this username all the want and get nothing. They will just get a bunch of webpages with that word.

CodyBaby

Preschooler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I don't know anyone's IP on this forum and have no way of getting them (only the mods and admins would know) so anyone from social services reading this, how are they going to figure out my identity? Ask for my IP from Moo or any other admins?They can google this username all the want and get nothing. They will just get a bunch of webpages with that word.

I don't want to scare the crap of anyone here so I'll avoid to do it, but lets just say I have some pretty good knowledge how to get IP and real ID of almost anyone on the Internet, I made the choice to never use that part of me for fear that it could lead me in a lot of troubles. Besides that, I'm not protected from this either, it can go in two ways. Just make sure that anything you post anywhere on the Internet can be used against you anytime, no matter how private or secure the website you use is supposed to be. By law most ISP are forced to keep tracks of every website you visit for at least a month, and some are supposed to delete them but they don't do it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.