• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

oh dude yeah I just remembered something..

Status
Not open for further replies.
.. that I wanted to post here!

I'm completely unaffected from buying diapers now. I seriously stood in the baby diapers aisle for 10 minutes last Wednesday just trying to decide what I would get. My heart wasn't even beating faster or anything.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Congratulations...Baby diapers aren't as embarrassing as adult diapers though...

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
The first time is always the hardest, buying either baby or adult diapers, after that you realize nothing is going to happen and if it does you don't care.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
^Very true.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I still get a little self conscious feeling, but I came up with a trick. I get a huge gift bag, and put the diapers in it w/the bar code face up. If no one is behind me, I ask the clerk to keep it private, and they should say ok. If someone is behind/by me, I just hand them the bag and they usually aren't dumb enough to pull the diapers out; they will just scan them with a hand scanner, (or whatever it's called). Works like a charm if your in a small local drugstore :) !!

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I still get a little self conscious feeling, but I came up with a trick. I get a huge gift bag, and put the diapers in it w/the bar code face up. If no one is behind me, I ask the clerk to keep it private, and they should say ok. If someone is behind/by me, I just hand them the bag and they usually aren't dumb enough to pull the diapers out; they will just scan them with a hand scanner, (or whatever it's called). Works like a charm if your in a small local drugstore :) !!
But then don't you have to buy a gift bag? Plus the cashier will know what you are really buying when it shows up on the register screen...

Y

Yumi

But then don't you have to buy a gift bag? Plus the cashier will know what you are really buying when it shows up on the register screen...
He said to tell the cashier to keep it private. He knew they would know, but not to like say it out loud or anything.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
He said to tell the cashier to keep it private. He knew they would know, but not to like say it out loud or anything.

Cashiers aren't allowed to do that anyway really...The only time a cashier would say what you have is if you are at a restaurant or something

T00L

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think the more you act like its not a big deal the better. Just go in acting like its not a big deal and no one else will think otherwise.

happyhelper

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I still get nervous buying diapers in a store. I'm not nearly as bad as I was, though. When I bought my first package of diapers from wal-mart, I probably circled the area for 45 mins before I thought the coast was clear to go pay. Now my only concern is seeing someone I know. I'm not sure how I would explain that one. Of course, I usually only buy the depend boost liners. All other diapers I get online.

TOAccountant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I remember when it was a huge deal for me to go buy them. Now its still gets my heart racing but I like that. I usually go in at off peak times anyway. I just go up with them in my hands and act normally. I have diffently gotten looks from other customers (mainly old people) The staff just seems more intrested in getting me through so they can relax. I guess for me its some what part of the excitment of having people know I'm buying diapers. I realize that they will likely think that its for a sibling (kid diapers) or a parent/grand parent (adult diapers) but in my head it doesn't matter. Even if I see some one I know I would use the excuse of a joke gift for it so its no big deal

Status
Not open for further replies.