Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
  5. Carer
Travel Diaper | DiaperBuds | Buy Online

Just thought I share this. Vacuum sealed diapers for easy of travel. Max out at size 5 but it could be the product of the future. Might start a trend of travel pack diapers that are compact. It would be nice to have adult diapers or even goodnites vacuum sealed to hide more easily in a backpack or closet.

Anyways, just a random find.

Rockie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Interesting Idea! This could go a long way with the more bulky diapers, such as the Abena X-Pluses.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Interesting Idea! This could go a long way with the more bulky diapers, such as the Abena X-Pluses.

Most diapers are already compressed for packaging. I prefer putting on a diaper that's had time to "relax" itself after removing it from the bag and unfolding and sit for a few hours in the cabinet. I have a few old bambino classicos here that have been relaxing for over a year and they've doubled in thickness. They do this for smaller storage and shipping of course. If you watch any video of a diaper manufacturing machine, they use hydraulic press to shove the diapers into the bag before sealing it.

Diapers that have been allowed to relax are a lot softer and not nearly as stiff. I've also tried throwing them in the dryer on low heat briefly. This works great but you really have to watch the time. 25 seconds is plenty. Too much more and the dryer will be filled with pulverized fluff. (and is quite a mess to clean up)

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
They say that this reduces the diaper to about 70% of the original size. However, it also transforms a largely flat diaper into a cube-like thing. I don't see a big advantage. In fact, it seems like it would be easier to slide flat diapers into a purse or diaper bag than it would be to load up on diaper-cubes. :shrug:

LL

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
In fact, it seems like it would be easier to slide flat diapers into a purse or diaper bag than it would be to load up on diaper-cubes.

See my previous post. Try sticking a diaper in a purse or bag and go around all day with it. When you return home, compare the diaper with one still in the bag. It'll be about double the size. Also these are advertised to fit in your pocket

C

Cherub

Vacuum sealed diapers for easy of travel. . . . .it could be the product of the future. Might start a trend of travel pack diapers that are compact. It would be nice to have adult diapers or even goodnites vacuum sealed to hide more easily in a backpack or closet.
I have already been doing this with regular zip-lock bags. I use the large 1 gallon sized freezer bags (Freezer bags because they are thicker ply of plastic, less likely to tear and able to be reused several times). I zip the bag about 3/4 shut, then press down on the diaper and expel as much air as I can, then while still pressing down on the diaper zip the bag the rest of the way closed. When you take the pressure off the bag, it tries to swell back up, and since it is zipped shut,,,,wa la! vacuumed sealed diaper bag. it IS great for travel!

Most diapers are already compressed for packaging. I prefer putting on a diaper that's had time to "relax" itself after removing it from the bag and unfolding and sit for a few hours in the cabinet. I have a few old bambino classicos here that have been relaxing for over a year and they've doubled in thickness. They do this for smaller storage and shipping of course. If you watch any video of a diaper manufacturing machine, they use hydraulic press to shove the diapers into the bag before sealing it.

Diapers that have been allowed to relax are a lot softer and not nearly as stiff. I've also tried throwing them in the dryer on low heat briefly. This works great but you really have to watch the time. 25 seconds is plenty. Too much more and the dryer will be filled with pulverized fluff. (and is quite a mess to clean up)

I agree with letting diapers expand from their original packing. I also know that this does work. I can't say I've ever let a diaper remain un-used for a year, but I can testify to the fact that diapers do expand after being taken out of the bag. I usually like to take 3 or 4 out of the bag, and let them 'relax' for a day or two before putting them on. Time permitting of course, lol

Rockie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other

I understand, and really enjoy "fluffed up" diapers. However, for travel purposes...

That said, I have some older Abenas that are really poofy. They're really nice. :biggrin:

twtw

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
In this age of pocket size, travel size, and data storage chips, it makes sense that the next thing to reduce is diapers.

Umm....sure?

Last edited:

ZakRoo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
"travel diapers" are how disposable diapers came about in the first place.
interesting idea to have them individually wrapped, but i really don't particularly see a need for it.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
"travel diapers" are how disposable diapers came about in the first place.
interesting idea to have them individually wrapped, but i really don't particularly see a need for it.

I can think of a number of examples of where having even just one more spare diaper would be incredibly valuable. A mother could easily drop a couple of these into that portable-hole of a purse "just in case". Or even a couple in the glovebox. I bet most parents would agree that's useful. Besides, individual loose diapers would be a lot more vulnerable to damage if tossed into a purse or glovebox.

I personally keep my few emergency spares compressed flat in 1gal ziplocs. Not only does it protect the diaper from damage and keep it like-new, it also is a good place to seal up the diaper it's replacing if immediate disposal isn't possible.

---------- Post added at 10:17 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

I have already been doing this with regular zip-lock bags. I use the large 1 gallon sized freezer bags (Freezer bags because they are thicker ply of plastic, less likely to tear and able to be reused several times). I zip the bag about 3/4 shut, then press down on the diaper and expel as much air as I can, then while still pressing down on the diaper zip the bag the rest of the way closed. When you take the pressure off the bag, it tries to swell back up, and since it is zipped shut,,,,wa la! vacuumed sealed diaper bag. it IS great for travel!

That's exactly what I do. :)

Gondola

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Ditto for me using ziplock bags allows me to take along at least a 2 week supply when I travel. For super convenience I seal into each bag extra small trash bags so disposal along the way in easy, clean and convenient.
Greetings from new member, Gondola

dayannight

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I don't know about ultra thin "travel diapers" but even if you can let your diaper "relax" out of its claustrophobic packaging it is still a good idea to give it a good shake with a flick of the wrist to ensure the fibres/gel beads are as evenly distributed as possible - aids against "clumping" and helps speedy pee absorbtion.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Interesting. My mom buys those Space Saver bags, like the ones you see on t.v. that you vacuum out the air, and they actually work! I'd really like to try stuffing some diapers in there and seeing how small I can get them. Diapers take up a lot of space in your luggage :/

Status
Not open for further replies.