Status
Not open for further replies.

Slomo

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I just got an Oculus Rift. Working through the free game Lucy's Tale, and have used their big screen app too.

The 3D imersion is so incredibly awesome. However, I did find that lower quality games and movies will only blow up the individual pixels. Take a 580p movie and project it on a theatre screen and you can see the individual pixels real easy (not oculus's fault), which makes it all too blurry.

Jealous. I'm a mobile VR gamer right now but I LOVE my huge immersive movie theaters. VR is the future and I love every bit of it.

That sounds awesome, I can't wait to get a VR setup once I have my own place and have enough room to properly setup one. I really want to try Fallout VR, that sounds like a great way to experience Fallout, I would also love to see a GTA VR, especially after playing around with first person mode in GTA V.

yoshiDL said:
That sounds awesome, I can't wait to get a VR setup once I have my own place and have enough room to properly setup one. I really want to try Fallout VR, that sounds like a great way to experience Fallout, I would also love to see a GTA VR, especially after playing around with first person mode in GTA V.

Yeah, you need about a 5ft x 7ft (optimal) clear area for the full VR setup. Not to mention the $500 rift, and a really good PC that for me cost about $1500- for just the tower. I saved for TWO Years just to get it, and now there's the game purchases too.

I know us mobile users can still get in on the Steam games to an extent if we use Trinus VR. It's a $10 app that basically sends a VR feed of your desktop so you can do anything you normally do on your computer but in VR. My computer is too old to play anything decent though. However, I have played my Doom3 Event Horizon mod in VR and it is absolutely incredible. To think I can actually trot around on my favorite movie spaceship is too cool. I know in the next few years the VR stuff I'll be doing will be mind-blowing.

Slomo said:
Yeah, you need about a 5ft x 7ft (optimal) clear area for the full VR setup. Not to mention the $500 rift, and a really good PC that for me cost about $1500- for just the tower. I saved for TWO Years just to get it, and now there's the game purchases too.

I already have the PC for it (GTX 1080, i7 7700k, 16gb DDr4, etc), I just need the room as I'm limited on space at the moment. I'm waiting for the price of VR to drop and the platforms to mature some. I really hope they can get it a little less clunky, hopefully in the near future they can eliminate most of if not all of the wires so you can move around more freely. What are your favorite VR games?

I have the tower, just no money to buy the Rift.

I keep wondering if I should get a Rift or a Vive. One of these days I'll decide...

FluffyTheGryphon said:
I keep wondering if I should get a Rift or a Vive. One of these days I'll decide...

I considered that too. The rift has more development, support and research behind it, and more games too. In truth, the Vive is just trying (and succeeding) to be a slightly cheaper knock off of the Rift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back