OAB struggles

OmiOMy

A padded elfin enby
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
This morning I had the bathroom dream. I had to wait for the roommate to get out of the bathroom to take care of what was left of the bladder.

The last three days have been a nightmare combination of unknown-reason stress and wildly active OAB. I'm trying not to let the OAB win out—it would literally be a trip every 45 minutes if I did, which would result in a couple of days of basically zero control until I forcibly put myself through a retrain. I've had to do this before: I've been able to basically strongarm a few days of control into my body at a time until it just gives out again and I'm back to having basically nothing while the muscles rest.

And just trying to "hang in there" isn't particularly helpful either. There's a "flutter" in there sending a misleading signal. It's hard to tell if I can relax or if I need to hold harder—and when I do hold harder I can feel myself slipping, so it never helps anyway no matter how close to losing it I am.

I thought it was bad last year, but this year has been some kind of record. The bedwetting in particular has progressed, and not surprising me at all none of my doctors wanted to look into any causes or anything.

I wonder if it's because they think it's a fibro inevitability.

Or if there literally is just nothing to be done about it.

I'll ask again at my next appointment.

• Wow
Reactions: jspoter
Sorry to hear your OAB is getting worse as time pass’s you seem to be on the same path I was on 5 years ago it took a few unexpected accidents to before I decided to simply wear a diaper 24/7 as a just incase but it only took a short time for me to to decide to simply use my diaper as I was no making it to the bathroom most of the the time,

I have to say I do not regret my decision to give up the fight to retain what control I still had being in a diaper I can trust has made life better and I no longer have to race to a bathroom in a feeble effort to try to make it and I have to admit its a great feeling to know if I am stuck in traffic the need to pee is no longer an issue :)

only you can decide if its time to give up the battle and hopefully your urologist can come up with a plan to keep you dry with out wearing 24/7 but be prepared for the probable enviably of needing to be diapered 24/7 I skipped the meds my urologist recommended after doing research into how well they work and the side effects and just went with diapers to manage my bladder issues.

My boss is on a med thats in the same family as the one my doctor recommended for my bladder issue and he is experiencing memory and concentration loss (side effect) but insists on staying on the meds as it’s controlling his blood sugar with out needing inselin.

Reactions: jspoter
I hate that flutter, quivering that you can have for hours. Hang in there, sometimes drinking more water, a heating pad, or just relaxing helps.

I find that Holiday stress is getting to my bladder as well.
Yesterday I lost a lot of the feeling in my bladder, and I can not tell when I have to go. ( not the first time this has happened )
So, yay, I had to deal with unexpected flooding AND small spasms !!!

Yes... Holidays are a problem... especially Christmas... It‘s hard to keep the diet and then the body strikes back...

Back