OAB and making the toilet

WoodenBelly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
How long do you normally go before the flood gates open? They’ve been opening usually right when I start to take it out. It’s like I don’t even have to try once in front of the toilet, just boom.

And if I ignore the urge sitting down, it’s somewhat okay.. Getting better actually, same with at night. BUT wether it’s in the morning or during the game, the minute I start walking it’s a race

For me its now down to seconds and most times my bladder simply releases with zero warnings, yesterday we were out and about and I noticed my diaper was wet and I did not notice I had peed and could not remember it happening.

Reactions: Eclectic, Deleted member 49265, Wetshisbed and 1 other person
Id say im 1 min or less on both before it comes either im ready or not

This morning woke up good to go, went to the bathroom to you know, start the day. BAM hit me out of nowhere, like what the f. That’s a big reason as of now I wear at night, for my morning because high chance it’ll happen when I get up and walk

If I’m standing up or walking around when an urge happens, I generally have a minute or two before I start urinating involuntarily. If I’m sitting or lying down, an urge will often pass without my losing control. But as soon as I then stand up, the flood gates then open immediately. Sometimes, I also lose it when I stand up even though I have not felt an urge while sitting or lying down.

Inconinmiss said:
If I’m standing up or walking around when an urge happens, I generally have a minute or two before I start urinating involuntarily. If I’m sitting or lying down, an urge will often pass without my losing control. But as soon as I then stand up, the flood gates then open immediately. Sometimes, I also lose it when I stand up even though I have not felt an urge while sitting or lying down.
Yes. Exactly.

Went in a long drive through the mountains, I thought it’d be bad in the car but it was just fine. Once we got to our destination and I walked out, oh fml. Like I said, I’m getting better with no BW, but I feel as if I should wear because the second I get up, boom

Driving can be irritating, twisting road too that is until you stop...

Seems standing is most problematic for many of us. It's like with an urge happens, we are playing musical chairs. Instead of circling chairs, you are chanting mantras to calm the mind and bladder. Fighting a random timer set for zero to 60 seconds before the music stops. Whoosh! That's when you send a silent pray to the diaper-goddess against leaks.

How many have aftershocks? Seems that after I void (toilet or otherwise), my bladder and/or pelvic floor at times will continue to have followup pressure/spasms with little or nothing resulting. This drives me crazy. I can be standing around afterwards and I have to stop for a second because of these aftershocks.

Normaly I don't wait until it's t late. I have a timetable for drinking and toilet visits so in most off cases it went maenwhile pretty well. How ever if a cramp really hit's me I lose normally immediately most of my bladder content in an episode. With an urge I can cope somehow but with a cramp not. In this case it matters little if I sit, stand or lay. But standing up or even rolling in the bed at night can be definitely a trigger. I'm not sure what you mean with aftershocks, but if I cramp it can also happen that the bladder starts to flatter afterwards. But this is for me not that painful as the cramp itself.

Last edited:
daylight said:
Driving can be irritating, twisting road too that is until you stop...

Seems standing is most problematic for many of us. It's like with an urge happens, we are playing musical chairs. Instead of circling chairs, you are chanting mantras to calm the mind and bladder. Fighting a random timer set for zero to 60 seconds before the music stops. Whoosh! That's when you send a silent pray to the diaper-goddess against leaks.

How many have aftershocks? Seems that after I void (toilet or otherwise), my bladder and/or pelvic floor at times will continue to have followup pressure/spasms with little or nothing resulting. This drives me crazy. I can be standing around afterwards and I have to stop for a second because of these aftershocks.

I like that term.. aftershocks better explains it

Well, then it’s probably the same that I have also sometimes... It’s feels a bit like muscle twitches not painful but just uncomfortable.

Reactions: WoodenBelly
Over the last few years the time between feeling the urge and getting to the bathroom has gradually decreased to the extent that I rarely make it without wetting myself! Likewise during the night. I used to wake up and go the bathroom, then found I was dribbling as I walked, and I now wet all the time in my sleep

Reactions: Wetshisbed
I have no feeling in my bladder or anything connected with urinating. The only way I can tell I let loose is the wrm feeling in my diapers .No spasams no cramps. I think I prefer it that way from what some of you go through.

• Love
Reactions: Sidewinder
I get strong urge that turn into spasms, and trying to hold back gets more and more painful until I finally came hold back anymore. It's not such a problem when I'm at home - I'm always near a bathroom, it's never occurred, and I'm not surrounded by people who is rather not have know that I have to pee RIGHT NOW. Plus, I can always squeeze my urethra closed with my fingers if I start to leak.

Out in public is completely different. I may not be close to the bathroom, it may be already occupied, I've got people around who might be less than understanding if they realized that I was about to wet myself. Plus, I may be in the middle of something - assembling a piece of machinery, a conference call, a meeting, a job interview - that I can't just get and leave. And sticking my hand down the front of my pants while I get to the bathroom is generally frowned on.

Diapers keep me from having to wait until the spasms are excruciating, and keep me dry all the times I can't make it anyway.

Rob110 said:
For me its now down to seconds and most times my bladder simply releases with zero warnings, yesterday we were out and about and I noticed my diaper was wet and I did not notice I had peed and could not remember it happening.
Happens to me all the time

Suzie65 said:
Over the last few years the time between feeling the urge and getting to the bathroom has gradually decreased to the extent that I rarely make it without wetting myself! Likewise during the night. I used to wake up and go the bathroom, then found I was dribbling as I walked, and I now wet all the time in my sleep
I wet in my sleep every night. My continence problems started with bedwetting and gradually increased to daytime wetting.

Reactions: jamie72 and Suzie65
boomer2480 said:
I have no feeling in my bladder or anything connected with urinating. The only way I can tell I let loose is the wrm feeling in my diapers .No spasams no cramps. I think I prefer it that way from what some of you go through.
It’s the same for me and I’m likewise grateful I don’t suffer from cramps or spasms

WoodenBelly said:
How long do you normally go before the flood gates open? They’ve been opening usually right when I start to take it out. It’s like I don’t even have to try once in front of the toilet, just boom.

And if I ignore the urge sitting down, it’s somewhat okay.. Getting better actually, same with at night. BUT wether it’s in the morning or during the game, the minute I start walking it’s a race
What's an oab?

OH! I have that, I just didn't know what it meant. I used to have what my pediatrician called an "uncontrollable bladder". My bladder would just release without any warning.

Back