Nuk4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwanensee

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I have a question: What is the NUK4? Because on Amazon, I found it as an "adult pacifier". Is it actually a size between 3 and 5, or does Germany just lable it differently than the rest of the world, and it's simply a NUK5?

Hi the NUK 4 Maxi Trainer was for children 3 years upwards and had a blue mouthguard and red handle. Hasn't been made for a while but the small (size S) version of the adult Saugtrainer is often unofficially called NUK 4 now.

A nuk4 I was told is for little ones in preschool or usually in grade one, some adults have small enough mouths for them like me. They are quite cozy but most people have a nuk5

They stopped making the size 4? I didn't know that. Learn something new everyday.

But yeah, the size 4 has the same size teat, just basically no stem on the teat. The Size 5 has a longer stem on the teat, since it's meant for an adult.

But if you're able, and are wanting one, I'd recommend getting a Nuk 6 or Nuk 7 from Pacifiers R Us, or another site. I used a Nuk 3 for many years, and eventually got a Nuk 4. I love it, and loved my Nuk 5 even more. But I was blown away when I was able to try a Nuk 7 (it's not officially made by Nuk, but it's in the same shape / style as theirs, so it could easily pass). It was amazing to have a pacifier that actually fit in my mouth really well. The others didn't fit in my mouth the way a pacifier was supposed too. But having the Nuk 7, was amazing. I sucked my thumb until recently. It was really nice to have something that gave me the feeling of sucking my thumb again. It was very soothing and relaxing.

Now I'm even more confused...the NUK 4 L is clearly labeled for adults as a medical device against snoring, as far as I understood it...and it's completely white. Maybe it's really just a German thing? I heard that this specific one is not available anymore outside of Germany, so you might not know what I'm talking about...I'll put a link here.

www.amazon.de/Mapa-10107021-NUK-Sau...53543306&sr=8-1&keywords=NUK+Saugtrainer+gr+4

The picture in the link is a Nuk 5. You can tell by the longer stem on the teat, plus the all white color. Later today, if I get time, I'll take a couple of pics of mine & upload them to show you.

All right :) I think I'll order that one next month, when I have the house for myself. Thankies^^

Schwanensee said:
All right :) I think I'll order that one next month, when I have the house for myself. Thankies^^

OK. I've got a break where I was able to get my pacis out and take a picture.

IMG_2759.jpg
In that picture, you should see both the Nuk 4 and the Nuk 5. You can see the differences in the size and length of the nipple.

I personally prefer the Nuk 7. It's not officially made by Nuk, but it has a nipple that's made to resemble them.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_2757.jpg

In the above picture, you should be able to see the size differences in the pacifiers. From left to right:

Nuk 3, Nuk 4, Nuk 5, & Nuk 7

Attachments

• IMG_2755.jpg
    IMG_2755.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Thanks a lot! It would be a bit difficult for me to order the "nuk 7", but I have a rather small mouth and since the Nuk 3 is almost big enough the nuk 5 should be good. I think the Nuk 4 that people above referred to is really the small size of the one I found on amazon...Germany is weird. Then again, they're made in Germany, so maybe the whole world is weird :p

I'm going away for a week an am going to be living in a youth hostel with other people...still trying to decide whether or not to take a pacifier with me.

The Nuk 5 works for a bunch of people. I used one for several years before Pacifers 'r Us, came out with their Nuk 7. The Nuk 7, is almost an identical nipple, just a bit longer. For people like myself who sucked their thumbs way past when we should have, the 7 better represented my thumb & fit in my mouth better. It was really relaxing to use it.

Hopefully, the 5 will work for you.

The 5 is all white, with a larger shield than regular Nuk's. You can switch out the shield for a more colorful one. I'm not sure how, tho. There's a few companies that you can order from & they'll do whatever color you want. Baby-Pants & Pacifiers R Us are the only ones that I know of that do that stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

The Nuk 5 works for a bunch of people. I used one for several years before Pacifers 'r Us, came out with their Nuk 7. The Nuk 7, is almost an identical nipple, just a bit longer. For people like myself who sucked their thumbs way past when we should have, the 7 better represented my thumb & fit in my mouth better. It was really relaxing to use it.

Hopefully, the 5 will work for you.

The 5 is all white, with a larger shield than regular Nuk's. You can switch out the shield for a more colorful one. I'm not sure how, tho. There's a few companies that you can order from & they'll do whatever color you want. Baby-Pants & Pacifiers R Us are the only ones that I know of that do that stuff.

I don't mind an all white one, but I think I know how I could switch it out...probably won't though. I might decorate it with a waterproof sharpie^^

I'm still a student so I don't have that much money at hand, and the pacifiers from those ABDL websites are all so expensive, the one I found only costs about half as much without shipping. Also, it's more about having one at night so I sleep better (I have real sleep problems and this seems to help), so the colour doesn't matter much.

I never really sucked my thumb, I had a pacifier as a kid and even that not for too long (but also not too short, my parents just kind of let me figure out on my own how long I need one) so it's just that I need one that doesn't fall out once I relax my mouth, the Nuk 3 tends to do that (I put glow-in-the-dark stickers on it so I can find it at night).

I need to go now...I'm taking my paci with me since large groups of people stress me out and it helps keeping me calm. Won't be able to use it at night, though...ah well.

Bye bye :3

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back