NUK Medic Pro L: guard is too small+ pacifier falls out of mouth during the the night

PaciL0ver

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I notice that the guards of the NUK Medic Pro L are very small, not an adult size. It should certainly be 2 centimeters longer in length to cover my lips. Also in height it seems little. The uncovered space between the pacifier and my nose is also very large.

The NUK Medic Pro L guard may be larger than a baby pacifier, but it seems to be more suitable for eleven to twelve year olds. Certainly not for an adult. Are there good quality pacifiers with a larger guard?

I also notice that my pacifier always falls out of my mouth during the night. What could that be due to? Is the nipple too small?

Firstly, nuk do a range of size, but their guards are pretty much standard, Try having a look at your preferred AB shop for a nuk 5 with a childish guard, but one that is designed for adults. Secondly even real babies lose their dummies at night. When you are asleep your jaw and moth tend to relax and the dummy slips out. Which is why I always use a dummy clip and lead, that way I can find the dummy again.

Although I wound up transitioning to a larger pacifier, I got quite used to the NUK 5 in its day. It took some practice for it to stay with me all night but was eventually pretty reliable. As for the guard, the best one I found for that was from https://baby-pants.com/pacifiers.php but others may have that style as well. It is easy to take it apart and insert a new nipple when the old one wears out.

Back