NUK 5 big on teens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gamebaby

I have never ever used one but want to some day. I use pacifiers but is the NUK 5 niple really big or what. I looked on the site and codent find out for sure.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Its the biggest on the pacifier market. I'll upload a photo of mine later and it will be on my standard QWERTY keyboard so you can judge the size of it. Anyways I think its really worth it. I think its twice as large as the size 3 pacifiers from Nuk.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
good question. i've always wondered about the comfortability as well. could you take a picture of it next to a ruler? if anyone has a nuk 4 could the same be done with that as well?

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I would of had the image in this post itself but I hate using photobucket on dial-up. Anyways here's a image of it. http://www.adisc.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1177&cat=2

The pacifier is in a zip lock sandwich bag to help keep it clean when its in my desk drawer. Arrow keys on all keyboards I seen are the same size as mine and the nipple can cover all 4 of them if they were all in a square.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Thanks for the picture, dear.

I imagine that would make my mouth uncomfortable, because the nuk3 for me is comfortable, I bet the 4 would be good for myself.

E

Error404

Thanks for the picture, dear.

I imagine that would make my mouth uncomfortable, because the nuk3 for me is comfortable, I bet the 4 would be good for myself.
The Nuk4 is very much like the nuk5, very little difference honestly.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
I personally prefer the Nuk 3...
However the Nuk 5 is a more "scaled up" version and looks more natural for it to be in anyone's mouth.

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I heard that the nuk 4 isn't any different than a nuk 5. But not sure because I only have nuk 3's and a nuk 5. But there are pacifiers bigger than nuk 5's that I've seen on a couple of sites, and my bf even bought one, but they are very uncomfortable.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
oh so there's no size difference between a 4 and 5? then what is the difference?

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
oh so there's no size difference between a 4 and 5? then what is the difference?
from what I heard there wasn't any, but if there is it is very, very little difference.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
There is a size difference in the nipple I don't know about the shield however. So nuk 5 is the largest on the market. I seen a photo online of a size comparison of a nuk 3, 4 and 5, I just don't recall where.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Nuk4 was designed for teenagers, Nuk5 is for adults. Both are for that speech therapy stuff.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Nuk4 was designed for teenagers, Nuk5 is for adults. Both are for that speech therapy stuff.
I was in Speech therapy for like 15 years and I never got a pacifier. :(

Until I bought my own of course

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
yeah i dont understand how pacifiers are used in speech therapy
btw i use a nuk 3 and it fits kinda comfy though i still will probably get a nuk 5 sometime soon hopefully

RileyKilo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I'm a pretty small girl, and the nuk5 works much more effectively as a gag than as a pacifier. I generally just goto the pharmacy and find the largest paci they have and get that, way less expensive and alot more comfortable for me. I know bigger babies that the NUK5 fits just like a baby paci, so it might now be perfect for you smaller babies, or bigger babies with little mouths...

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
When i received mine from PacifiersRUs.com, they also included a little manual describing it's usage. I dont recall the entire thing off my head, but i do recall it has to do with restoring speech impediments after patients have come out of long term comas. It also helps deliver feeding tubes into the mouth to restore chewing functions of the mouth. Not 100% sure on this, but i definitely remember seeing some of this in the manual provided with my paci.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
When i received mine from PacifiersRUs.com, they also included a little manual describing it's usage. I dont recall the entire thing off my head, but i do recall it has to do with restoring speech impediments after patients have come out of long term comas. It also helps deliver feeding tubes into the mouth to restore chewing functions of the mouth. Not 100% sure on this, but i definitely remember seeing some of this in the manual provided with my paci.
I still got mine, its in German (duh!), English and Hrench I think. I'll even post pictures of that if anyone wants me too, with the standard box as well. I thought they would be nice to have and I could also use it as a excuse since I do have a speech impediment I guess. Either that or my vocal cords have always been $^*#&( up.

Status
Not open for further replies.