Now that I know my likes and dislikes, I’d like some diaper recommendations?

Leigh443

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
Hi
I’ve spent quite a while in diapers the past few weeks and I’ve come to learn what I do and don’t like. I was wondering if anyone could take a look and suggest some more brands to try?
I currently use tena slip maxi and Abena L4. I like both of these because they’re soft and they feel contoured around the legs. I still don’t feel comfortable enough to lie on my side though.
I have tykables unicorns too and I do like them, but they’re scratchy (I’m autistic and sensory sensitive). I like their capacity though.

- soft
- good leg guards
- sticky tabs
- large landing zones

Dislikes
- very plasticy feel or scratchy
- bad leg guards
- no odour protection
- diapers that loosen quickly

I’m open to pull up styles or slips and I don’t mind patterned or plain as I wear mainly for comfort.

Thank you!

Lil Monsters are really good! I've never leaked in them before, they are lightly scented and have pretty good odor guard!
They are super comfy and has a great landing strip :)
They are also pretty darn cheap on amazon

Reactions: Leigh443
The funny thing is, all of your likes are pretty much found in the big brand abdl diapers. As long as you avoid some of the smaller stuff, and some of the cheaper medical diapers you’re golden.

Reactions: Leigh443 and Florencio
Rearz is always a good option. They are very big and babylike. If you want something smaller and softer then use little for big diapers. They have a softness that you can't explain. I like crinklz but they have no landing zone and are a bit small around the bum.

In my experience this is a bit of a try and error kind of thing.
BabyLink9 said it already, but your checklist is almost like everyone elses would look like, and you should find something that fitts your taste.

Leigh443 said:
Dislikes
- very plasticy feel or scratchy

Do you mean that plastic layer on the outside? Or something else? It sounds like you are more for the cotton type diaper...
This could be a bit of an exception, as far as I observed it, diaper types with a plastic cover are preferred.
I had some brands in the past, with an anoying wing type. At least for me, that irritated me.

I settled for the BetterDry at the moment, but I also liked Abenas. Truth be told, I would like a more "adjustable" type.

Last edited:
Generally I do prefer cloth backed but if the leg guards fit well enough not to be scratchy then I’ll wear plastic.

SissyatHeart said:
Rearz is always a good option. They are very big and babylike. If you want something smaller and softer then use little for big diapers. They have a softness that you can't explain. I like crinklz but they have no landing zone and are a bit small around the bum.
I’ve just bought some barnyards because I know they’re highly regarded.

As far as tykables being scratchy I know what you mean, the outer plastic is a little stiff or thicker then most other diapers, if you want soft plastic the rearz line of dinosaurs, barn yards and more then likely alpaca have super soft plastic and has way more capacity then the abena and tena's your using. Plus the prints are very nice.

Reactions: Leigh443
DeanHow said:
Putting all the premium AB diaper to one side. Would you wear cotton feel? For me personally, I find ID Expert feel comfy, leg guards are good and they are discrete. The only thing is, they do not have a landing zone and they are like a Velcro taps, great to undo and redo as needed. I say again, they are comfy 🙂
Yes, I do like cotton feel :)

Back