Novamed, VivaActive, Aidapt and Flufsan - UK

PCS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If you google “adult nappies” in the UK, you often get results coming up with nappies no-one ever mentions here.

In particular, Novamed, VivaActive, Aidapt and Flufsan.

Has anyone used any of these and can comment on their effectiveness?

I’ve heared about Flufsan many years ago. They were sold in France somehow. The ratings weren’t very good. In any case, I’d say that if we ABDLs never heared of diaper brand, it’s either very new or quite bad quality.

Sorry don't know them. Vaugley remember viva-active . And if I remember right I was interested.. only medical I really used was Lille . They were pretty good. Tried tenna . Lots of pros/cons , but boring to me. And that's about it. Other brands I tried have been forgotten.. (probably for the best)

I've bought Aidapt before (from Amazon I think) I liked the graphics / logo and the fact they did small, easy to conceal packs. However the absorbency was pretty dire.

Are any plastic-backed?

jellyjigger said:
Are any plastic-backed?
Aidapt are plastic backed, don't know about the others

sambus said:
Aidapt are plastic backed, don't know about the others
Are you sure from experience?

The packaging says “breathable” but if they are plastic I’d be tempted to give them a whirl even if they are thin.

I've never heard of any of these brands before you mentioned them! 😂

Vivactive are cloth backed slips made for Choice Shops in the uk.

Viva Active had quite decent capacity. Reseal capability is also very good. If used together with plastic pants, excellent overall performance.
Price is also very good.
Not so good for proactive longer walk outside house, with tendencybto sratch after 2 hours. For home use during day, excellent.

Reactions: SAPexpanded
PCS said:
Are you sure from experience?

The packaging says “breathable” but if they are plastic I’d be tempted to give them a whirl even if they are thin.
Sorry for slow reply but I had to search them out from my loft. Yes my packet says breathable as well but they are indeed plastic backed. It is a rather matte plastic not very slippery. Maybe it has tiny perforations.

Attachments

• CIMG3277.JPG
    CIMG3277.JPG
    441.3 KB · Views: 29
  • CIMG3205.JPG
    CIMG3205.JPG
    304.1 KB · Views: 26
sambus said:
Sorry for slow reply but I had to search them out from my loft. Yes my packet says breathable as well but they are indeed plastic backed. It is a rather matte plastic not very slippery. Maybe it has tiny perforations.
Thank you Sambus!

Interesting indeed.

I see there’s a Union Flag on the package, but does it say where they’re made, just out of interest?

Sorry I put them straight back in the loft and I only get chance to access when others are out like this afternoon! The website states that the company head office is in St Helens, Merseyside but I will forensically examine the package when I get the chance again later in the week. Here is a link to the product:

You have to double up Aidapts, worst absorption of an adult nappy I've ever encounted.
-
GISW

Back