Notice the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalHeadTiffany

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
Has anyone noticed that the moon and two other planets are aligned into a fixed triangle tonight?

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Nope didn't know that but i'll go take a look. :)

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Unless 3 points are on a line, they always make a triangle.

Jewbacca

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
no no, sometimes one side is too small and the triangle just can't be formed, even though we're just talking about points, it's still a possibility. :tongueout:

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
no no, sometimes one side is too small and the triangle just can't be formed, even though we're just talking about points, it's still a possibility. :tongueout:
You're thinking of combinations of side lengths that aren't possible.. but 3 points that are not colinear always make a triangle :p.

closet dl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Not really. We have snow and sleet here, so I can't see the moon and stars.

Jewbacca

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
You're thinking of combinations of side lengths that aren't possible.. but 3 points that are not colinear always make a triangle :p.
You should know I was only joking, I am an engineer after all.

snydead

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Hmmm, I didn't know that. Sometimes the moon changes colors too, It would change to blue or orange. I heard that it's supposedly mars or neptune that's close to the earth (not sure if it's true though).

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
This topic has got me all confused because now I'm wondering if there's some sort of curved space where there could exist 3 points not in a straight line that don't define a triangle.

Non-euclidean geometry is not a good thing to think about when you're really, really tired. Especially when you know very little about it.

Thomas_A

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Has anyone noticed that the moon and two other planets are aligned into a fixed triangle tonight?
The moon right now is at it's waxing stage, where it appears to be shrinking into a dark circle. Those two planets, which looked completely spectacular by the way, is Venus and Jupiter. I am a space junkie if you haven't noticed.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Too cloudy here. I can see the moon, but not any planets or stars.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I noticed it as I was looking at the Virginia moon. I thought the other two points of light were stars, but then one of them started to move. It joined up with the other one and they appeared to be getting bigger. Suddenly I realized that they weren't getting bigger, they were getting closer! Before I could run into the house they were hovering over my me. I tried to move but I was frozen. Then one of the crafts shone a beam down on me. It was a tractor beam, and I was slowly being pulled upward into the great ship. Once inside they confronted me and complimented me on my shirt. This seemed ridiculously strange, but I said thanks and advised them that they had come to a backward planet, and that surely they could do better. They agreed and returned me to my front yard. Now the moon seems somehow lonely without it's companion heavenly bodies.

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
weren't 2 stars.

They were Moon, Venus (the brighter) and Jupiter ;) .

Anyway, this is possible because in this period both planets are well visible during the sunset.

You can see Venus as the brighter, athen the moon (isn't hard to recognize it :p), and Jupiter as another bright spot (a bit less bright).

You can see them because their position in solar sistem are "far" from sun from our perspective as you can see from this link:
http://www.heavens-above.com/planets.aspx?Session=kebgcobcdddhjklnklclhjie
(if you can't see the page you have to register on the site "heavens Above")

For the moon, when is in crescent Phase we saw it raise not long time after the sunrise and set not long time after the sunset.

if you are interested in the topic and wants more info, you have only to ask ;)

Last edited:
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Now we just have to wait for that triangle to align perfectly with the Bermuda Triangle

That's when the aliens come to earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.