Notice for Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Any old subsections everyone wants back, such as the Babyfur forum, or any of the missing forum features such as a gallery, custom user titles, or member groups will come back eventually. Please stop asking for them back, you'll all need to just bear with it all for a few more weeks. Remember, this forum is *temporary*. Until we know if all the old data can be recovered, Moo is intentionally leaving this forum with the bare essentials, since it would be a waste of time installing and making all of the old custom features we used to have, only to discover we get the old forum back.

If the data is gone for good, Then Moo will focus on re-installing and editing the forum software back to what we had, but until then, everyone will just have to be patient.

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Bringing the old site back. Would that include all the rankings. Which i was hoping would have to be redone so everyone would be in there correct rank.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Bringing the old site back. Would that include all the rankings. Which i was hoping would have to be redone so everyone would be in there correct rank.
If the database can be recovered then all the information will be back. only some of the features will have to be redone. If the PHP files for the site can also be recovered then it'll be the same as it used to be.

Bobkitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
Yus! Have Hope! *Crosses Paw Digits*
Awesome announcement Kraiden ^.^

hanzertas

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Cool. It would be nice because there is alot of useful information in those old threads.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think your doing a great job, considering all you have lost, it takes time to get everything back, that is if you can get everything back, I imagine you would have lost alot more.

People just have to be patient, this stuff just does not happen overnight....

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Also: the Reputation system is currently broken, since everyone is currently locked at 10 rep. Adding positive or Neg rep does NOTHING.

*cries a bit inside*

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Yeah I understand Kraiden...to everyone who is anxious to get the site back to the way it was set up just think of it this way. Why should moo start reprogramming now when it is unkown if the data will be covered? If he did that and data was recovered then that would just mean he did pointless work, making him work way harder when he is already working hard. Just be patient people and be greatful the site is back up and running period. I am anxious too but as the say "patience is avert you." I think thats how it goes haha.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Reputation schmeputation! Having had a rather high rep count myself (I think it was 140?), you would think that I would care that the reputation system be fixed... but personally, the adventures I've had with the new forum over the past few days have really trained me to understand why no reputation system is great. I like that we all just have one little green dot next to our name! It makes us all more equal and removes any kind of hidden tug-of-war. If it's restored, then so be it, but I'm mostly glad that the forum is up and working again!

As for the sub-forums? Meh, even though I was a frequent visitor on the older-member oriented one ... I like doing without them. I can log on and see at a quick glance where the new posts are -- personally, I like it this way the most!

Kudos to those kicking their ass to get things working in order again!

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I have a questions kraiden since the sites data might not come back has moo been doing anymore features to this? I mean if the old data can not be revived then he has to start all over so has he started just in case. Oh and the rep thing needs to be fixed.

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Kraiden has answered this, Moo hasn't started doing anything to this forum because he hasn't heard back from the guys trying to get the old site back. Once he has heard their answer (hopefully good) Moo will go from there. Why work non stop making the rep and stuff on here, only to find out that the old site was salvaged and he just worked non stop to make this site better for nothing......

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Well i think its just a popularity game but if its going to be there it should work. And it's better moo dose the work onhere and it ends up being unneeded then him not and it ends up needed. I was just saying better safe then sorry. And from what i read it sounded like kraiden was sayings they are doing some work on it.

Attachments

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i don't care too much about the old rep scores getting lost, but i hope there's eventually going to be a way to give people reputation points. we need a way to rep bad people off the site -- i've already noticed at least one person who was banned before who's now joined back up.

also it's really nice to be able to give people some positive feedback when they post something particularly cool.

Last edited:

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well i think its just a popularity game but if its going to be there it should work. And it's better moo dose the work onhere and it ends up being unneeded then him not and it ends up needed. I was just saying better safe then sorry. And from what i read it sounded like kraiden was sayings they are doing some work on it.
Were that this Moo's full-time job and were that he being compensated for it, I might agree, but it's not, and all that matters most is that we have the ability to actively communicate and keep in contact with one another. Many thanks to Moo for that. This is something that he does out of his spare time, and given that, I believe he should be allowed to take as much time as he desires to do what he thinks needs to be done. Work done without knowing if the old material is salvageable is a potential waste of time, and nobody's time deserves to be wasted recreating what might still exist.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.