Nothing fits

RoseofThorns

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I'm in a weird place with the diapers. I don't in the only one but it's got me feeling defeated lately. I found i could fit in the largest pullups. I saw something on another brand so i tried those and they didn't fit so i went back to pullups but now they don't fit. I like the cloth nappies but for IBS I prefer disposable. I'm also not a fan of the huge nappies. The cloth i have are also not great fitting. My ez fix is making my own soaker for the cloth but was wondering if there's any recommendations for brands. Seems I have larger thighs than my waist says i should

TheBob

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Are you having a problem with kids pull-ups or adult products?

RoseofThorns

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
TheBob said:
Are you having a problem with kids pull-ups or adult products?
Both the adults are too big the kids too small

TheBob

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Have you tried Attends X-small?

Last edited:

RoseofThorns

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
TheBob said:
Have you tried Attends X-small?
I haven't found that. I'll look, thank you. Normally the adults go up to my ribs lol

inconsurferdude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Not sure you're size but without diapers I'm a 28 to 30 inch waist, and I also have larger thighs. I think I been through exactly what you're talking about. I was constantly changing loose leaky pull-ups for years after I should have been in diapers because of this.

Tranquility ATN's and Depends Briefs (the ones with three tapes) both fit smaller than other brands, at least in my experience. I wear a Medium in ATN's and "S/M" in Depends. I tried the Small ATN's first, but they barely fit and the bottom tapes would always snap way before the diaper needed to be changed. If your smaller than me they might fit, but Small ATN's are cloth-backed (Medium and larger are plastic-backed) so they're not ideal for IBS even with plastic pants over them (which you should definitely be using anyways).

Depends aren't great for IBS (I wear them on their own a few times a week for working out and messing in them sucks) but if you can change immediately they'll contain everything other than odor for a few minutes.

It seems like I'm always recommending these, but Medium ATN's are probably your best bet, especially if you play around with the lower tapes. You basically want them either angled "upwards" (without "crossing" the "scrunchy" part of the where the leg gathers meet the front) or straight across much lower to make a "cuff" around your thighs. The fit is really boxy so either way you should angle the top tapes down. If they're on correctly they won't rise higher in the back than the front, so pretty much just like they appear in the picture on the pack's plastic wrap.

I hope that makes sense. I've never uploaded pictures here before, but if seeing how they fit on me would help you I can try.

Reactions: RoseofThorns

RoseofThorns

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
inconsurferdude said:
Not sure you're size but without diapers I'm a 28 to 30 inch waist, and I also have larger thighs. I think I been through exactly what you're talking about. I was constantly changing loose leaky pull-ups for years after I should have been in diapers because of this.

Tranquility ATN's and Depends Briefs (the ones with three tapes) both fit smaller than other brands, at least in my experience. I wear a Medium in ATN's and "S/M" in Depends. I tried the Small ATN's first, but they barely fit and the bottom tapes would always snap way before the diaper needed to be changed. If your smaller than me they might fit, but Small ATN's are cloth-backed (Medium and larger are plastic-backed) so they're not ideal for IBS even with plastic pants over them (which you should definitely be using anyways).

Depends aren't great for IBS (I wear them on their own a few times a week for working out and messing in them sucks) but if you can change immediately they'll contain everything other than odor for a few minutes.

It seems like I'm always recommending these, but Medium ATN's are probably your best bet, especially if you play around with the lower tapes. You basically want them either angled "upwards" (without "crossing" the "scrunchy" part of the where the leg gathers meet the front) or straight across much lower to make a "cuff" around your thighs. The fit is really boxy so either way you should angle the top tapes down. If they're on correctly they won't rise higher in the back than the front, so pretty much just like they appear in the picture on the pack's plastic wrap.

I hope that makes sense. I've never uploaded pictures here before, but if seeing how they fit on me would help you I can try.
Yes that makes sense! Thank you! And my waist is 30/31 without anything

Reactions: inconsurferdude

badger50

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
RoseofThorns said:
I'm in a weird place with the diapers. I don't in the only one but it's got me feeling defeated lately. I found i could fit in the largest pullups. I saw something on another brand so i tried those and they didn't fit so i went back to pullups but now they don't fit. I like the cloth nappies but for IBS I prefer disposable. I'm also not a fan of the huge nappies. The cloth i have are also not great fitting. My ez fix is making my own soaker for the cloth but was wondering if there's any recommendations for brands. Seems I have larger thighs than my waist says i should

Diaper manufacturers seem to cater for a certain thigh to waist ratio. I’m not particularly large, but some medium products won’t fit me because of thigh size, not waist size. Needless to say I get lost in a large!

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I was a dedicated drug/supplement free powerlifter from the age of 12 until 5-6 weeks before life as I knew it came to a radical end on Jan 18 2004. My upper thighs, despite not being able to lift in nearly 20 years are STILL like deformed tree trunks, as is my neck, chest (although chest blends into the gut these days....at least I don't look anywhere near as heavy as I actually am LOL) and I've always simply worn larger sized diapers than what I need...so long as there's no gaps anywhere between ones skin and the diaper, leak guards etc, there will be no leaks. Most of the time I fit in most brands Large, but there are at least 4-5 brands that I have to wear their X-L. Thankfully I pretty much stick to Betterdry L, Abena L4 (daytime) and when I have a few extra bucks some Megamax.

Jorelaxed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Try the Betterdry medium, Confidri 24/7 or Trest Elites.