Not nervous buying diapers anymore!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKing1391

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Well you guys said it best, buying diapers each time gets easier and easier, I wasnt even really that nervous that time, in fact I wasnt nervous, I mean I had it in the back of my mind that I could get caught, but I wasnt really nervous, I just left Walgreens and Cvs(went to 2 different stores) and bought boys goodnites and pull-ups 4t5t and it was very nice quick and easy....it really does get easier, Im really happy right now....Would any of yall like to share your experiance buying diapers when you weren't nervous anymore?

Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Well i can't say that there was much of a story to my non-nervous experiences, but I've happily reached that point. The last time i went out to buy, my cashier was an Uber Hot chick, and it didn't seem the least bit uncomfortable for me to be holding two packages of diapers for her to charge me for. :)

onikitsune

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
  5. Other
I'm happy for you! Here's to looking forward to more no-jitters diaper purchases.
I don't think I can remember the first time I bought diapers without almost wetting myself. *cymbal crash*

chamberpot

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I am no longer nervous when buying diapers, x-mass eve i stopped at two different rit-aid drugstores and bought them both out of their overnight absorbancy adult pull ups which work very well for me.. 3 at one store and 2 at another .. 80 diapers total which should last me though next month.

babymissy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Carer
I'm an ole lady, so it is perfectly natural for me to be buying diapers of all sorts. I can imagine, though, it would be very anxiety provoking for a young man to be buying diapers - congratulations! Really though, you should be free to buy whatever you want, whenever you want without judgement. But, yes, I could understand the terror of meeting someone you know, with a arm full of diapers.

TraumaChick

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
My first package came from a friend of mine who is wheelchair bound and had some that weren't working for him, but today I bought my first package! I watched Sons of Anarchy all day and walked in there like I was MFing Gemma Teller lol xD - take no BS style and bought them, tattoos showing and all. Rawr! :D I was super excited!!

wishitfit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'd have to say I stopped being nervous about three years ago. But, I always buy baby diapers so I doubt anyone would find that strange as I am well old enough to be a parent. Lately I've actually found it exciting to see the attractive female cashier touching my diapers!

jcdave

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I finally bought some diapers this week instead of relying on samples. I had no fear whatsoever. I guess I was just ready to make the official jump into diaperdom that purchasing them was more fun than frightening.

onecho

The Reluctant Lord of Liminal Space
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
Oh those days... how I don't miss them...

I did get over the nervousness for the most part. I don't think I could EVER get over the nerves entirely. There would always be some part of me that would worry about bumping into someone I knew...

However, it's all online now for me and I much prefer it: better selection, discreteness and availability.

cgh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
It does get easier each time as you've discovered. I'm also an online shopper now (it's cheaper) but I do remember how nervous I was the first time I bought from a store. :)

TheWolfEmperor

Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Really though, you should be free to buy whatever you want, whenever you want without judgement.

I'll admit that I was also nervous at first. I was fifteen and the Grand Union was only a block from my house. My mother had worked there in the past and I'm sure she still knew people from those days as it was only a few years prior. Oh and I lived in a small Vermont town, which translates into "Yourbusinesisoursville" which meant that even if I didn't have to worry about my mother, I would have to worry about any classmates, etc.

But I was also there super early in the morning on a Saturday, when most of my classmates were no doubt unaware that five AM existed.

Over the years of working customer service I have learned that getting "caught" only applies when you are doing something illegal. Which you would not be doing by buying something at a store and going through the checkout area. If you didn't need a perscription to get it and it's your money being used to purchase the product, the cashier has no right but to keep his mouth shut and ring you out. And if he gives you a hard time, call the store later and complain. Don't even need to identify yourself, but know that if you sound rational and competent, the cashier in question will be reprimanded.

I think most of us as adults know our rights and it gets easier.

tigerboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
  4. Other
I fail to see how anyone can be nervous shopping, you are just buying stuff, same as anyone else!

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I fail to see how anyone can be nervous shopping, you are just buying stuff, same as anyone else!

I'd say the common reason is that we're putting them to a weird purpose and would be embarassed if anyone knew. I know it's ludicrous but back when I first started buying, it felt like everyone knew what I was up to and of course they'd disapprove. Maybe you're not that embarassed or you just have a more rational way of looking at it. It took a good while before that kind of inner dread died down. It's a pretty vague scratching at the back of my mind now when I go to buy in a store and in a way I miss how it used to really get my heart pounding.

LittleGirlLost

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Other
I'm not really embarrassed about buying anything these days - diapers/incontinence products, I have a fictional grandmother in my head who I pretend I'm buying them for. Make up a story and repeat it back to myself in my head - it works to have a well rehearsed cover up lie.
Worst time was the 1st time - nice young man stocking shelves, there weren't any adult ones in my size so I decided to ask if they had any in the stock room. I'm pretty sure he picked up on my B/S story soon enough, I managed to keep a straight face and get out of there fast at least. It wasn't too bad - I've been in some pretty horrendously cringe worthy (non AB/DL related) situations before and it's all worked out just dandy.

anned

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have been buying them for 40+ years and in the early years i was a EMT and if anyone had asked i was buying them for someone i knew that was disabled and had a hard time getting to the store.

Now that i am 61 i could care less if they knew that they were for me because i am disabled.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I was really nervous when I started buying my first diapers, back in High School. But after time you realize that nobody really cares! Although that realization took away some of the intrigue of it. My wife has added some of that back though! :giggles:

AEsahaettr

Diapered Oracle
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
  4. Other
I used to be really nervous about buying diapers. This lasted the first few times I bought them, until the third or fourth time I realized that cashiers don't give a shit. Since then, I've changed my MO and get in line for the cutest girl on the cashier's line.

funseeker

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It is really no big deal. The checker must focus on checking out the order and really does not care if you are buying diapers or not. It is a different story if you know the checker. Hopefully you can use an auto check out line if you have this fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.