Not enough fat ppl in diapers to meet a stable supply & demand

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eiiree

Odd title, I know :p

Anyways I've been buying diapers in stores for about a year now and the trip I have to make just to find 26 waist sized diapers is ridiculous.

Theres a Rite Aid down the street from me and everytime I go there they never have any small sized Rite Store brand diapers, they might have Depends small sized but I never bother with Depends. Now today I didn't feel like making any big walks and was out so I had bought the large size at my local Rite Aid. Now I'm upset. They really suck because they are just too big and slide down sometimes. I should wear a belt or something with them, they're that baaadddd :sad:. I might start buying online soon.

Anyways, anyone else ever have this problem? It really sux.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
At 26 inches, I would just use Goodnites. :| I have a 25 inch waist, it's what I use. And Underjams, sometimes.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Well if you're small, then it's not really a problem with fat people...It's more of a problem that they aren't catering to the smaller community...

JustInCase

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Well you can't really blame the diaper, it's just too big for you. I'm surprised they didn't have any medium sized diapers, in all the pharmacies where I live they are the most common size. It's always better to save your money and wait until they have some in your size rather than spending money on a diaper that doesn't fit, patience pays off! If there's no adult diapers in your size you could get the largest size training pants and you might be able to just barley fit size 6 diapers.

Ordering online is always best since you can get a much better quality diaper. XP medical is my favorite but you can buy from many other medical sites, amazon sells diapers too and sometimes they can have some good deals.

Last edited:

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
i say nay! there are ALOT of fat people, hairy too, they arent buying the store diapers though, they are buying all of the girls pullups!!

(then taking pics and posting them as avatars)

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
i say nay! there are ALOT of fat people, hairy too, they arent buying the store diapers though, they are buying all of the girls pullups!!

(then taking pics and posting them as avatars)

Yup. That's pretty much it.

Just order online. I am really thin and I've looked for smaller sizes of certain diapers but can't. It's annoying because I'm in this limbo state where I'm slightly too big for baby diapers, and slightly too small for most adult diapers that you can easily find. I just rock Goodnites until something changes.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Yup. That's pretty much it.

Just order online. I am really thin and I've looked for smaller sizes of certain diapers but can't. It's annoying because I'm in this limbo state where I'm slightly too big for baby diapers, and slightly too small for most adult diapers that you can easily find. I just rock Goodnites until something changes.

How about some of the youth sized diapers Jake? Attends are pretty good, and Abena makes a X-Small/Youth size as well...

redtails

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Other
A 26-waist is considered fat? I'm about a 33... I must be a blob!

Do you even read the thread before posting a reply. He said there are too many big people, so there aren't a lot of stores that sell small sized nappies because the demand is so puny

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Hello!! You live in America. A large percentage of people are overweight, especially older people who tend to purchase adult diapers in the store. Since I've been skinny all my life, I've been in the same predicament. Don't be afraid to purchase online. Way better diapers and sizes for thinner people, not to mention you don't have to face the potentially judgmental cashier.
Spaz

B

BabyWolf

In general, small-sized diapers are also worse quality than the Medium and Large ones. Generally, if you're in the upper ranges for your size, it's usually better to buy one size up. You can always pull the tapes in a little more, and the larger diapers hold more. I can fit a Medium, but I buy Large because of this.

SteveC1981

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
  2. Private
Actually, in my experiences when it comes to purchasing(limited as they are...), I've never seen any size small adult diapers in the store. Although it's probably still true a larger size would hold more, a large Depends can be like a parachute (you'd have to be really big to be too big for a large).

dprdinky

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
Most stores focus on 2 sizes: Mediums and Large. If there is a hospital supply store, go to them and see if they have small sizes, if not request disposables in Youth sizes.

Otherwise as has been mentioned, there are online sites you can get the desire sizes you need.

One of those places is: Tranquility Incontinence Products...The Home Caring Brand

They do have x-small and small sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.