Not being able to wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm sorry if the title is a bit vague, but I couldn't think of a more short and to the point title.

Anyways, I've noticed that I have a hard time wetting when I'm not standing or in a bathroom.

Even when I really need to go sometimes I have a hard time wetting while lying down, sitting, or not in a bathroom.

I can manage do wet a bit while standing when not in a bathroom, but I still have problems.

I also notice that I get a REALLY strong urge to go when I enter a bathroom; even when I didn't feel the urge before.

Anyone else notice this? I mean I know it's because I've been toilet trained, but it's really annoying not being able to go anywhere.

tbjay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Heh

It gets easier over time. But is that a good thing? Depends who you ask.

I know what you mean. I often have to stand up to really wet, but overtime I could wet while sitting on the computer or laying down usually when watching television on the floor in nothing but my pullup and a t-shirt

If you're wearing a diaper good, but those of us in "potty training," leak like crazy with pullups. Keep that in mind.

I think the only thing you can do is just relax and progress (or, regress, ) little by little and eventually it'll be just something you can do. I still have to try to be wet, and it ruins the experience. My bladder could be in explode mode when I sleep, and when I wake up I'm dry and don't have to go until sometime later like before my shower.

Stay patient kiddo!

:)

AbbeyJunction

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur, Sissy, Carer, Other
It gets easier with time. I had that problem for ahwhile. First i got used to wetting in my room standing up. then i worked on sitting and wetting in my room. then so on and fourth. now im working on laying down and wetting and can do it public.

doubledbbw

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Yes Miles it will get a lot easier for you to wet when diapered. It seems for me that the wetter my diapers get the easier it is for me to wet them. I also have no problem doing it at night when asleep either but that is another story. So good luck on wetting your diapers in the future and be careful of leaks. A good pair or two of plastic pants will help to prevent that.:smile::smile:

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Thanks you two.

I can go when I stand up (even in public) but it's never anywhere near what I can do while in the bathroom.

Also is there any other way to learn how to wet out of the bathroom faster? I only have about $20 left in my wallet and I don't want to waste all my diapers just trying to learn how to wet without standing up.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Believe me, it gets easier. In fact, the only reason I have to stand up to wet is because I'm afraid my diaper will leak all over the chair/bed, and won't *that* be a fun one to have to explain. :rolleyes:

Left

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
ya im with you
cant wait till i can pee layign down in bed
hopefully lead to bedwetting..
hmm

Role
Other
Thanks you two.

I can go when I stand up (even in public) but it's never anywhere near what I can do while in the bathroom.

Also is there any other way to learn how to wet out of the bathroom faster? I only have about $20 left in my wallet and I don't want to waste all my diapers just trying to learn how to wet without standing up.
Relax, if possible close your eyes, and imagine you are in the bathroom, then go.

Oh and diapers aren't really designed to absorb what you can do in the bathroom, slower is better.

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover,
we are only 300 miles away from each other, we could go half way and ill load you up with diapers

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Relax, if possible close your eyes, and imagine you are in the bathroom, then go.

Oh and diapers aren't really designed to absorb what you can do in the bathroom, slower is better.
I tried that a few times, but I really didn't get myself relaxed enough.

we are only 300 miles away from each other, we could go half way and ill load you up with diapers
Nah, I don't have a car and all my time is taken up by class.
Thanks for the offer though.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Ahh, the ever present problem for people starting out with diapers. Your body isn't used to it and is trained to go into the toilet. This is what you have to overcome to go in diapers. Almost a lifetimes training that this is what you DO NOT do. Still, there are some tricks (a lot of which I haven't learned yet myself).

For one, use gravity - standing is the easiest, then you can move on to sitting and finally lying down. Start with the easiest of these and develop from there. Once you get more used to going standing, then try sitting down. Once you can go sitting aim for lying down.

Also, if you find it easier in the toilet, start there. Then slowly move further away. You have to disassociate going with the location where you are going. Moving further away each time you go will do this.

Unfortunately when you do go, you will also be programmed to flood, after all, when you go in the loo you let it all out, don't you? Some of us like this though it is more likely to leak and uses the diaper less efficiently. If you want to work on this, then wait until you are more comfortable with going in general - then slowly try to reduce the amount that you let out with each wetting. While you are teaching yourself to go in the first place this will be difficult to control, so that is why it is important to get the hang of going first.

Relaxation is important. For one you have to be relaxed about going and trust you will not leak - fear of leaking makes it 10 times harder. You have to be physically relaxed, if you are tense it will also be far harder to go. Make sure you are comfortable with what you are doing, if you are sure that you want to try and go here and now it will be easier. The frame of mind is probably more important then how much is in the bladder.

Still, bladder contents are important. Try to drink a little more than usual, not much, just enough to have more to put out. If there is more need to go, then it will be easier to go in a diaper. Again, as you get more used to it you won't need to drink more because you will just be able to go when you need to.

Trust us, it does get easier! And some of us are still in the process of getting used to going in them even if we have had more experience then you. Almost everyone goes through it - and almost everyone gets over it. It is a product of time and experience, and not much more.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

--- mzkkbprmt

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
Yeah, I was like that before I was a Diaper Veteran! Try diaper training yourself. First, pee in a diaper on the toilet. Then, standing in the bathroom. Then, in your bedroom... on a chair... in the car... you name it, it takes practice. Good luck!

tom

Role
Diaper Lover
I also notice that I get a REALLY strong urge to go when I enter a bathroom; even when I didn't feel the urge before.
Interestingly, I've noticed that, and I cant find any explanation for it. I find that I seem to have the urge to go more so when I'm wearing a diaper than when I'm not. Maybe its just because my mind's thinking about wetting more.

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Thanks guys.
I've already got the whole thing down with standing and going (even when not in the bathroom)
And just today I was able to go while sitting down at my computer chair (though my bladder was about to burst regardless)

Interesting thing though. When I go outside the bathroom, I don't flood like I would if I were using the toilet. I really have to try hard to let my bladder loose to do that.

Hopefully this doesn't change, and I'll be sure to take those tips to heart.
Thank you!

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Interesting thing though. When I go outside the bathroom, I don't flood like I would if I were using the toilet. I really have to try hard to let my bladder loose to do that.

Well it's better not to flood a diaper...Otherwise there is a greater chance of it leaking

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer

Good advice, thats what I did in the beginning to get better with it, cause I used to have the same problem as him. Only problem I still have is sometimes having a long delay or not able to if its only a little bit when laying down flat, on an incline I can.

I beg to differ, most diapers are not built to do what you can do in the bathroom. I never had an abena x-plus leak for a first time wetting by flooding.

Shen

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Perfectly normal. You'll get used to it.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
my experience...

I never had a problem wetting standing up. Wetting sitting down took some getting used to but now its second nature. As for wetting while lying down... I can't do it for the life of me. I have tried all the relax tips but to no avail. It sucks because when I was in the hospital and diapered, I had to get up out of bed to stand up and pee---in a diaper. The nurse was dumbfounded.

for those wondering why I chose to wear a diaper in the hospital. My vagus nerve was acting up after surgery so I was extremely prone to passing out. The side effect of that was you couldn't go anywhere alone and your bladder empties out involuntary when you do faint.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
You may also be uptight about getting the mattress wet again, so a plastic mattress cover should help with that. The plastic pants idea is a good one. I suppose you will have to wait until you get more money to buy those things. In the meantime, when trying to wet, think of things that excite you. That helps me a lot. Also try rubbing your stomach ever so lightly. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.