not a girl thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

santa22

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
i been looking some videos on youtube the past few days (before i discovered this forum) of people reviewing, and also videos of people peeing and pooing in diapers.
but i noticed that they are mostly all boys, and not many girls.
just cirous how many girls actually really do this.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
i been looking some videos on youtube the past few days (before i discovered this forum) of people reviewing, and also videos of people peeing and pooing in diapers.
but i noticed that they are mostly all boys, and not many girls.
just cirous how many girls actually really do this.
Well, I can't answer for specific diaper practices and YouTube exhibitionism, but a number of polls -- here and on other sites -- have suggested that the male:female ABDL ratio is about 9:1. Specific numbers often cause arguments, though. Suffice it to say, the signs point to ABDL being overwhelmingly male.

santa22

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
well i really just looked up the videos to see how much of a thing it was, and was quite surprised, then discovered this website.

KatelynG

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Me as well! You're just not looking at the right people probably. Keep in mind that most real-life meetups that aren't site-related (at least what I've been to) have closer to an even ratio of boys:girls, despite the fact that a lot of ABDL websites are mostly boys.

santa22

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
its my guess (and hope i dont offend you or Catinthehat when i say this) most girls just dont like disgusting things like playing in the mud, pooping themself. but i did search girls but not much came up (but a weird video of a girl putting a banana in a diaper :dontgetit: )

M

Maxx

Unscientifically, I suspect a more even ratio as well. Girls might be a little more careful about outing themselves on youtube. There seem to be a lot of girls here, although its difficult to tell who has girl parts vs who is a girl in their head only.

Catinthehat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
its my guess (and hope i dont offend you or Catinthehat when i say this) most girls just dont like disgusting things like playing in the mud, pooping themself. but i did search girls but not much came up (but a weird video of a girl putting a banana in a diaper :dontgetit: )

No offense taken. :)

KatelynG

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Unscientifically, I suspect a more even ratio as well. Girls might be a little more careful about outing themselves on youtube. There seem to be a lot of girls here, although its difficult to tell who has girl parts vs who is a girl in their head only.

I'm a bit offended by the implication here that trans girls aren't really girls. Why do you need to know who has female parts online unless it's specifically relevant to a conversation concerning genitalia? Being transgender doesn't make someone less of a girl/boy than someone who is cisgender.

That said, we do have quite a few girls here, both cisgender and transgender. I can think of quite a few off the top of my head.

Penny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Yeah your bits and bobs don't make your gender but I have noticed a lot of transgendered people on here. I don't know why but I think that's kind of cool actually.

santa22

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
i dont like to sides, but he was right about girls not outing themself on youtube.
but i would never say that. how people are is fine with me.

Penny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
That's not we're the offense was that's actually an agreeable point. Woman tend to be a little more discretionary about the things they do. Couldn't tell you why just personal experiance.

santa22

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
does make me wonder how many girls in my area are like this.

kikee

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
There is a huge difference between the demographics of online participation and membership, and actual attendance at social events. - For example, 37.8% of the hundred or so attendees at the recent TeddyCon 2014, were females. - The ratio was about the same of last year's 100 or so attendees at the CAPCON 2014, although only a little over 25% of the attendees were females at the most recent US Littles Convention 2014. - I have attended many smaller gatherings, or "Munches", where the attendance of females exceeded the attendance of males.

I don't know what to say about this recent phenomena, except to say that one of the reasons may be that there has been a fairly recent shift in the "leadership" of events over the past few years that has not only been encouraging both greater attendance, but a more realistic mixture of men and women, of all orientations, that is beginning to approximate the actual gender distribution. - In short, both cisgendered individuals, and females, seem to feel safer, and more welcome, than before the change in leadership philosophy occurred.

gigglemuffinz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I'm going to address very quickly what I hope was worded in haste, and simply say that trans girls are far from simply girls in their heads. Please think about the implications your words have, this was an really hurtful comment that was likely simply just not thought of very long before saying.

Moving right along.. I don't think it's anyone's business what's in people's pants. However it seems like the OP was asking in the most base sense.. apparently.. "are a certain type of people born with this specific reproductive system less likely to be involved with this?" the answer is generally yes if we are going by statistics, but that's it. There isn't inherently something about this that makes it incompatible with cisfemales, and there is quite a good handful of them out there that would likely not like to be ignored.

I tend to find most cisfemales interested in this stuff just tend to hang around other places, like Tumblr and other places like that. Various places like that seem to be more home for them, then places like.. Fetlife for instance. I think that what it ultimately comes down to is just what they are looking for in this community. I think places like FetLife and other fetish sites are places I shy away from anyway. I've never really had a good experience on that kinda place.. you feel like a chewtoy being thrown to the dogs. I want to make sure that the dogs in that scenario aren't men, I'm referring to a certain type of creepier individual who tend to hover around places like that. There are some really awesome guys there too.

M

Maxx

I'm a bit offended by the implication here that trans girls aren't really girls. Why do you need to know who has female parts online unless it's specifically relevant to a conversation concerning genitalia? Being transgender doesn't make someone less of a girl/boy than someone who is cisgender.

That said, we do have quite a few girls here, both cisgender and transgender. I can think of quite a few off the top of my head.

I'm not trying to start anything here. What you consider yourself is your business, and you're right, its meaningless online. IRL it is meaningful, eg, if I were single and dating. The original post had me thinking in strictly IRL demographic terms.

A somewhat related anecdote: I had dinner at a friends house once. Lasagna. I don't recall if I knew beforehand that she was lactose intolerant, and that was reflected in the lasagna. Looked and tasted like lasagna, but I discovered to my discomfort that I'm dairy substitute intolerant.

gigglemuffinz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I'm not trying to start anything here. What you consider yourself is your business, and you're right, its meaningless online. IRL it is meaningful, eg, if I were single and dating. The original post had me thinking in strictly IRL demographic terms.

It's meaningful simply in the fact that you might be possibly only sexual attracted to a certain type of person. You have that right and thankfully there is still words you can use to make that specfic point. Who is or is not a girl, is not limited by that standard however. In "real life" terms, trans girls are still considered girls. They are just girls you are not sexually attracted to. Meaning it's meaningful to you, but not in a conversation about "if "girls" like this".

Understandable that you aren't trying to start anything. No one is accusing you of that.. but just that the comment was sort of not good.

kikee

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Arietta - i have met far more cisgendered females at ABDL gatheings than transgendered females. - The same applies to males. - It is most likely that there is the same proportion of cisgendered, versus transgendered individuals, in the ABDL interest group, as there exist within the general community at large. - But i am not checking people's pants, standing at the door with a tally counter, or taking internet surveys, because that is certainly not a criteria for my friendship.

M

Maxx

I'm going to address very quickly what I hope was worded in haste, and simply say that trans girls are far from simply girls in their heads. Please think about the implications your words have, this was an really hurtful comment that was likely simply just not thought of very long before saying.

Absolutely no offense intended. I read the explanations for these things several months ago. Guess what. I don't remember them today. "Girls in their heads" conveyed the meaning accurately, didn't it? I feel I would be equally justified in taking offense at someone expecting me to remember words and definitions that I never use IRL, and only run into here a couple of times a year, if that.

i don't expect everyone to understand the jargon specific to my business endeavors or sports, both of which are not common knowledge. Life is going to be very difficult for you if you take offense every time someone doesn't take an hour to look up the arcane jargon that's currently PC for your particular niche.

Status
Not open for further replies.