Northshore Trifecta Fit

iatec779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hello all, I recently decided to try a northshore trifecta cover for help with leaks in bed over my disposable diaper. Even though the waist and legs seem to fit right this thing is huge! Seems like theirs is a lot of extra material if I wear it like a regular brief over my diaper.
Is it supposed to fit like that for maybe if someone had crazy thick diaper?
Am I supposed to wear the legs a little lower and the waist higher than normal underwear? That seems to take up some of the excess fabric but I’m definitely not used to the feeling.
Or maybe these just fit that way and I need to try another brand. Kinda disappointed for $50 but maybe I’m trying to wear it wrong and I just need to get used to it.
Thanks for any advice!

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Every diaper cover I own is DEFINITELY MASSIVE, but that's only when compared to the snug, trim fit of disposable diapers. They allow for various thickness of reusable diapers underneath and honestly they do a tremendous job keeping everything outside of your diaper/brief DRY. So long as they are snug around the legs and waist you're good! They need to be snug so that there's not any gaps as gaps=leaks but they should never be TIGHT or so tight that they're literally squeezing your legs or waist hard...if you take them off and there's deep "indentations" where the legs & waistband sit on your body a minute after you take them off, they're far too tight/small.

You'll likely get used to these in short order. I did. I usually wear mine in the daytime when going places as I've been trying reusable "underwear" (incontinence or absorbent underwear, as in they look exactly like underwear but have absorbent padding inside) and these underwear are pretty slow to absorb any surges. These pants ensure me I'm not going to have any horrifying, embarrassing as all hell leaks when out doing anything. I've experienced that way back when this was new to me and I was convinced that I needed to wear the most "discreet" diaper on Earth...well, while no one has ever said anything about me, to me or behind my back when wearing diapers I KNOW won't fail me EVERYONE IS GOING TO SEE when your pants are dripping wet-drenched and there's a lake at your feet! Trust me, you do NOT want to experience that!

I personally use the Gary Wear PUL pants the majority of the time but also have some of the rubberized Sani-Pant covers and both work well but both appear to be baggy/loose when in fact the fit is exceptional.

iatec779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
loadedpamperman said:
Every diaper cover I own is DEFINITELY MASSIVE, but that's only when compared to the snug, trim fit of disposable diapers. They allow for various thickness of reusable diapers underneath and honestly they do a tremendous job keeping everything outside of your diaper/brief DRY. So long as they are snug around the legs and waist you're good! They need to be snug so that there's not any gaps as gaps=leaks but they should never be TIGHT or so tight that they're literally squeezing your legs or waist hard...if you take them off and there's deep "indentations" where the legs & waistband sit on your body a minute after you take them off, they're far too tight/small.

You'll likely get used to these in short order. I did. I usually wear mine in the daytime when going places as I've been trying reusable "underwear" (incontinence or absorbent underwear, as in they look exactly like underwear but have absorbent padding inside) and these underwear are pretty slow to absorb any surges. These pants ensure me I'm not going to have any horrifying, embarrassing as all hell leaks when out doing anything. I've experienced that way back when this was new to me and I was convinced that I needed to wear the most "discreet" diaper on Earth...well, while no one has ever said anything about me, to me or behind my back when wearing diapers I KNOW won't fail me EVERYONE IS GOING TO SEE when your pants are dripping wet-drenched and there's a lake at your feet! Trust me, you do NOT want to experience that!

I personally use the Gary Wear PUL pants the majority of the time but also have some of the rubberized Sani-Pant covers and both work well but both appear to be baggy/loose when in fact the fit is exceptional.
Thanks for the reply, I ended up wearing them to bed last night, weren’t near as hot or bothersome as I initially expected. Legs and waist diddnt dig in in the AM so I think that part is good. It was just strange having so much material in between.
The sides for instance just behind where my diaper tapes, the diaper is maybe 4 - 5” tall, I swear the pants felt like 10. Start higher on the waist and go way further down side of the thigh. I supposed that’s the point to backup any disposable diaper leaks.
I’ll probably save them if I think it’s going to be a heavy night but the trial run went ok.

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have try a North Shore Trifecta diaper covers and fine them on the smaller in size to Gray active wear covers . I wear a XS in Gary's . I did order same size with Trifecta and they was much smaller . Next time I need to order again will try a size bigger in Trifecta.
The pastel colors are a tad brighter also, other then that they feel the same.