NorthShore Supreme in Colors

RMS401

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm aware this isn't the first thread to announce the long-awaited arrival of the vaunted Supremes in colors. I placed my order on Thursday morning and by noon the following day I was picking up a mixed case from Walgreens. I was surprised they look exactly like the Supreme Lites, complete with polka dots/bubbles, which I thought Adam had said they wouldn't have. Regardless, I absolutely adore them. They're everything I had hoped for and they make me very happy.

But the real purpose of this post is to ask why. Why would I care that my diaper isn't white? I'm probably 98% DL, with no perceptible AB tendencies, with this one exception. I've tried the Crinklz diapers and really enjoy the print. Why? I save them for times I can spend time without pants, so I can see them. I cannot make any sense of this. The desire to see the diaper doesn't fit in with my understanding of what diapers do for me.

I don't suppose I'll ever have an answer; I guess I was just wondering if I'm alone in this. Any other "pure" DLs found this to be true?

-RMS

Reactions: DippyDawg
I definitely know where you're coming from. Depend, Attends, Molicares and all those diapers are for people with an actual medical condition and most of us with an emotional need only use those because they're readily available. We still love them and we love using them but after a while it just feels like settling.

When I bought my first package of Rearz I thought, I've finally made it. I feel like I'm a genuine part of the community because I love these so much more than the medical supplies. And why shouldn't I have diapers I enjoy? Why shouldn't someone who is incontinent have briefs that have colors and fun designs? People bedazzle their colostomy bags, put bumper stickers in their motorized chairs, use golf balls and knitting on their walkers, so why is incontinence the only thing people aren't allowed to have fun with?

And I work in the apparel department at Wal-Mart. I've seen underwear for grown men and women that have cartoon characters and sports teams.

Reactions: RMS401
The blue I suppose may blend in with jeans, this is at least my thought. Maybe medically IC get bored with plain white but don’t necessarily want characters. I think of the molicare super plus that was purple, I liked that it was different.

Reactions: Jonnythepony, RMS401 and 12srepaid
TheWolfEmperor said:
Depend, Attends, Molicares and all those diapers are for people with an actual medical condition and most of us with an emotional need only use those because they're readily available. We still love them and we love using them but after a while it just feels like settling.
Bingo! That's exactly the way I've come to feel. If only they weren't so expensive. It's difficult to be a DL on a fixed income. But a store brand dip that does it's job (most of the time) is better than no dip at all.

Reactions: RMS401 and TheWolfEmperor
My philosophy is that it's only expensive if it's something you need. If it's something you want, you save up or you splurge.

Reactions: DippyDawg and RMS401
animegeek said:
The blue I suppose may blend in with jeans, this is at least my thought. Maybe medically IC get bored with plain white but don’t necessarily want characters. I think of the molicare super plus that was purple, I liked that it was different.
While not medically IC, I fit right into this area. I dont want medical, nor babyish designs on diapers. Just cool looking diapers.

Reactions: RMS401
RMS401 said:
Why would I care that my diaper isn't white? I'm probably 98% DL, with no perceptible AB tendencies, with this one exception. I've tried the Crinklz diapers and really enjoy the print. Why? I save them for times I can spend time without pants, so I can see them. I cannot make any sense of this. The desire to see the diaper doesn't fit in with my understanding of what diapers do for me.

I actually just got my case of blue Supreme's yesterday, which are fantastic. I honestly prefer my diaper not to be medical looking. It is no different than buying a pair of plaid boxers or underwear with a pattern. I may also be a little but those times when I am not in that head space it is nice to have an option that is not medical wetness indicators and lines or just plain ho hum white.

I got the blue cause it does in fact blend well with jeans. My go to is normally Crinklz but I do like that I have the option of a non childish pattern that is not medical styled.

Reactions: RMS401 and TheWolfEmperor
Piefox said:
I honestly prefer my diaper not to be medical looking. It is no different than buying a pair of plaid boxers or underwear with a pattern.

I guess you're right Piefox. Never thought of it that way. I don't have any patterned underwear but nor do I wear plain white ones. I guess if you're going to have underwear that you use only for pleasure, it makes sense to make them look fun too.

Written while wearing a Crinklz original, wet and getting wetter. :)

-RMS

Reactions: Piefox
So think about this RMS401 - Northshore Medical's original goal was to produce a quality diaper to help alleviate the issues with most brands of purely medical diapers. While it is super great and awesome they have catered and supported the ABDL community so much, maybe this move wasn't about them. For some of us that are stuck in diapers, with no way out, it can be a constant struggle to feel cute, yet dignified, when you are stuck in purely medical looking diapers. Something as simple as an adult design and different color can give confidence, just like a particular cute pair of panties or thongs can.
There are also some situations and manners of dress where both a purely medical and more ab design are out. I can imagine if I were dating and didn't have my special forever someone, I wouldn't want either underneath my dress in case things went extremely well. No, instead I would want something that looked adult and semi-normal, and at first glance, not like a diaper or pullup.

Edit: Apparently my sleep addled brain didn't read your post right, so let me continue onto a reply for the actual post...

The same will probably apply to DLs as well, but in your case I am betting it has to do with all the input you get from a diaper. The look, the feel, the use, ect. Something new can actually bring more excitement, or simply the different colors might be inspiring different feelings (Color theory and psychology).

Last edited:
Reactions: 12srepaid and RMS401
Azie, That's how I looked at the colored diapers from Northshore. Strictly as an alternate for those with incontinence from regular looking medical diapers.

Back