NorthShore sizing

Khaymen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I'm hoping you guys can help. I typically wear a medium diaper across the many brands and ordered some samples from NorthShore.

Due to their sizing, I tried the small hoping they would fit. To my astonishment they were huge and bigger than some mediums. I contacted them thinking someone packaged mediums labeled as small and they shipped another sample.

I pulled a tape measure and the size small was well over 40" at the waist and hips.

Is this normal? Would I be wasting my money to try a sample of the extra small hoping they will run as big and actually fit?

Reactions: Edgewater
Khaymen said:
I'm hoping you guys can help. I typically wear a medium diaper across the many brands and ordered some samples from NorthShore.

Due to their sizing, I tried the small hoping they would fit. To my astonishment they were huge and bigger than some mediums. I contacted them thinking someone packaged mediums labeled as small and they shipped another sample.

I pulled a tape measure and the size small was well over 40" at the waist and hips.

Is this normal? Would I be wasting my money to try a sample of the extra small hoping they will run as big and actually fit?
I'm guessing that you tried the megamax?? If so, they do run a bit larger. I'd probably order another sample because you'd be wasting more money if you got a pack or a case. Hope you can get something that fits you better.

Reactions: Edgewater and Khaymen
Yup, Northshore MegaMax diapers def run much larger than other diapers. You might want to size down with MegaMax. On the other hand, if you like a slightly bigger diaper, more padding in the wings because you can wrap around further, wider seat and crotch coverage, like I do, wear your normal size. Just remember you may want to add a onesie to keep things closer to your body.
Good luck!

Yes, as stated above, MEGAMAX is a large diaper as one of their targets it high volume for longer wear and there has to be room for that added capacity. Rapping further on to the front is common as part of smaller side.

If you are wearing for other than length of wear time, another of NorthShore products maybe a better choice!

Last edited:
Reactions: Khaymen
DL85 said:
I'm guessing that you tried the megamax?? If so, they do run a bit larger. I'd probably order another sample because you'd be wasting more money if you got a pack or a case. Hope you can get something that fits you better.

Thanks, I ordered a sample of the x small which just seems weird since I haven't been a small since I was in diapers the first time.

NorthwestDiaperDude said:
Yup, Northshore MegaMax diapers def run much larger than other diapers. You might want to size down with MegaMax. On the other hand, if you like a slightly bigger diaper, more padding in the wings because you can wrap around further, wider seat and crotch coverage, like I do, wear your normal size. Just remember you may want to add a onesie to keep things closer to your body.
Good luck!

Thank you for replying. I don't like the excess material and bunching of a big diaper and have my fingers crossed that the x small will fit my frame.

Reactions: Diaperman95 and Edgewater
Edgewater said:
Yes, as stated above, MEGAMAX is a large diaper as one of their targets it high volume for longer wear and there has to be room for that added capacity. Rapping further on to the front is common as part of smaller side.

If you are wearing for other than length of wear time, another of NorthShore products maybe a better choice!
We'll see when the newest sample arrives. It may be that this brand just isn't for me. I have others I'm fond of and use regularly but am always on the lookout for a new favorite

I also normally wear mediums and for a good while I thought Megamax medium was excessive. But recently I discovered a different taping approach that changed my mind completely. Others on this forum have described it better than I can but basically I wear the diaper a little lower than usual, just on my hips, or rather think of the top tapes being around the top of the hips, the bottom tapes wrap around my legs and bum and come up at angle pretty tight. I doubt my description does it justice but the result is a surprisingly trim fit for how big the diaper is and it feels amazing and it doesn't leak. This does cause a waddle though after it fills up which is either a benefit or a problem depending. I can wear the Megamax small just fine but I don't get the performance with the small that I do with the medium. In the end it all depends on your own body composition and preferences so try different sizes and taping strategies and see what works for you.

• Love
Reactions: Khaymen and Edgewater
I normally wear 2X so far in most but the Mega max is definitely larger the tapes overlap on me.

I got my sample pack today and can say that MegaMax X Small will fit a 36" waist

Well,

I think they run a bit larger than most brands, been using them for a long time, and use a medium, but elsewhere i wear a large.

I do appreciate the extra, and so long as the tapes dont cross and destroy the universe with cats and dogs being together, then all is fine.

But as it is, one size smaller is normal, as another note the trifecta pants are a bit larger too, gary large is about north shore medium.

Sizing is all over the place, ask any girl about that, they have been forever not able to rely upon a size standard. Some have coined it vanity sizing, not sure but sizing is a crap shoot, tis good about a sample. Might cost a few bucks, but better to not have a whole case that is the wrong size. My ex ordered a whole case of big single tab diapers with a print, they just dont fit, and dont hold much either so, i have a bunch of bags of them, rotting in my closet.

Long story short, order a sample for sure!!!

Back