Northshore Megamax AirLock

newt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So I was about to order another case of megamax when I saw that there was a new version of the megamax air. It looks like they made the megamax air but with the regular megamax tabs and landing zone.

This sounds like the best idea yet for summer. All the benefits of the cloth-backed diaper with none of the regular drawbacks of stretching. Anyone tried them yet?

Reactions: Diprs2, gadawgs8000, sassypigtailz and 1 other person
No, but have included a bag as part of my normal pre-scheduled delivery.

Reactions: PaddedRita, Diprs2 and newt
Same. I bought a half case. Wish they would have come out a week earlier because I'm flying to San Diego tomorrow which would have been a perfect time for them.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
I'll watch this thread to see what people think about them. I tried the previous version but had issues with the velcro tapes and too much sagging from the cloth backing.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and AshtonFreecss
my samples have been shipped out

Reactions: Diprs2, Magicalgirl101, AshtonFreecss and 1 other person
newt said:
So I was about to order another case of megamax when I saw that there was a new version of the megamax air. It looks like they made the megamax air but with the regular megamax tabs and landing zone.

This sounds like the best idea yet for summer. All the benefits of the cloth-backed diaper with none of the regular drawbacks of stretching. Anyone tried them yet?
Just order a couple of bags of AirLock MegaMax with high hopes. Northshore is amazing so I’ll know on July 14th

Reactions: Diprs2, newt, Edgewater and 1 other person
I just ordered my 3 bags and will arrive tomorrow!

Reactions: Diprs2, newt and Edgewater
I've had them for a few days now and have used a few. I've actually been waiting to form my own opinion because my first impression was extremely good. Very comfortable and they completely fixed the tapes. The tapes would hold back the ocean and they are repositionable. I got size medium and the fit is very full on me, which is to say perfect except if wanting to be discrete as it nearly reaches my belly button. Otherwise it is noiseless, like really as long as you don't wear super revealing clothing this is totally stealth. The capacity is pretty excellent but so far it does leak prior to me registering that it is full. I've always had terrible luck with cloth like diapers anyway so maybe it is just me. They also figured out how to make it breathe somewhat without feeling very wet on the outside. Overall I'm very impressed and I'm interested to hear what other folks think.

• Love
Reactions: michaelmc, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
Just curious … Does it bulk up in the front or distribute somewhat evenly?

we need plastic around leg bands and cloth everywhere else with velcro tapes, first company to make those (hybrid diapers) I’m all in

Reactions: Diprs2
insideoutlier said:
I've had them for a few days now and have used a few. I've actually been waiting to form my own opinion because my first impression was extremely good. Very comfortable and they completely fixed the tapes. The tapes would hold back the ocean and they are repositionable. I got size medium and the fit is very full on me, which is to say perfect except if wanting to be discrete as it nearly reaches my belly button. Otherwise it is noiseless, like really as long as you don't wear super revealing clothing this is totally stealth. The capacity is pretty excellent but so far it does leak prior to me registering that it is full. I've always had terrible luck with cloth like diapers anyway so maybe it is just me. They also figured out how to make it breathe somewhat without feeling very wet on the outside. Overall I'm very impressed and I'm interested to hear what other folks think.
Are the tapes loud when you rip them off like a regular megamax?

Okay, got them in today and wow I’m so surprised how well they feel and fit! The tapes are so much better, definitely a hybrid now!

Reactions: Diprs2 and DLinSecret
bnet said:
They don't wick to the back much in my experience.

iatec779 said:
Are the tapes loud when you rip them off like a regular megamax?
I haven't paid any attention to the noise of taking the tapes off. Since the landing zone and tapes are very similar to regular MegaMax I'd have to say it sounds the same. But I haven't paid attention to that. They are super quiet in every other way.

Reactions: Diprs2 and iatec779
The tapes are just like the plastic Megamax! They feel like the Go supremes same material!

When I wore disposables, none of the Chinese diapers wicked to the back. The euros are the only ones that wick well in my experience.

Reactions: utefan and Diprs2
insideoutlier said:
I haven't paid any attention to the noise of taking the tapes off. Since the landing zone and tapes are very similar to regular MegaMax I'd have to say it sounds the same. But I haven't paid attention to that. They are super quiet in every other way.
Thanks for the reply. I really liked the older ones in situations like changing in a public restroom or maybe if sharing a hotel with a friend and wanted to be discrete. They did stretch though which was annoying.

bnet said:
It's a new product, likely will preform within Northshore's historical manner.
Note, the Bunch-Up seems to be an effect of the diaper not being opened and the user causing a "U" fold along the centerline of the diaper from front to back.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaddedRita, Diprs2 and newt
Edgewater said:
Note, the Bunch-Up seems to be an effect of the diaper not being opened and the using causing a "U" fold along the centerline of the diaper from front to back.
As my avatar shows, I know all about the U. At he University of Miami, they always say "its all about the U." Turns out that phrase is applicable in more situations, as Edgewater is correct that for proper bunch-up prevention, it is also "all about the U."

• Love
Reactions: PaddedRita, Diprs2, abdilly and 1 other person
Edgewater said:
It's a new product, likely will preform within Northshore's historical manner.
Note, the Bunch-Up seems to be an effect of the diaper not being opened and the user causing a "U" fold along the centerline of the diaper from front to back.

User causing fold? I thought the recommendation is to fold lengthwise to to create a channel for fitting and open up the diaper.

My experience, NS and other higher holding diapers use a lot of SAP to accomplish their high volume claims. Not a secret or surprise. There are products with lower SAP percentages which, I believe allow for a better distribution of liquid and less expansion - similar to the accolades of using cloth but, with better wetness protection against your skin.

Back