Non sexual fetishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Recently, I've been wondering if it is possible to have a non sexual fetish. I can think of 3 very distinct objects that I have been obessed with since I was 4 or 5. I have little or no experience of them and I never get a sexual reaction to them, but I think about them just as much and to the same intensitiy as diapers, if not more so.

Sleeping bags - I can remember pestering my parents for one of these every time I saw them. Never got one, in fact my parents have forbidden me from having one :)dunno:). I have slept in one once or twice, and even though I felt too hot I loved it.

Parka jackets - Never worn one of these, though I have memories of thinking about them back when I was in nursery school (3-4 years old). Crazy thing is now they are fashionable, but I still can't have on even though they are in shops because my Mum finds them 'chavy'.

Wetsuits - Never worn one of these either, though first time I saw one I knew I wanted to try one on. This would have been a bit later, probably about the age of 6. Never really stopped thinking about them. Same goes for the other two things in this list.

I imagine that some of my interest in these items comes from the sensory affects that Asperger's has on me, but been as I have little or no experience of them, I can't be sure. So, do you think it is possible to have a non sexual fetish? Do you have any of your own? Any ideas why you do?

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
it's not a fetish because a fetish is a sexual lust for something.

probably just the sensory overload like you said.

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Sissy
fet⋅ish
   /ˈfɛtɪʃ, ˈfitɪʃ/ [fet-ish, fee-tish]
–noun
1. an object regarded with awe as being the embodiment or habitation of a potent spirit or as having magical potency.
2. any object, idea, etc., eliciting unquestioning reverence, respect, or devotion: to make a fetish of high grades.
3. Psychology. any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation.

thus saying that it can, or can't, be sexual. It is usually used in the sexual lust form, nonetheless. I have a feeling it's just a sensory overload, like you said.
I have a nonsexual fetish for toesocks and wristbands. I just love wearing them. :p
--Evan

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Not true Chillhouse:

Fetish:
n.

1. An object that is believed to have magical or spiritual powers, especially such an object associated with animistic or shamanistic religious practices.
2. An object of unreasonably excessive attention or reverence: made a fetish of punctuality.
3. Something, such as a material object or a nonsexual part of the body, that arouses sexual desire and may become necessary for sexual gratification.
4. An abnormally obsessive preoccupation or attachment; a fixation.

So it could be 2 or 4 I guess.

I think I share a similar thing, with the sleeping bags and wetsuits (and Parka Jackets if they are what I think they are).
Something about being tight up in something... I like to wrap my duvet around me as if it was a sleeping bag.
I'd quite like to sleep in a coffin in fact. :D But coffin brings bad connotations, like one lined with covers. :D

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I sometimes stick a bone through my nose. I've done it ever since I was a child, should I tell my spouse?

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Wait, dicti-owned? Shouldn't the word after the hyphen have two syllables?

This will kill me!

cais

Contributor
Catgirlz! AKA Nekomimi, or 'Neko' as it's called on the interwebz. This has to be is my second favorite fetish!! I mean, they're so, so, cute and I get a happy feeling every time I even think about Neko. Am I furry though? No. It only consists of cat ears and a tail 95% of the time. See visual aids for deTails:

Attachments

Maxicoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Little
Oh yes it is possible to have a nonsexual fetish. I think more about gaming then i do my infantilism. as well as crocheting and late 80's and really 90's gansta rap(no jokes please). Of course I have Aspergers as well, so obsessions are to be expected.

Role
Diaper Lover
Well, I have seen non-sexual fetishes being ramifications of actual sexual fetishes, in fact, I have seen testimonies of people who have, for example, a fetish for donuts, but they have clarified that they are absolutely non-sexual.

Role
Private
I have a fetish to have a committed relationship with a person of the opposite gender who is roughly my age. They will be full of ideas about their future, be presentable to my parents, and like cuddles. That is my fetish.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Well gee Koko, I think you're in the wrong forum for that. Freak.

Role
Private
Gosh, and I thought I was the asshole on this forum. How dare you try to steal my job, you little thief. Now I'm going to go be emo and cry because you have rejected my hopes and dreams.

Jerk.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I had to wrest it from your limp corpse. You clung on tight, even in your death! It cost me a good deal of my reputation and now I'm out in the sun, but that's the life of a pirate.

Edit: I think I'm cursed. Is it natural to have a tiny avatar?

PostTenebrasLux

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
In my experience, no, it is not natural. Your image is much reduced.

I have to say though, I have always enjoyed your avatar. Stick figure portraits are the very best. I was trying to think of what I might look like in a stick figure portrait. I'll keep working on the concept, and if I ever come up with something good enough, I'll put it up by my name on my cubicle.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
My avatar really looks nothing like me. I stole it from an amazing comic though, at nedroid.com.

Here it is:

Oh, I flipped it around a bit, so he wasn't looking at fireplaces all the time.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I have a fetish for Point Blanch, but it's not sexual...hehe......

I think what has happened is that over time, the word fetish has lost it's initial meaning and post modern meanings have been stuck onto it. Gay used to mean happy. Boss used to be your superior. Cool meant lower temperatures. Fetish originally referred to being sexually stimulated through association with an object. Then the meaning became perverted with silly statements like "I have a real fetish for my new wide screen t.v.". Fetishes fall under the heading of Paraphilia, such as shoe fetishes, underwear, etc. If you steal someone else's shoes or underwear, you are breaking the law, but this happens all the time.

I think having an attraction to sleeping bags, etc. is part of your Ausbergers syndrome, particularly if you get absolutely no sexual stimulation from it. But if there is no sexual response, then just what is the attraction? As for me, I am sexually stimulated by diapers. Just putting them on is a sexual attraction for me. Thus they are a genuine fetish for me. Nothing else really is. I derive comfort from my plushies, but it is not a sexual comfort, just a sense of being at peace.

PostTenebrasLux

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Dogboy-

I think the term fetish has been used historically for more than just sexual desires which differ from the norm, though I may be wrong. In fact, I believe the term took origins in religious, rather than sexual themes (I'd need to look this up to be sure--I might be completely wrong).

In any case, I think the term might generally apply to whatever desire, sexual or not, but it does seem to retain a certain moral judgment, regardless of sexuality. I have a rock collection which consists of exactly two rocks, both of which I found in some 'cool' places. I like to feel my rocks when sitting around waiting for the computer to finish something. In a non-sexual way, this would be a fetish, I suppose. One's perfectly smooth and round, and one's perfectly jagged and blocky, but both are small enough to fit in the palm of my hand together. (Since I started writing, I realized I'd lost them, but found one in my desk and one on the floor under the desk...ahhhhh.)

However, it seems probable to me that in the future, the term fetish will at least register sexual connotations for most folks if it's not officially defined as a sexual term. Or maybe that's the current status. If so, we should make a new word to cover the rest.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Yet it inspires me nonetheless. I've done a lot of stick figure drawing, but it was all a long time ago. Time to give it another go.
I know, it's amazing how many emotions and feelings can go into such a simple drawing. My avatar, I think, fits me perfectly, and it probably took five seconds to make :D

Status
Not open for further replies.