Non-online sources for m to f clothing or larger womens sizes (both for wearing diapered and undiapered)

mistykitty

transfemale abdl & diaperfur girl kitten
Est. Contributor
Messages
1,592
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
I transitioning m to f and am having difficulty finding sizes of clothing that fit me both undiapered and diapered. I mentioned both because I need both options for when wearing and not wearing. Because of my body size I am a little bigger than typical womens sizes. So far I have only been able to find online sources that have sizes or sites that specialize in m to f clothing that account for things in advance but they are mainly casual stuff. Are there any in person stores like this either specialized in it or not? Shipping is becoming a bit crazy cost wise to get stuff but if this is my only option, I'm ok to stick with online. If it's any help I live in Pennsylvainia and close to Delaware. Reason I'm asking here is I can't really find anything using my own efforts and I've been at the point for a while that I want to be even more serious about significantly altering the balance of clothing I have to be more on the f side then the m side. Right now I'm maybe 30% f and 70% m clothing wise but this hinderance is mainly an affordability thing which is why I'm trying to get rid of the shipping cost. Any options or advice would be appreciated.
 
I have bought about half my female wardrobe at thrift stores. Some amazing bargains there: Skirts for $4, dresses for $6. Tough to find ladies shoes in larger sizes (I'm a ladies 11) but lots of dresses in every size. You have to know your size as many stores don't have a dressing room and I only buy dresses in stretchy fabrics to be safe.
 
  • Like
Reactions: sissyBabyDonna, KittyninjaW and mistykitty
Janetsy77 said:
I have bought about half my female wardrobe at thrift stores. Some amazing bargains there: Skirts for $4, dresses for $6. Tough to find ladies shoes in larger sizes (I'm a ladies 11) but lots of dresses in every size. You have to know your size as many stores don't have a dressing room and I only buy dresses in stretchy fabrics to be safe.
That's the difficulty, my size so far is above what most stores carry in my area that's why it's difficult to find. I'm currently paying for both hair removal and hrt so that's where a lot of my money goes to thats not living expenses. My size at the moment in womens sizes are 3xl/4xl and i have difficulty finding those around me because I searched sites and these are unusal sizes that are worn. As I mentioned I'm trying to be able to get into smaller sizes that are more available but my anti-epileptic med also contributes to my weight loss difficult. So I guess I have 2 factors cost and body size. I do thank you for your helpful suggestion though I will try giving that a shot.
 
Last edited:
mistykitty said:
I transitioning m to f and am having difficulty finding sizes of clothing that fit me both undiapered and diapered. I mentioned both because I need both options for when wearing and not wearing. Because of my body size I am a little bigger than typical womens sizes. So far I have only been able to find online sources that have sizes or sites that specialize in m to f clothing that account for things in advance but they are mainly casual stuff. Are there any in person stores like this either specialized in it or not? Shipping is becoming a bit crazy cost wise to get stuff but if this is my only option, I'm ok to stick with online. If it's any help I live in Pennsylvainia and close to Delaware. Reason I'm asking here is I can't really find anything using my own efforts and I've been at the point for a while that I want to be even more serious about significantly altering the balance of clothing I have to be more on the f side then the m side. Right now I'm maybe 30% f and 70% m clothing wise but this hinderance is mainly an affordability thing which is why I'm trying to get rid of the shipping cost. Any options or advice would be appreciated.
for shoes I used to use zappos iwore size 13 womens and the carried larger than tthat
also go to the site janets place. they specialize in all kinds of crossdreser cloth shoes and anyting else you want
 
  • Like
Reactions: mistykitty
The truth is that, when it comes to sizing (and many other things), there really isn't a great deal of difference between women's clothes and men's clothes. Sizes for clothes are usually not standardized, with the one exception I can think of being shoe sizes which do have general guidelines for labeling that almost all brands follow (even though they still vary).

What this means is that one brand's "women's large" is not the same as another brands "women's large." This seems to be a particular problem with women's clothing from what I have seen and heard from others, but really this is present across all clothes. Even within a brand, there's not going to be perfect uniformity to finding correctly fitting sizes. There is, unfortunately, a lot of trial and error to it if you're shopping in person at a store that does not have a changing room (or one that you are comfortable using).

Here's the thing though: this is a problem that cis women face just the same! They might have more experience dealing with it, but I kinda doubt there are any women who have gone mall shopping for clothes who wouldn't complain about inconsistency and sizing. It's a very universal thing!

My point is to say, inclusive brands are great but I somewhat doubt they are a necessity. I've done research into "crossdresser clothes" and ones aimed specifically at MtFs and I find there's really not a significant difference between those and clothes marketed towards / made with the intention as being worn by cis women. Clothes are literally just clothes. People's bodies have a lot lot of variation. Gender dimorphism is only one of these, and it's honestly not that big of a difference.


Now, of course, if you need the specialized clothes you need them! I don't want to just assume that you haven't tried clothes marketed to cis women.

With that said, are you sure you don't fit in women's sizes? A lot of larger stores seem to be putting more effort into providing plus size sections and giving them closer to the diversity of clothes you'd see outside of the more limited offerings they're usually given.

I don't wish to pry for anything you don't want to share but is it purely size that's the issue or a distaste with how it falls on your body? Or is it just a problem with finding stuff that appeals to your fashion tastes that also fits you?
mistykitty said:
My size at the moment in womens sizes are 3xl/4xl and i have difficulty finding those around me because I searched sites and these are unusal sizes that are worn.
I think Target is in Pennsylvainia and would ship out there at least if you're not close to a store. They carry plus size women's brands that usually go up to 4xl. I've never looked at this section in person, unfortunately, so I don't know if it's as good as online. They have a good return policy and shipping is free at $50+ I think.

H&M also carries some women's clothes up to 4xl. I haven't been to one in person in years though and I've never shopped online for them so I can't vouch for more than that, sorry.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mistykitty
YakuiAndOzoi said:
The truth is that, when it comes to sizing (and many other things), there really isn't a great deal of difference between women's clothes and men's clothes. Sizes for clothes are usually not standardized, with the one exception I can think of being shoe sizes which do have general guidelines for labeling that almost all brands follow (even though they still vary).

What this means is that one brand's "women's large" is not the same as another brands "women's large." This seems to be a particular problem with women's clothing from what I have seen and heard from others, but really this is present across all clothes. Even within a brand, there's not going to be perfect uniformity to finding correctly fitting sizes. There is, unfortunately, a lot of trial and error to it if you're shopping in person at a store that does not have a changing room (or one that you are comfortable using).

Here's the thing though: this is a problem that cis women face just the same! They might have more experience dealing with it, but I kinda doubt there are any women who have gone mall shopping for clothes who wouldn't complain about inconsistency and sizing. It's a very universal thing!

My point is to say, inclusive brands are great but I somewhat doubt they are a necessity. I've done research into "crossdresser clothes" and ones aimed specifically at MtFs and I find there's really not a significant difference between those and clothes marketed towards / made with the intention as being worn by cis women. Clothes are literally just clothes. People's bodies have a lot lot of variation. Gender dimorphism is only one of these, and it's honestly not that big of a difference.


Now, of course, if you need the specialized clothes you need them! I don't want to just assume that you haven't tried clothes marketed to cis women.

With that said, are you sure you don't fit in women's sizes? A lot of larger stores seem to be putting more effort into providing plus size sections and giving them closer to the diversity of clothes you'd see outside of the more limited offerings they're usually given.

I don't wish to pry for anything you don't want to share but is it purely size that's the issue or a distaste with how it falls on your body? Or is it just a problem with finding stuff that appeals to your fashion tastes that also fits you?

I think Target is in Pennsylvainia and would ship out there at least if you're not close to a store. They carry plus size women's brands that usually go up to 4xl. I've never looked at this section in person, unfortunately, so I don't know if it's as good as online. They have a good return policy and shipping is free at $50+ I think.

H&M also carries some women's clothes up to 4xl. I haven't been to one in person in years though and I've never shopped online for them so I can't vouch for more than that, sorry.
You make a very good point with what you said there and for whatever reason it had not occurred to me yet, that maybe their might not just be something that specific. I think I'm just going to take your advice and see if I can find plus sizes for the moment. I thank you for the help I think I was unintentionally complicating something that should've been simple.
 
  • Love
Reactions: KittyninjaW and YakuiAndOzoi
One way to work around this problem is learning to sew and make your own clothes.
Sewing machines can be bought used and there is lots of how-to videos on u-tube.
It's not so difficult as it perhaps seems. Also you can modify existing clothes that doesn't fit.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mistykitty
OnePiece said:
One way to work around this problem is learning to sew and make your own clothes.
Sewing machines can be bought used and there is lots of how-to videos on u-tube.
It's not so difficult as it perhaps seems. Also you can modify existing clothes that doesn't fit.
Actually, sewing is something I know how to do both with and without a machine but I've only ever used it to repair. I guess learning to create shouldn't be to hard. Thank you for this helpful idea I'll consider giving it a try.
 
  • Like
Reactions: OnePiece
Lane Bryant stores are throughout the country and most definately on the east coast I would think. They specialize in women's sizes 14 to 28.

Also Amazon Prime has free shipping and returns and even a try it before you buy it program. They have quite a few big girl sizes, also.

If you are thinking of learning to sew, there are lots of different Youtube videos on taking Goodwill items and reworking them into something more fashionable. It will take less time to rework something than to start from scratch and after watching a few videos you might get your own creative juices flowing and have fun doing it and maybe even be able to rework some of your male clothes in your closet.

Good Luck transitioning your closet!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: OnePiece, YakuiAndOzoi, mistykitty and 1 other person
Thrift stores, OfferUp, FB Marketplace are my go to sites. Buy and sell. Great stuff for less than retail. I have bought retail for special events. My panties are primarily from Lane Bryant these days.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: mistykitty
Back
Top