Nocturia waking me up

PamperedBabyBear

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I have interstitial cystitis and some urinary retention , and well lately ive been having nocturia waking me several times a night where awhile back I almost got in a car accident from being tired. I seem to be waking up every 3 hours or something like that. I'm hoping to get where I can just release my bladder every night in diapers until I eventually wake up in a full wet diaper every morning as I feel that is better for me . Hopefully il eventually wet in my sleep

Reactions: Diprs2

IcyBlue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Has the interstitial cystitis been going for a long time? Is the nocturia recent? Are you over 45?
The interstitial cystitis and nocturia can be temporary so it’s worth trying to fix?
If you don’t want to fix it then you’ll need to get used to laying down and peeing probably during the day ?

jdinvirginia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
PamperedBabyBear, eventually you will be able to void at night without difficulty.

I am medically incontinent (and an occasional bedwetter). I usually wake up, needing to pee, two to three times a night. To pee in the toilet I have to remove a onesie, two pairs of plastic pants, a cloth pullup, and the diaper itself. After all that I find I am so awake that it is very difficult to get back to sleep. The lack of sleep was seriously disturbing my quality of life and ability to function during the day.

I discussed this with my urologist and he reluctantly agreed that sleep was the higher priority. So, with his approval, I now void in my diaper while remaining semi-asleep and fall asleep almost immediately afterward. I now enjoy the benefits of a good night's sleep.

Pino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
PamperedBabyBear said:
I have interstitial cystitis and some urinary retention , and well lately ive been having nocturia waking me several times a night where awhile back I almost got in a car accident from being tired. I seem to be waking up every 3 hours or something like that. I'm hoping to get where I can just release my bladder every night in diapers until I eventually wake up in a full wet diaper every morning as I feel that is better for me . Hopefully il eventually wet in my sleep
Some month ago i had to take the same decision and went for diapers at night. Worked not well every night and i never peed unconscious.

Due to a acute gastritis i had to eat a strict diet (light food?) for some weeks, i found a coincidence reducing my bladder pain from IC, so i only woke up once at night most times and this later than before, so i could get at least 6 hours of sleep many nights.
So i put the diapers at night away for most nights and only wear them when i have got the feeling it will be a bad night.

The problem is that usually you cant turn the clock back. When you decide to wet at night, there is the high risk of loosing control.
I do "feel" this every time i go back to diapers, the first night it wont work well, the second is much easier and three in a row will lower my control.
I try to avoid that, even it is "comfortable".

Last edited:

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
jdinvirginia said:
PamperedBabyBear, eventually you will be able to void at night without difficulty.

I am medically incontinent (and an occasional bedwetter). I usually wake up, needing to pee, two to three times a night. To pee in the toilet I have to remove a onesie, two pairs of plastic pants, a cloth pullup, and the diaper itself. After all that I find I am so awake that it is very difficult to get back to sleep. The lack of sleep was seriously disturbing my quality of life and ability to function during the day.

I discussed this with my urologist and he reluctantly agreed that sleep was the higher priority. So, with his approval, I now void in my diaper while remaining semi-asleep and fall asleep almost immediately afterward. I now enjoy the benefits of a good night's sleep.
I do that aswell

Reactions: PamperedBabyBear

PamperedBabyBear

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
"Has the interstitial cystitis been going for a long time?" yes it has been a long time , and even if the interstitial cystitis were only temporary i have chronic urinary retention i believe from a catheter injury in 2019. I have been out of diapers for 6 months for fertility tests and nocturia has been keeping me up at night where i almost got in a car accident. It seems to be getting worse i started waking up every few hours.

PamperedBabyBear

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
"Are you over 45?" no im 36 , i was in diapers for almost 9 years because of abdl desire and such so my bladder got weaker over the years too on top of it but after the cath injury i had times of not being able to feel when my bladder was full yet the doctors didnt diagnose me with neurogenic bladder but i still think i have some kind of neurogenic something happening . On top of all this i have ibs as well . I was diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis a year ago last December but ive had the symptoms with pelvic pain for instance for years . I cant handle the IC diet at all cant afford it I tried it out and it is either too expensive or brutal.

Last edited:

PamperedBabyBear

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
jdinvirginia said:

Yea i have insomnia on top of it like chronically for most of my life lol so waking up every few hours im getting almost no sleep at all running on redbull , rockstar energy or coffee lol , and as for the guy above that said "When you decide to wet at night, there is the high risk of loosing control." yea im ok with it , i had a desire for that for years and at this point it now just makes more sense for my health as well. For some history im used to programming all night and going to sleep at sunrise lol. My days are flipped and sometimes flop again , well lately ive been going to bed earlier and waking up at earlier and earlier which is odd for me not normal especially being i dont sleep much.

Last edited:

IcyBlue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Carer
514E140B-0712-4571-8DA8-CBDCF12ABC7C.png
But in all seriousness, I hope you figure out what works best for you as soon as possible. Can they prescribe you something for the pain? Sleeping pills?

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2 and PamperedBabyBear

PamperedBabyBear

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Right? lol i convert caffeine into software

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2 and IcyBlue

PamperedBabyBear

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Pino said:
Some month ago i had to take the same decision and went for diapers at night. Worked not well every night and i never peed unconscious.

Due to a acute gastritis i had to eat a strict diet (light food?) for some weeks, i found a coincidence reducing my bladder pain from IC, so i only woke up once at night most times and this later than before, so i could get at least 6 hours of sleep many nights.
So i put the diapers at night away for most nights and only wear them when i have got the feeling it will be a bad night.

The problem is that usually you cant turn the clock back. When you decide to wet at night, there is the high risk of loosing control.
I do "feel" this every time i go back to diapers, the first night it wont work well, the second is much easier and three in a row will lower my control.
I try to avoid that, even it is "comfortable".
im barely maintaining weight i weigh only like 115 lbs at the most 125 it has been this way for years , ive been as low as 106 lbs a few years ago. i cant afford to diet much as il disappear