No Swear Words in Thread Titles Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Hey all...

I've noticed a rather annoying recently that I think is degrading the quality of the boards. Swear words in thread titles.

Can we put an end to this? It's not really necessary to have a thread called "I'm ****ed" or "What the Hell?" is it? The title isn't all that descriptive... and even if you use F***ed or &*%#@ we still know what you are saying... it's not fooling anyone.

So... how about it y'all... can we clean up our language in the titles? I don't care if an occasional four-letter-word slips out... but I would rather not have it... or something that represents it... staring me in the face when I look at a forum.

Thanks!

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Good call Darkfinn, Personaly I don't care if people use that type of language because i'm so used to it but yes that is a good idea.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Thread titles don't need to say exactly what the thread is about in order for them to attract attention. In fact it's a very good way to get views at the very least, but it's annoying to have to click the thread to see what it entails only to find out that it was a waste of time reading it. Using swear words is just adding on to it. It's like, "Oh, he's asterisk asterisk asterisk asterisked? I have to see this!" and then you click it and see it's a problem we've all had before. So no to swear words for thread titles because they're only helping annoy people!

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
If you see a non-descriptive thread title, link to it from the requests forum. A mod will come along and change it to something polite and specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.